Words/sayings that get on your nerves!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't mind honey, I quite like it, but Hun? Or hunnie? What do they mean, surely hon, or honey, not Hun or hunnie??
I love babe/ babes : )

Suited types using management jargon makes me want to cringe. You can stick your blue sky thinking where the sun doesn't shine.

Suited types using management jargon makes me want to cringe. You can stick your blue sky thinking where the sun doesn't shine.

My partners boss does this but she gets her phrases wrong eg. Instead of "you cant have carte Blanche" she said "you can't have car blanket" at an important managerial meeting!

"Orite hen". Cringe!!!

"It's all good" - grrr.

people who say "sangwidge" instead of sandwich (west coast of scotland thing!) and people who write "much?" under selling pictures/pictures of hair/nails on facebook! Just write the full sentence it does't take long you idiots!!! AAAAARGH!!

"There's a good girl"

"Ya get me"
"What ya sayin"
"Feds"
"You chat breeze like an air vent"

These are all from my younger sister, I think I will need a translater soon x

clients that say dont ask, when you ask how there weeks been.then spend an hour telling you every last detail,lol.:rolleyes:
my iritating saying is...oh i had to laugh before telling a story that has happened.

people who say "sangwidge" instead of sandwich (west coast of scotland thing!) and people who write "much?" under selling pictures/pictures of hair/nails on facebook! Just write the full sentence it does't take long you idiots!!! AAAAARGH!!

Oops I've just said sandwich outloud and i say sangwidge and don't even realise!

Vicki :) xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I dislike it when elderly clients say see you next week...all been well.
as if they might not be alive. and say it every single week

That has really made me LOL!!

Reminds me of my nan who at the end of every sentence likes to indignantly say "I am 94 you know" (I doubt there's anyone within a 100 mile radius of her who doesn't know!)
hahaha

"I'd DO her"
Yuck yuck yuck!!

My partners boss does this but she gets her phrases wrong eg. Instead of "you cant have carte Blanche" she said "you can't have car blanket" at an important managerial meeting!

One of my staff is terrible for this, we have a BS jar instead of a swear jar but it's v entertaining when he gets it wrong; last week he told someone people in greenhouses shouldn't throw stones, I nearly fell off my chair laughing!

One of my staff is terrible for this, we have a BS jar instead of a swear jar but it's v entertaining when he gets it wrong; last week he told someone people in greenhouses shouldn't throw stones, I nearly fell off my chair laughing!

"Stuck between a rock and hardcore"
"Your driving me round the pole"and instead of "amalgamate" she said "amonaloid!!

Probably not a good idea to get me started!
I hate it when people say "I was sat in the salon" when it should be sitting
I hate it when people say due to instead of owing to.
I wonder why people write "didn't want to read and run". Er, if you did nobody would know...
If anyone called me Hun to my face I'm not sure I could be held responsible for my actions.

Probably not a good idea to get me started!
I hate it when people say "I was sat in the salon" when it should be sitting
I hate it when people say due to instead of owing to.
I wonder why people write "didn't want to read and run". Er, if you did nobody would know...
If anyone called me Hun to my face I'm not sure I could be held responsible for my actions.

Sorry Hun, I didn't want to read and run, but due to your post, which I read when I was sat in the salon, I couldn't help my actions..now be a good girl and remember there is no I in team and we all need to amalgamate our up management due to our increase productivity"

Chimley! Or chimunee! Its chimney.
Or my oh when he says pacifically instead of specifically xoxo

I instantly switch off with people like this, I can't bear how fake and patronising it makes them sound as they try to sound clever. Eugh! :smack: :D

Argh someone has just reminded me of two more - 'So I 'aksed' him if he could 'borrow it' me'...No no, you asked him if he could lend it to you!!

Latest posts

Back