Winter-how do you start it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunshineinme

Reaction score
This is it! Summer has come to an end... It's Cold! Dark! Yuk!

Last night my hubby & I had an important conversation about the winter duvet being brought down from the loft and today I put the heating in the conservatory on...

I officially gave up... My winter season has started and they is no going back :(

So I was wondering when and what decisions do you make that officially start the dark season at your home?

Let's get depressed together :) xxx

When my hot water bottle comes out!

But has it already?

I'm actually replying to you from my kitchen cuddling up to my plinth heater haha :)

Yes, last night for the first time. Hubby not impressed!! Think he gets a bit jealous of my hot water bottle:rolleyes: but I can flip it around into whatever position suits me. Might be a bit more difficult to do that with him:biggrin:

My heating gets cracked up to about 23* and is on almost constantly when we're in the house. I still love a blanket over me when I watch telly.

Yesterday morning was absolutely freezing and today was on the chilly side too. We just seem to have gone straight from summer to winter :(

I eat soup for almost every meal, haha!

I have really thick socks and I love to blow the hairdryer into them before I put them on :o

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

The start of Winter in our house signals the usual battle over the house temperature. Anything over 18 degrees and my hubby huffs and puffs about living in a sauna, putting on extra layers etc. Thing is I wear more layers than he does and I'm still cold.

20 degrees is fine for me.

We have oil central heating and log burning stoves. Trouble is, if you make a fire, it makes the room far too hot and you end up opening the windows. Luckily, we have plenty of tree branches to chop for wood so at least it's not wasting money, just energy, which I do feel bad about. The cats love it though. Never seems to get too hot for them?

Drinking hot chocolate before bed signals the start of winter for us, and hubby not moaning that he's too hot when we snuggle up under our fleecy throw overs when were watching tv.

Cold feet!!!!!
I have 3 pairs of winter boots and can't find a pair that will keep my feet warm.
If anyone has a recommendation I'd love to hear from you. I am tempted by Emu or Ugg although I don't like them. I've read some dodgy reviews.

I've been secretly cranking up the thermostat for a while now as I hate being cold. I get told to put more clothes on, but when I put my Onesie on I get too hot.

My winter kit for the house is a winter duvet, an electric blanket that operates independently on each side of the bed, a big heavy bed throw that stays over the end of the bed, but is folded in such a way that you can grab it and pull it all the way up when you want it. Oh yeah, and I bought new curtains for the bedroom just so they wouldn't block the radiator in winter.

I have my heavy duty bed throw all year round waiting for me on the bottom of the bed! Such a good friend it is! Gives off more heat then my hubby&dog combined together :)

I must confess I also started secretly putting temperature up at home :/

Cold feet!!!!!
I have 3 pairs of winter boots and can't find a pair that will keep my feet warm.
If anyone has a recommendation I'd love to hear from you. I am tempted by Emu or Ugg although I don't like them. I've read some dodgy reviews.

Oh I love my Uggs. I got some with proper grippy bottoms and they did me proud when I took them to Germany one Christmas. Snug as a bug in an Ugg I was. :wink2:

Oh I love my Uggs. I got some with proper grippy bottoms and they did me proud when I took them to Germany one Christmas. Snug as a bug in an Ugg I was. :wink2:

Oh thanks! I've always thought they look sloppy and ugly but my feet need them obviously :)

From what I've seen it's the fake ones that do that. My Uggs still look brand new even though I've had them for a few years and to me they're worth every penny.

I think mine may be the Ugg Ultra's, I can't remember. Anyway, they are short, chocolate brown and have the heavy duty, grippy sole so great for snow. :)

I had Emu's before that and these are now my slippers. When I wear these with my Onesie we don't need the heating on!

Dressing gown and fluffy socks, I do that all year around anyways, heating straight on when I get home, gonna be a expensive gas bill this year

Onsie -check
dressing gown -check
heated blanket --check check! (i feel like a granny but i love this too much)
Fluffy slippers -check!

Hot chocolate and cream, and loadsa soup/ lemsip to warm me up! ;) xoxo

Winter? How do I start it?

With a sodding cold, last 3 days have got worse and i had to leave work early as i felt crappy (school kitchen)

But I've got 2 gelish clients tonight and tomorrow I've got 2 gelish and my first Brisa lite extensions :(

Roll on sunday....

Winter? How do I start it?

With a sodding cold, last 3 days have got worse and i had to leave work early as i felt crappy (school kitchen)

But I've got 2 gelish clients tonight and tomorrow I've got 2 gelish and my first Brisa lite extensions :(

Roll on sunday....

Oh noooo! This cold is pretty nasty! I've heard all the stories :/ good luck Hun x

Oh noooo! This cold is pretty nasty! I've heard all the stories :/ good luck Hun x

lol thanks, my extension lady cancelled for tomoroow shes got a chest infection, TBH i wasn't looking forward to 1.5 / 2 hrs of extensions (I'm new at it) :(

Haven't put heating on yet.......I'm blinkin' freezing!

Winter is on its way, because:

I haven't had a pedi for a while.
I haven't applied self-tan.
I have bought a deep plum-coloured lipstick.
I am wearing socks.
I've had the heater on in the car.
I am vying with my hubby over who has Elsie the Wonderdog sitting on their knee. (He has won, tonight. I am sulking.)
Football dominates.

I start wanting porridge for breakfast instead of fruit and yogurt,fleeces and walking boots come out and I put the heated blanket on my treatment couch.

Latest posts

Back