Winter-how do you start it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heatings on.
Went to tescos and bought myself some fleecy pj bottoms and some White slipper boots.
Blankets are everywhere in the house.
OH has started wearing his onsie's ......he has 5 lol.
Gazza (dog) has a new winter blanket for his newly built chaise longue lol.
Winter foods are being cooked,soup,stew,jacket spud with chilli.
Last but not least I have hairy legs and my Bridget jones big pants have come out :p.xxx

Heatings on.
Went to tescos and bought myself some fleecy pj bottoms and some White slipper boots.
Blankets are everywhere in the house.
OH has started wearing his onsie's ......he has 5 lol.
Gazza (dog) has a new winter blanket for his newly built chaise longue lol.
Winter foods are being cooked,soup,stew,jacket spud with chilli.
Last but not least I have hairy legs and my Bridget jones big pants have come out :p.xxx

Is Gazza your bull mastiff? I need to see his chaise longue... 😊 xx

Winter has started when:
My uggs & cardigans (& coats-im so bad at forgetting a coat, I think 'oh im only walking to my car' 😣) are out of my wardrobe.

Heating & candles on. My big dog walking coat with my hood up even when its not raining (hate cold ears!).

Hot baths...
Annual cold...
Cosy nights in watching x factor with a take away.
Heating on in my car- blowers directly facing my hands.
Not having to gel my toes as they are covered!
Buying winter boots.

Dark nights just wanting to be at home! Im mobile & dont mind late nights in summer, in winter I just dont think I should be out when its dark.

Im so jealous of anyone going on holiday any time soon 😊

Xx

Winter starts with me when my 5yro starts crying with muscle pain and sore fingers all the way to school..
For her its then scarf, gloves, extra layers and warm drinks with heated blanket at bedtime.
So yesterday then lol.

Winter starts for me when I have to finally put the flip flops away and put socks, trainers/pumps and hoodies on (today :( )
when winter truely arrives I'm digging out boots, coat, gloves and putting the hot water bottle in bed a good 20mins before I speedily strip off and dive in..lol.
Regardless of what season I can't sleep in bed wear, I feel too constricted.
I only have a thin duvet too..lol.
When it snows the heating goes on.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

For me its long lonely days and nights as my OH is a heating engineer and he always gets so busy. I also know as all I want to do is eat and sleep!!!constantly!

I have crocs boots, they are just divine, comfort and warmth combined, I also have a pair of fur lined crocs, most of my summer shoes were put in the wardrobe yesterday and out came the winter crocs.
The hot water bottle came out 2 days ago, with hubby asking if I could fill his up last night ;-)
No throw on the bed yet tho. Tassimo order of hot chocolate has arrived, Yay ;-)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Uggs for me. Real ones though.

Fake ones sag and they are vile after about one use.

I wore my uggs last week to my son's footy match, new tall chestnut ones and forgot to spray them so they had big dark brown toes when I got in. Pain in the bum having to clean them so learn from my mistake and spray them before they go out in the rain or damp!! Odd though as my other ones have never done it.

My heating goes up to 27, and we have the coal fire in the front room on in the evening. Big winter coats, scarfs and gloves. Winter stews.

I love autumn/winter and the dark mornings/evenings.

Laura x

The weather turned and I went straight from loving bright colours and having Tropix on my nails at every opportunity to loving dark colours, eyeing up cosy knits and out came the dark purple polishes! The foods got to be the best bit, jacket potatoes and hot chocolates :) love winter x

I got my thermal vests out too ! :D

Electric blanket on the bed :) plus a normal knitted blankie ontop of my 14 tog duvet lol. Uggs and coats most of the year anyway cause I freeze easily (very poor circulation) jeans and thick socks x

I start wearing dark nails. Pale skin & foundation instead of a light tan & tinted moisturiser. More make up in general. Socks in bed. Eating pomegranates. Making soup. Gravy dinners. Going to bed early. Arguing with other half about having the heating on. Digging out thick black tights, cardis & boots to wear with skirts & little dresses instead of flip flops. Not shaving legs or pits for weeks on end. That pretty much signifies winter has begun for me.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

MissyMuffin - Curling Boots by Bally for cold feet! I worked with a lady from Germany who had poor circulation and cold feet and she got the boots from Sweden and they did the trick.

Cosy feet throughout the winter! :)

I wore yesterday my fake uggs (can't afford the real ones :/) and really considered a hat for a walk with my dog! :/

MissyMuffin - Curling Boots by Bally for cold feet! I worked with a lady from Germany who had poor circulation and cold feet and she got the boots from Sweden and they did the trick.

Cosy feet throughout the winter! :)

Ooh thanks I will google that.
Football watching this afternoon and my feet were frozen in my Rocket Dog boots. It's only October!

Hat & scarf definitely. What really does it for me is having to leave my horses rug on so she's nice and toasty, and her coat getting thicker! Oh and my dog who is a sun worshipper comes inside because it's too cold haha, she loves to sunbathe

Last edited:
Cheiselongue Gazzas ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1381693062.591389.jpg x

Winter boots, if you want some real sheepskin at a great price try tk maxx got bear paw real sheepskin ones for 35 pounds! Also have a pair of love from Australia ones (shop online-nature shop, they do emu LFA and bear paws) my heated electric throw while watching X factor. I have gelish Bella's vampire on my nails. I still tan as I'm so pale, st tropez is my friend all year round. Options or hi lights hot chocolate sachets. Thinking and making Christmas lists of what to buy everyone. Log burner on. General winter celebrations, Halloween and bonfire night. The smell of chimney smoke when you are walking home. Fear of catching winter colds and washing my hands constantly. Blistex lip treatment is the only thing that keeps my lips from being sore. Also I like the fact that going out clothes for winter are smarter and more classy. X

When my hunter wellies with thermal lining are worn when walking the dog! They are amazing! I only need to wear thin socks and they are like a feet warmer!! Wish I could buy this lining in normal boots because at the minute I want to live out of my wellies!!

I saw Bear Paw boots in TK Maxx. Didn't know whether to trust then or not, I've already got 3 pairs that don't keep me warm :(

Latest posts

Back