would over exposure of liquid monomer ruin my nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonjovirock4eva

Reaction score
would over exposure of liquid monomer ruin my nails?
the reason i ask is because i keep getting lumps of acrylic in my brush and (i know im not ment to) ive used my nails to push it out of the brush but now my natural nails are really weak and wondered if this is what has caused it? im a total fool if this is what has ruined them and i certainly wont be doing it again! :irked::irked::irked:

Your nails will only get thin from being overfiled, or from your enhancements being pulled or pried off. Period.

If you are getting lumps in your brush, you are not working with a correct mix ratio. usually far too wet.

Hope this helps :)

Go look up tutorials on prep and application, they should help you TONS. :)

Just a thought, are you using a fast-setting powder because the product may start to set and get stuck in your brush before you have time to apply it properly? hth x

practising with the rentention + sample i got from scratch mag :hug: my mix ratio is not going to great at the min i know im working to wet! im shadowing in a salon tommorrow so hopefully ill see if they can show me!

If you think of the monomer that comes into contact with a clients nails over months an sometimes years if correctly applied nail enhancements should never thin the natural nail so I would think its really unlikely to have caused damage to your natural nails.

If you do get lumps in your brush try not to remove them with your fngers as the liquid on your skin could cause a reaction over time.

As Heather said, try and find out why your brush is getting lumps in it. Is it because its not being cleaned properly after use? Before it goes in my box I try to make sure my brush is clear of any possible uncured product to make sure its okay for the next time, HTH's xx

Latest posts

Back