Words/sayings that get on your nerves!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love the word oxter. Keech not so much :-D

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek
oh no! my brother used to say 'och em up ti me oxters in keech' just to annoy me xxx

The word "moist" :-(

oh no! my brother used to say 'och em up ti me oxters in keech' just to annoy me xxx
translation for non Scots - oh dear, i seem to be up to my armpits in poo

I hate the word "sick" when referring to something good.

Since when has sick or being sick ever been good.

will you itch my back?
this angers me :-[

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Cool..... Have very annoying work person who says this after everything! Grates on the nerves after hearing it 20 times a day!

Also I'm not racist but......

I hate the word "sick" when referring to something good.

Since when has sick or being sick ever been good.

Angelina's daughter describes things as "creepy sick"!

That's ticking all my boxes! :evil:

:lol: I say hun alot. Kinda stuck to me when I was livin in the south.

Derogatory words for a ladies parts. Especially if my Nick uses them. It makes me want to leave him of he used the P---- word or FL----. Told him, if he does it he loses gentleman's privileges

Derogatory words for a ladies parts. Especially if my Nick uses them. It makes me want to leave him of he used the P---- word or FL----. Told him, if he does it he loses gentleman's privileges

someone i know calls it her fudge,lol.xx

What I hate is 'talk to the hand'..... seriously Im not 5. :lol:

or Can I ask you a question? .... Eh you just have lol..

Mate, mate!
Really?!
Nooooooo way!!!
These I use daily and subconsciously piss myself off!!

i know this isn't a saying but....the most cringey thing i've said to someone,as i wanted to look at their hair cut and see what angles had been used to create it.
can i touch your hair...:eek::eek::eek: lol, the expression on her face was priceless, i am a hairdresser by the way... not a groper.

OH ... MY ... GOD!! :eek:

An Australian/American term....Spunky! When a girl I worked with said to a 5 yr old he had alot of spunk! I fell to the floor sliding down the wall as his mother had to pick her vaneer filled cake hole off the floor! X

As already mentioned I can't stand it when 'borrow' and 'lend' are mixed up 'will you borrow me a pencil?'

Also struggle with 'basically' and when I say something to my daughter and she says 'rude' and puts her hand up. Mind you, I'll just start doing that back to her and it'll soon become uncool.

Also dislike reading websites, adverts etc with two, too and too / your, you're / they're, their and there mixed up. Get a proof reader!!

Right back atcha!

Oh ... Lol ... People who say 'sculptured nails' when correctly the word is SCULPTED nails. A sculpture is a noun and the verb is to sculpt ... Therefore nails are sculpted nails. Drives me insane! Lol. So. .......... You can all start saying it the right way now. :smack:

People referring to them self in the third person. "Are you coming to town with Tomme tonight?" Grr!

And agree with blue, I still have a giggle when my American friends say spunk or spunky. If they comment with something like "my friend is so full of spunk" on Facebook I can't help but comment dirty bi**ch.
They just don't get it.

Another one i just thought about is "owww, maay, gawd" just say omg or oh my god!

One that I remember now and again is "blast your eyes", it was said by the vile old woman next door to my mum the day my gran died because our dog barked the night before at 20 past 2 in the morning (definetly have a bond, that was when her breathing went shallow and we knew it was coming). Nasty I know, but I'm glad she died of a heart attack and not nice and naturally in her bed, maybe karma?

Money being called chaching, wonga, quid or anything that isn't really money, call it money or say the actual amount followed by pound (dollar, or whatever currency you need). Not over the top enough to say pound sterling though haha. Xoxo

Right back atcha!

Oh ... Lol ... People who say 'sculptured nails' when correctly the word is SCULPTED nails. A sculpture is a noun and the verb is to sculpt ... Therefore nails are sculpted nails. Drives me insane! Lol. So. .......... You can all start saying it the right way now. :smack:

Can you make me a sculpture nail in the shape of David please, then you can sculpture it to the rest of my nail too.... Maybe I will have it on my big toe. Xoxo

Back