Would this work?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikala-nails

Reaction score
Hiya,
I use Young Nails and they don't supply a nude acrylic.
I've just seen Nunis Torres post that he crushes makeup powder and mixes it into clear acrylic and this was his result [emoji15]
Would this work? Has anyone tried it?
I'd be gutted to waste a good makeup and acrylic if it never haha xx
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1464937691.877570.jpg

Yes it works , but they using something which is a pigment so if you have any Mac pigments that will also work. I think they be cheaper then wasting your powder compact which would cost more then the actual coloured acrylic .

I have his DVD's I paid a blinking fortune for !! One word advice " don't bother"
I am very upset at what I got sent ! Didn't even come in a case was hand written in a sharpie NUnI no 1.
Like hello I paid $135!! Incl shipping for one of them!
Rip off

Young nails do a cover pink and cover peach powder which are nude?

You can use face powder but most of them contain talc and oil of some kind which allow them to be applied to the skin and hold on, so your make up last all day. These oils can react with monomer, and the talc will mess with your product ratio and I suspect you'd get product breakdown quite quickly.

Better to use pigments designed specifically for nail art, there are lots of suppliers in places like eBay, etc.

Young Nails definitely do coverage and nude powder, I've seen Greg using it on his videos on YouTube.

I know they do the cover powder,mean more of a browny nude rather than a pink/peach!
Thanks for your replies everyone,i might give it a go and see if it works xx

You can use face powder but most of them contain talc and oil of some kind which allow them to be applied to the skin and hold on, so your make up last all day. These oils can react with monomer, and the talc will mess with your product ratio and I suspect you'd get product breakdown quite quickly.

Better to use pigments designed specifically for nail art, there are lots of suppliers in places like eBay, etc.

Young Nails definitely do coverage and nude powder, I've seen Greg using it on his videos on YouTube.
Sorry I didn't see this before..ahh right I'll have a look on the site! Just wish they done a ready mixed one like they do in the cover powders already [emoji107] xx

I have his DVD's I paid a blinking fortune for !! One word advice " don't bother"
I am very upset at what I got sent ! Didn't even come in a case was hand written in a sharpie NUnI no 1.
Rip off
Oh really? God I'd be fuming if I was you! I thought it would be a good DVD xx

One word advice " don't bother"

this had me chuckling [emoji23] That's 2 words bless you [emoji12]

To the OP , CND do an additive called blush bronze that If you mixed with a peach full cover powder would give you a nude colour with sparkles as shown in the pic [emoji5]️

To the OP , CND do an additive called blush bronze that If you mixed with a peach full cover powder would give you a nude colour with sparkles as shown in the pic [emoji5]️

Yes and the idiot I was , I kindly sent him a massive South African box of items and it cost me a fortune , not even a thank you or yes we got it , nothing.

And I bought DVD 2, as it was on sale, all before I actually watched DVD 1. Man I wish I had watched it ...
Anyhow we live and learn.

I don't agree with him selling trade secrets to the public, that is why we went to college, in my personal opinion.
However I do think his work is amazing and my own acrylic doesn't look like his at all. But then again I won't use an e file around cuticles like they do, I believe if you watch carefully they actually file them off which is contradiction to what we learn in beauty school. Just my observation.
And it not only him the bulk of the Internet nail guru all do.

Have a lovely day ladies [emoji253][emoji253]

Ahhh thank you xxx

Oooooh I'm going to have a look at these now! Thank you! Have you tried them? Xx
I don't have this set but I have lots of their other pigments and really like them. There was just one I wasn't keen on as it seemed white when I used them but the rest are lovely. You might be able to buy the ones you like individually X

I don't have this set but I have lots of their other pigments and really like them. There was just one I wasn't keen on as it seemed white when I used them but the rest are lovely. You might be able to buy the ones you like individually X
I have got some pigments off Youngs and i was the same,the purple went on white
I'm going to hunt down the perfect nude! Thanks for your help [emoji8] xx

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    272.6 KB · Views: 65
Hiya,
I use Young Nails and they don't supply a nude acrylic.
I've just seen Nunis Torres post that he crushes makeup powder and mixes it into clear acrylic and this was his result [emoji15]
Would this work? Has anyone tried it?
I'd be gutted to waste a good makeup and acrylic if it never haha xxView attachment 197874

Yeah this works amazingly, especially if I fall in love with a colour that I dont have in my acrylic range, I instantly mash it all up and produce a gorgeous acrylic powder. I will say though, it tends to work better with stronger pigmented eyeshadow (using the dearer make up). Definitely worth experimenting, mixing colours together, and seeing the results!!

Yeah this works amazingly, especially if I fall in love with a colour that I dont have in my acrylic range, I instantly mash it all up and produce a gorgeous acrylic powder. I will say though, it tends to work better with stronger pigmented eyeshadow (using the dearer make up). Definitely worth experimenting, mixing colours together, and seeing the results!!
Well the one he's used in this video is on eBay and it's only cheap! I haven't even had a chance but I've got a week off so I'm deffo going to order one and give it a go! Thank for your reply :) xx

Well the one he's used in this video is on eBay and it's only cheap! I haven't even had a chance but I've got a week off so I'm deffo going to order one and give it a go! Thank for your reply :) xx
Pleaseeeee post pics when you can <3

Rip off
Oh my really? I just purchased 5 DVDs for $110 USD. I hope they are worth it and he has since changed the packaging. How did you feel about those two DVDs? Did you learn anything?

Latest posts

Back