Nailympics London 2006 Results

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Geek

Grand Master Geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
This year's event, held for the second year, was an incredible success and
enticed enough competitors to fill 215 competition seats. It also attracted
20 different nations to congregate at Olympia and show what they were made of. This included new nations to the UK such as Iceland, Finland, Singapore and a massive contingent from Korea and Russia. This was fantastic as it showed that the Nailympics has embedded itself on the European competition circuit as the place to be in the Spring!

The judges for 2006 who were Su Marsh, Lysa Comfort, Jai Harvey-Yin, Jacqui Jefford, MI Won Kim, Daniel Schaefer, Eva Matyas, Marian Newman and Leighton Denny

L&P Sculpt

Division one

1. Christina Gonzales -USA - 70.5
  2. Sook Hee, Bea – Korea - 64
  3. Do Soon, Bok - Korea - 62.5
Division two

1. Yoon Sun-Me - Korea - 86
  2. Georgie Smedley - UK - 84
  3. Stefanie LoRe - Germany -77.5
Division three Masters

1. Seo Sang Mi - Korea - 88
  2. Trang Nyugen - USA - 83.5
  3. Tomoko Gaman - Japan - 77.5
Fantasy

Division one

1. Patricia Wong Roo Wee - Singapore - 88
  2. Lisa Stevens - UK -70
  3. Treena Cottrell - UK - 64
Division two
  1. Tamara Bhagoe - Holland - 97
  2. Eun-Kyoun, Song - Korea - 95
  3. Sofia Petrova - Russia - 92
Division three Masters

1. Olga Erochina - Russia - 95
  2. John Hauk - USA - 76
L&P Tip and Overlay

Division one

1. Kim Won Hee - Korea - 82.5
  2. Christina Gonzales - USA - 76.5
  3. Sylvia Mink - Austria - 69
Division two

1. Nam Kung Soo - Korea - 85.5
  2. Choi Sun Mi - Korea - 85
  3. Yoon Sun Mi - Korea - 84
Division three Masters

1. Seo Sang Mi - Korea - 92.5
  2. Bak Young Suk - Korea - 86.5
  3. Trang Nguyen - USA - 84
Wraps

Division one

1. Choi Jin Sun - Korea - 68
  2. Kim Hye Jung - Korea - 67
  3. Kim Song Mi - Korea - 56
Division two

1. Mira Song - USA - 81.5
  2. Nam Kung Soo – Korea - 80
  3. Lien Thi Dang - UK - 71.5
Division Three

1. Trang Nguyen - USA - 83.5
  2. Karen Strom - Sweden - 79
  3. John Hauk - USA - 78
Mixed Media

Division one

1. Kang Eun Ae - Korea - 91
  2. Christina Gonzales - USA 81
  3. Rosa Guarini- Italy - 56
Division two

1. Jang In Ee - Korea - 95
  2. Hwang Hee Jung - Korea - 95
  3. Choi Sun Mi - Korea - 93.5
Division three Masters

1. Olga Erochina - Russia - 87.5
  2. Yoon Kyoung Eun - Korea - 77.5
  3. Sung Si Nae - Korea - 75.5
Gel

Division one

1. Sun Lim Kim - Korea -76
  2. Kim Mi Ran - Korea - 65.5
  3. Alessandra Pellegrini - Italy - 59.5
Division two

1. Park Eun Sun - Korea - 72.5
  2. Stefanie LoRe - Germany - 72.5
  3. Mira Song - USA - 68.5
Division three Masters

1. Karen Strom - Sweden - 77
  2. John Hauk - USA - 73.5
  3. Gabrielle Kainz - Austria - 69.5
Winner of Winners

Division one - Christina Gonzales - USA
Division two - Stephanie LoRe - Germany
Division three Master - Seo Sang Mi - Korea

Stats
  • 20 nations represented
  • 215 competition seats taken
  • 3 disqualifications

Congrats to all who are on and off this list.

Some Pics:

Wrap Masters

L&P Masters

Gel Masters

Gel Winners all divisions

Thanks Sam for posting the results so quickly.... how the heck did you manage to pronounce those names so well ..... A huge well done to all... it was a brill weekend......and maybe next year we will see a few more UK names up there on the board of fame and even better if they are all geeks too.....will make reading out the names a tad easier for you....

wow, i cant believe how many people flew in from other nations, it really shows what an important event it is.

interested in the stats too, why would people have been disqualified ?:confused:

angel fingers said:
why would people have been disqualified ?:confused:

I looked at that too and I am dying to know what the three of them were disqualified for - totally nosey I am.

Wow Korea did really well. Would like to see some of the work but I guess I'll have to wait for one of the mags to come through the door.

Good on the koreans, they blitzed didnt they!! I would also like to know what the grounds of disqualification are.
xxx:green:

*Glynis* said:
I looked at that too and I am dying to know what the three of them were disqualified for - totally nosey I am.

I'm guessing (and I don't know) it was possibly people still working on their models after time was called, I know that was one of the main things the floor judges were saying you could get disqualified for.

yey!!! well done everybody, good to see a few Brits in there also (not that i ever doubted you)!!!

elfprincessem said:
yey!!! well done everybody, good to see a few Brits in there also (not that i ever doubted you)!!!

We need more brits there ..... c'mon england:hug:

Quick note to say that I have been informed that due to a technical error, the wrong Division 1 Winner of Winners was credited. The actual Division 1 winner of winners is Christina Gonzales.

Congrats!

I have updated the first post and added a couple pics

Thanks for posting that. I got an email last night from Christina saying that they had corrected the error! I am so happy for her. It was only her 2nd competition and she did a great job!!!:)

She did a great job. Bummer how these things get mixed up on the day - no one wins when that happens :)

Hi

In this instance the disqualifications were for contestants that carried on sculpting after time was up - and were noticed and asked more than once to stop.

The disqualifications were implemendted by Dianne D'Agnolo of the Nailympics commitee who is always on the floor

It is a terrible shame when this happens.

Alex Fox

Firstly, a big congrats to all the winners. It was a very active and interesting event. And i think a special thanks should go out to Alex of Scratch and all the judges who have a big responsibility to evaluate fairly . . and last but not least . . good ol sam who made this website possible for others to get the info . . especially people like me who are now back in Cyprus.

Great work guys ..
andrew
Creative Academy Cyprus

:hug: :wink2: :cool:

I never heard of the Nailympics. How do I get information for next year. I also know that Japan has a nail show. How do I get information for that? Do I have to be a nail tech or own a salon for me to attend any of these nail shows.

Crazy About Nails Customer

MD

Latest posts

Back