Womens Committee Demonstration

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Enhanced-Barbie

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Well my Nana is a very active member of the community, and she mentioned to her fellow committee members that I do nails, and one of them piped up and asked if I would do a demonstration for them.

I told my Nana that I wouldn't feel confident doing it right now, and that I would rather wait for a while and get my confidence up a bit first, and she said thats fine and just let her know when I want to do it.

So I would like to start aiming towards doing it, because it could mean getting my name out there. But I am wondering what kind of things you would do at a demonstration like this?

:lol: This is such a coincidence as my accountant has suggested something similar to me. My plan would probably be, on only one of the ladies, to start with a manciure and do a little nail art on the wine finger. Before you do the demo sort out some kind of offer so that if they book an appointment with you before the end of the night they "get something" iykwim.

:lol: This is such a coincidence as my accountant has suggested something similar to me. My plan would probably be, on only one of the ladies, to start with a manciure and do a little nail art on the wine finger. Before you do the demo sort out some kind of offer so that if they book an appointment with you before the end of the night they "get something" iykwim.

pmsl its a bit early for the old wine finger isnt it lol :lol::lol:

I used to do dozens of these demonstrations when I started in business ... remembering that most women hadn't ever heard of nail enhancement at that time.

I certainly did not do any manicures or nail art .. I was trying to sell nail enhancement services .. women knew all about manicures!

I would always start by getting the tricky questions out of the way FIRST so we could move on. The last thing anyone wants at a demo is to first impress everyone and then have someone pipe up ... "Well I had my nails done and it ruined my nails." My first question was, " Has anyone here had their nail done before"? Hands went up. "How many of you felt then or feel now that having your nails done damaged your nails"? ALWAYS a hand or 2 goes up. Then I would explain that damage doesn't have to be a part of having their nails done. That the most important thing is to go to a technician who is recommended and who has the health of the natural nails foremost in her service. Just as you would do if you were searching for a good hairdresser.

Then I would show them how to do a beautiful nail without any damage. I would use a member of the audience and do one nail and then on to others who wanted a demo. I did natural and a pretty length .. nothing extreme at all .. they were impressed.

The bookings rolled in girls .. the bookings rolled in. I always told them that I would remove the enhancement for free if they just gave me a call.

These demos are one of the most powerful ways to get OUR point across to those who don't understand or who have heard horror stories. Prove to them that wearing nail enhancements doesn't have to cause damage and your business will grow and grow.

This is probably why I'm floundering getting started.

I used to do dozens of these demonstrations when I started in business ... remembering that most women hadn't ever heard of nail enhancement at that time.

I certainly did not do any manicures or nail art .. I was trying to sell nail enhancement services .. women knew all about manicures!

I would always start by getting the tricky questions out of the way FIRST so we could move on. The last thing anyone wants at a demo is to first impress everyone and then have someone pipe up ... "Well I had my nails done and it ruined my nails." My first question was, " Has anyone here had their nail done before"? Hands went up. "How many of you felt then or feel now that having your nails done damaged your nails"? ALWAYS a hand or 2 goes up. Then I would explain that damage doesn't have to be a part of having their nails done. That the most important thing is to go to a technician who is recommended and who has the health of the natural nails foremost in her service. Just as you would do if you were searching for a good hairdresser.

Then I would show them how to do a beautiful nail without any damage. I would use a member of the audience and do one nail and then on to others who wanted a demo. I did natural and a pretty length .. nothing extreme at all .. they were impressed.

The bookings rolled in girls .. the bookings rolled in. I always told them that I would remove the enhancement for free if they just gave me a call.

These demos are one of the most powerful ways to get OUR point across to those who don't understand or who have heard horror stories. Prove to them that wearing nail enhancements doesn't have to cause damage and your business will grow and grow.

I like this idea, how long would a demo last, for a day or an evening thing? Did you have a time limit?
Did you do them in Salon or elsewhere. My accountant suggested doing it in hosts home type thing(well the manicure thing that is).

Last edited:

wow I wish I had the confidence to do that and speak in front of an audience like that! I can see how easily you could win people over doing demonstrations.

I guess another option might be to organise a treatment evening...giving low cost treatments/tasters to attract new clients but without having to stand in front of an audience dying lolx

Same here, I would totally LOVE to think I could do that....
I can picture myself doing it, but know I would be like a big jelly bowl throwing up outside before hand lol....

It really does sound like a fantastic idea though...

And once they have one nice new shiny nail...I bet they go home stroke it lovingly, admire it, and by next morning (if not sooner) want the rest to match asap !
You just couldn't NOT want them doing could you

wow I wish I had the confidence to do that and speak in front of an audience like that! I can see how easily you could win people over doing demonstrations.

I guess another option might be to organise a treatment evening...giving low cost treatments/tasters to attract new clients but without having to stand in front of an audience dying lolx

My little talk would last about 15 minutes or so including questions. My demo would take 10 minutes and then the Ladies cued up to have a nail done.

Appointment book at the ready always. But the phone would ring over the next 2-3 days like crazy.

To this day .. one of the ladies that I first talked to who was very anti, because she felt enhancements had damaged her nails, is still a client 20 years later ... so I guess I did a good job convincing her! She has seen the proof.

Last edited:
I'm no good talking infront of groups of people either, so what I could do to, start with, is have friend invite say 6 of her friends/coworkers to a demo evening in the salon.

I'm no good talking infront of groups of people either, so what I could do to, start with, is have friend invite say 6 of her friends/coworkers to a demo evening in the salon.

I didn't start out being good at it. I learned through doing it. I was terrified the first time and the second but not by the third. :lol: Blimey if you want to get ahead you have to step up to the plate and out of your comfort zone.

I didn't start out being good at it. I learned through doing it. I was terrified the first time and the second but not by the third. :lol: Blimey if you want to get ahead you have to step up to the plate and out of your comfort zone.

:o yes this is my problem, leaving my comfort zone. When I first started I didn't need to step out of that area because I was in a salon and clients were booked in for me, when I left most followed me. So I never had to try and build a client base from scratch. But you have given me some ideas to help over come that and start getting a client base. Thank you.

Good points.....(again lol)

Y'know I always think of myself as A bit of a quitter..a failure...always giving up never getting anywhere....UNTILL ...
Yesterday the chemist lady here was talking about me giving up smoking again... basicly we had a long convo, and in it, I mentioned I failed my driving test 6 times...
She asked was I driving now or did I give up after the 6th..
I replied 'ooo yes I took a break then did it again and passed on the 7th test'
She said to me... 'oooooo blimey well one things for sure... you don't give up do you... you get what you want in the end'

and I thought you know what.... she is bloomin right !!!!!!

So My way of thinking about myself and my own abilities changed.....
I CAN do things and I am going to....

Anyway back to my point lol..... Last year we had a newsletter home from our school, and in it they mentioned a possible wednesday coffee morning.. a chance for the mums to get together for a brew, and the possiblilty of events such as manicures hair dressers etc coming in....
Well I haven't heard anymore about it...at the time I thought oooo I could offer myself up for manicures etc.....then chickened out...
BUT.....I think I might just go in next week and bring it up to them....
I am feeling ready.... the world won't come to me I have to open my mouth and make them know I am here
~~emms waves wooooo world here I am...come get me~~

Thankyou for this thread....
Now DON'T let me chicken out and convienently forget about this :lol:

(sorry for poor spelling, need to install spellcheck again xx)

Latest posts

Back