worried about nothing?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miss amy

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am in the process of setting up a salon atm and have had to leave the salon where i was working as my employer found out i was planning on going self employed. Obviously i cant contact any clients so how can i let people know where i am without getting myself in to trouble with anyone? I am worried that as clients only know me by the name amy if i advertise in papers etc that no one will know its me. How did you guys cope leaving salons etc?
Also i wondered if anyone knew where i stood re my wages, i am owed wages but i still havent recieved them. I dont know what i can do as i was asked to leave?!
I would appreciate it if you could take a look at my website too and give me a little feedback.
Thankyou for your help.
Amy

If your clients want to find you they will. I would concentrate on building a new client base rather than trying to take the old one from the other salon, not sure on the ethics of this, although I am sure you have thought about this yourself :hug: The website looks really nice. I only took a quick glance but would say that I would be a bit put off by prices that say "from £*" without saying "to £*" as I would have no idea what the top price I could be paying is! x

If your clients want to find you they will. I would concentrate on building a new client base rather than trying to take the old one from the other salon, not sure on the ethics of this, although I am sure you have thought about this yourself :hug: The website looks really nice. I only took a quick glance but would say that I would be a bit put off by prices that say "from £*" without saying "to £*" as I would have no idea what the top price I could be paying is! x

yes thats what i was thinking, its just so frustrating as i was the busiest in the salon most of the time and i dont want my clients to think i have deserted them :cry:
thanks for your response x

Yeah you dont want to go out of your way to get your old clients to come to your new place, just build a new client base, it may take some time, but it will be worth it in the end. On to pastures new and all that!

p.s Steven Gerrard I so would!! Oh yes!! mmm mmmm xxx

Don't worry you will be busy again, word of mouth is the best advertisement :) It's difficult about the clients that were regulars. Do you have a local website where you could place a small advert or even leave a message in a chat forum? they may see it there. You may even bump into some of them in the street and get chatting about what you are doing. I think the ethical thing even if you had their numbers would have been to tell anyone you have left and what you are doing and leave it to them to ask for your details. I wouldn't mention any problems with the old place to be professional as they may say things about you but you can have the moral high ground by not slagging them off (not that I think you would but it's just a natural impulse!). x

thanks guys x really nice just to get that bit of reassurance of people :hug: stevie g, lamps, joe cole i aint fussy but stevie is my ultimate sexy man...yummy xx

If you have a local paper you can always advertise and make sure you include your name. People should twig that the Amy who was doing their nails and now left is likely to be the Amy advertising a new nail business. You can let them know without mentioning your previous salon.

Word will get around and your clients will find you.

With regards to your wages. I would write a pleasant letter straight away to your previous employer, stating how much you are owed and asking for a cheque payable to ..... be sent by return of post ( you could even put an addressed envelope in).

If you don't get your cheque within ten days of posting a letter, then I would write a follow up letter giving her a week to settle up or you will take the matter further. She doenst have any business witholding the money that you worked for.

put an advert in the local paper with your photo,
saying about your new business
and state that you welcome old and new clients

that should do the trick
good luck x

Get the local paper to do an article on you with a photo.

I was involved in something like this a few years ago as an employer and it got nasty ( from her not me ) anyway i was advised by a lawyer that it is not illegal to name previous places of employment, just not nice! Nothing to stop you mentioning the area though... Also you cannot actively harm the business by touting for clients ie: giving them your price list or phone number as they leave, or copying from client record cards. But now you have left you are now officially competition ad whet you do is up to you.

I agree most loyal clients will find you soon enough. The citizens advise can tell you about wages etc, failing that a small claims court action. Good luck.

I think that you should concentrate 0n starting your salon and building a new client base. Word will get out where you've gone to and if they want to find you, they will.

On the whole, clients have very short memories and as long as the price is right and the treatment is done well, they're not that loyal. It's convenience they're after.

put an advert in the local paper with your photo,
saying about your new business
and state that you welcome old and new clients

that should do the trick
good luck x

I agree with this to, I find photos work best when going to a new salon as I don't think you are allowed to put amy from xyz salon is now working at....

Latest posts

Back