Would like a professional opinion on my Nouveau eyelashes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VickieC

Reaction score
I had nouveau eyelashes done yesterday for my hen do, iv never had them before but i cant believe how sore and sharp they feel! They also dont look like i thought they would.

Im mostly wanting to know your opinions as i was planning on keeping them in for the wedding in 2 weeks time and getting them touched up, but i have been thinking maybe she hasnt done them that great and i should go somewhere else and get them done for the wedding and not have to put up with them feeling like this for the next month.

Her car broke down so i went to her house and laid on her sofa, didnt fill in a record card or didnt have a patch test (she said product doesnt touch the skin).
From what i know she used Nouveau lashes, she said she usually goes to a 9 at the end but will keep them at a 11 as mine can support them so i think they were a 11! and she used silky ones(?) One thing i did notice was they kept sticking to my bottom lashes and she had to pull them apart with tweezers, she said the pads always slip so she doesnt use them.

She did ask me if i wanted natural or dramatic - i said not too dramatic but i want ppl to be able to tell a big difference so she said she would go inbetween.

here are the pics -

Attachments

• IMAG0573.jpg
    IMAG0573.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 122
  • IMAG0575.jpg
    IMAG0575.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 129
Its difficult to tell from the photos, but those wet looking bits (I assume thats the glue) are not right?

Are these individual or cluster? How long did she take to apply them?

When you say sore and sharp, are they painful (itchy /red) all the time? Are any lashes touching your eyelids?
x

Have they got gems on them or are the shiney spots dry glue? They look like party lashes to me although they do look nice. They should'nt be irritating you in any way. It's bad practice on the therapists part that a full consultation wasn't carried out and recorded on a card.

From the angle you have taken the pic it's hard to tell. They look nice and neat but if you can take a pic where you are looking up, it will be easier to see if they are too close to your eyes.
Nouveau do say there is no need to patch test, or at least they did when I trained. I do patch test though as people can have a reaction to the fumes.
A consultation card should have been filled in though.
You shouldn't be able to feel them on so if you feel that they are spiky then I can only assume that they are either attached too close to the eye or not attached properly at the base.
If you can take another pic from a different angle then it may be easier to see.

Also are these semi-permanent or express lashes? How long did it take her to apply them?

Latest posts

Back