Women are 'most beautiful at 31'

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Hat

Reaction score
The latest research claims that women reach the peak of beauty, not in their teens or twenties but at the age of 31.

The study, carried out by television channel QVC to mark the launch of its Beauty Month, dispels the myth that women hit their most attractive stage in the bloom of youth. Instead, it insists women are in their 'prime' slightly later in life. It's good news for actors Jennifer Love-Hewitt and Katie Holmes (pictured), both currently 31, who are considered at the height of their beauty powers.

In the survey of 2,000 men and women, it revealed personality was key to defining how beautiful a woman was perceived. Confidence was the biggest factor, with 70% claiming it made a difference. At 67% good looks came second and style third at 47%.

‘This research shows what many have always suspected – real beauty is about more than just good looks but a combination of confidence, style and personality too,’ said Sue Leeson at QVC.

Attachments

• Unknown.jpeg
    Unknown.jpeg
    2.8 KB · Views: 427
CRAP!!!! Wish somebody had told me that 20 years ago!!!!:)

I think I was pretty damn hot at 31!! Wish I had appreciated it a bit more at the time.

I got married at just the right time then - I was 31 when Sonia and I got married nearly 5 years ago now :)

Roll on December !!!

I would guess that at 22 myself, there are a lot of underconfident 20somethings and I've always thought that the confidence that comes with age and experience is very beautiful. I think the same can be said for life experience and having lots to say for yourself too.

Good stuff :)

some women are beautiful no matter what age they are but i would say a woman hits her peak mid 30s, shes built up her confidence found her own style, and has some life experiance,
my son who is 19 is mad for women in there 30s and even early 40s the girls his age do not interest him in the least bit, :lol:

I just turned 30, i was very scared about this age, but now i can honestly say i never felt better or more atractive. I think it's a confidence thing...

30! happy days! :)

Well guys I'm 31
Whoop whoop!!

Sssshhh don't tell anyone though most peeps think I'm in the early 20s.

Whoop whoop again
(Dust my shoulders off)

WOW, really! Well I've always been a late developer so being in my 50's means I must be 20 years behind iykwim :wink2:

WOW, really! Well I've always been a late developer so being in my 50's means I must be 20 years behind iykwim :wink2:

So the pic in your avatar was taken at least 20 years ago then?

So the pic in your avatar was taken at least 20 years ago then?

Oh yes, see what you mean, thought I was being witty lol, must be having a blonde day.......

Oh yes, see what you mean, thought I was being witty lol, must be having a blonde day.......

No, I was meaning that if that was a recent pic in your avatar, then you're looking *loads* younger than being in your 50s :)

No, I was meaning that if that was a recent pic in your avatar, then you're looking *loads* younger than being in your 50s :)

Oh bless you Ruth, this was taken last year I was 51, I'm 52 in August

No way are you near 52 Taggy - I would have put you at early 4's so you look smokin hunny :D

I am 30 and would definitely agree that at this age I feel more confident and stuff about my body, my looks etc I no longer worry about how other people perceive me but find happiness in how I see myself ( and of course having a loving hubby helps a lot :)) xxx

No way are you near 52 Taggy - I would have put you at early 4's so you look smokin hunny :D

I am 30 and would definitely agree that at this age I feel more confident and stuff about my body, my looks etc I no longer worry about how other people perceive me but find happiness in how I see myself ( and of course having a loving hubby helps a lot :)) xxx

Brittone, smokin lol, it just happens to be a good photo, taken at a wedding, so had best make-up on so thank you.

Most days I look and feel over 50. To be honest I felt best in my early 40s not 31 (as this report claims). I was run ragged with my kiddies and felt exhausted most of the time. My confidence has grown with age and like you say, feel that I no longer worry how others perceive me. I am just me. Second that, having a loving hubby, just celebrated 28 years of marriage.

Congrats on your anniversary hunny - hubby and I have just had our 10th anniversary :D xxx

Most beautiful at 31? Damn it! Missed it by 19 years. Anyone have a time machine?

My hubby and I will celebrate 30 years in September...longer than most of you young 'uns have been alive. LOL

WOOO!

I am in the 31 crew too... bring on the beautifulness ! :D

Latest posts

Back