World Championship in Austria

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Geek

Grand Master Geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score

Just back from Austria where I was one of the judges for the European Championships and International Championships.

It was a fantastic day - a competition unlike any other, in fact - other competitions could learn a thing or ten from how this one is put together. Whats so different?

• Each category is 0 or 1 point (its perfect - or not!)
  • Each judge (7 for the European and International division) has 1 core area they mark
  • Each competitor judges each others work
  • There is Internet judging by public and a private panel
  • The length and shape are set in stone. Essentially, you HAVE to achieve the look they specify, otherwise you lose points.
  • The largest bag of dosh for the winners that I have ever seen in this industry! First place for international was €10,000!
It is a fresh and exciting way to run a competition.
Big thanks to everyone who took care of me (Sean and Jackie from Caesars Secrets who also won Distributor of the year), big thanks to my fellow judges (some of the best I have worked with) and finally a big thanks to the UK lot that kept me laughing the entire time (Karen, Charlie, Jill, Jeff, Chantal, Ian and Julie) - You guys were a blast.

European winners:

1- Gabriele Kainz
2- Zsuzsanna Fekete Kaszné
3- Antony Buckley

International Division:

1- Alisha Rimondo
2- Gabriele Kainz
3- Zsuzsanna Fekete Kaszné

Big congratulations to all. More details can be checked out over at www.world-nail-championship.com

nJoy

Hope you had fun Sam.
Loved looking round the site what fantastic nails they all did, God knows how you managed to judge them Sam must have been hard work :wink2:

Wow! Interesting set of judging rules!

I\d love to see how it actually works. The only comment I'd make is that I think there would be a whole load of competitors who would score 0! This could be a bit tough and the only way to work their way up is maybe getting '1' next time. Presumably there is room for comments, feedback etc?

secret rainbow said:
Big thanks to everyone who took care of me (Sean and Jackie from Caesars Secrets who also won Distributor of the year), big thanks to my fellow judges (some of the best I have worked with) and finally a big thanks to the UK lot that kept me laughing the entire time (Karen, Charlie, Jill, Jeff, Chantal, Ian and Julie) - You guys were a blast.

You were a good sport too!! I really enjoyed myself and it was an education. They showed us how it should be done. I hope to go again next year. Im still buzzing from the trip. The photos (censored!!) should be on cesars site within the next few days. I handed mine over today.

GMG you were quite funny yourself...got some rhythm there in them Grand Master FEET!!!

Georgie

:D GMG There is only one thing I can Say "Eidelweiss beer"

We tried to bring some back for you, But we were told
:( "IT IS NOT POSSIBLE" :(

Think that the rhythm stemmed from the afore mentioned beer that tasted similarly close to an old sock that had been peeled from the wall of an old gym locker. Not possible! :lol:

Good Luck In Japan!

Latest posts

Back