Working whilst growing my hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zeroprojection

Reaction score
Hi guys hope were all doing well. My problem this week is I've been growing my hair out for the past 5 months and its going pretty well. Gone from an open blade back and sides to covering my ears now. Only thing is its now starting to get really untidy and I think I'm giving the wrong impression to clients. Any styling advice to make me look a little tidier at work. I've tried having it slicked down, partings, curly etc. Thanks guys

BTW im still growing it, going for about shoulder length

I know it may sound mad, but have it cut, asymmetric styles are great for growing out shorter styles as its meant to be "odd" an you can do some crazy looks, I actually cut one side of shoulder blade length hair to about 1/2 an inch on one side and had it blended through to the length on the other side, am growing it out now but it still looks great with 1 side just below ear and the other shoulder length xoxo

that doesnt sound like a bad idea. the girls at work have been saying get it cut, get it cut. but no suggestions on how. I know what people say about get it cut it will grow better, but my hair is in good condition. Problem ive got is i had a very short back & sides with length kept on top so now ive got like 8 inches of hair on the top and about 2 on the sides

I know how you feel, I had my hair cut super short pixie style but one side bob style one side close to shaved. Not sure what it is called. Now one side is now down by my jaw and one Side Is about 1cm past the bottom of my ear.

I am waiting till it grows a bit longer to be cut back into a bob but it is so untidy at the minute, I hate it. I puff it up at the top and then grip it all back and that seem to work for me. X

Ive been through this, its horrible feeling so scruffy.
I had success with putting what little bit of hair i had up and attatching a little hairpiece and making an updo. Strategically placed hair decorations helped join it all up naturally.

If you have a parting, choose the side with the least long hair and match it to the sides allong the hairline, then pull all the rest around to meet this point until its not possible to get any more around, if you wanted to blend in the short "undercut" for want of a better word, colour the short hair so it's sort of sweeping around and gradually being hidden with te longer hair. Xoxo

Pmsl just google mapped the area ur profile says ur from and I thought it was down the road from me until I noticed the heating and plumbing bit added on. My explanation may be confusing, but if u was close enough id have arranged to do it xoxo

thanks for the advice everyone, i maybe shouldve made it clearer but im a bloke lol. So maybe an updo or hairpiece wouldnt be suitable lol.
Thanks Tomme but i think wrexham is a bit far haha.
I've been trying a few things like headbands, slicking it back etc but all look a bit odd. just going to have to deal with it for a while longer haha, I'm determined!

thanks for the advice everyone, i maybe shouldve made it clearer but im a bloke lol. So maybe an updo or hairpiece wouldnt be suitable lol.
Thanks Tomme but i think wrexham is a bit far haha.
I've been trying a few things like headbands, slicking it back etc but all look a bit odd. just going to have to deal with it for a while longer haha, I'm determined!

Hahaha- i didn't even look at your pic when I replied :)

Lol I learned to look for male female when doin things like that, xoxo

Latest posts

Back