Xen-Tan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss Star

Reaction score
Hi Eveyone!

This is my first time on Salon Geeks :eek: lol

I am due to start a Spray Tanning day course soon and the products that are going to be used is Xen-Tan.

Just wondered what people thought of them?

Also I am doing the course through Carlton Institute and they have on offer the starter kit for £299.97+ VAT .

My question is really, is this a good product to use and would it be worth me getting the starter kit?

Thanks

Hi,

I am wondering the same question?!

Can I ask what you ended up going for in terms of equipment etc? I am due to take the same course at the end of this month but yet to buy the starter kit as it seems to be getting a few bad reviews on here!

Did you find the course worth while?

Many Thanks
Laura

Im only just registered as a lady i met on a training course recently told me about it but how Xen Tan can get bad reviews is beyond me!!!

I am based in Essex and tanning as you can imagine is my bread and butter treatment, i have tried almost everything on the market and Xen is by far the best thing ive ever laid my hands on, i cant stress this enough my clients love it and i love it and because its on the high street like others i retails loads of the stuff.

Not too sure about the training courses as i had already been trained but i get my stock from the head office up north and i get loads of people through from them because they have me listed as a stockist so this has really helped me build my spray tanning side of things

Iv just got a sample of xen-tan so cant comment on colour yet. My only problem with it at mo is that it is a one colour fits all solution? I have always stayed away rfom those so any feedback on how it is for various skin tones would be great!

Hi

Well so far so good. I did go with XEN-TAN and so far I haven't had any bad or negative feedback. Clients seem very happy with it.

I did do a double spray today, will find out tomorrow how the colour deepened. The lady that I sprayed goes a lovely colour, very 'Spanish' in her words! lol Only time will tell!

Xen tan is amazing! suits all skin tones even pale like me and it goes on dark love it! cant comment on the equipment or training, as I trained with fake bake and have a little piggy lol There was no Xen Tan training in scotland a few months back so went with fake bake xx

Hiya

I am doing my training on Monday at Carlton institute in Durham & I have bought the xen tan kit. I loved the smeel of the sample I got from them & the tan went a nice colour when I tried it on my legs.

I found it really hard deciding which product to choose as there are so many available now. I am going to be doing this mobile too so the fact that 1 solution suits all is good for me.

I have tried several in fact nearly all of the tanning solutions on the market on myself and several friends, i personally love xen tan and cant fault it. It is different from all the other tanning solutions as it has an olive base tone rather than an orangey brown which sounds yuck but creates a more natural colour when developed. I have converted so many of my customers who were pleased with my original tanning solution to now using xen tan. I have had so many new customers wanting it because they love the colour on their friends. The only people i havent managed to sway are people who like an extremely dark tan or are worried about the olive tone but it really is a lovely colour. I will always have several different solutions from different companies for my customers to choose from in case they like a specific brand, but on a whole the xen tan solution is going down far quicker than any other. As for the starter kit i would always recommend a T200 machine as they are easy to use,at for the price of the kit it really depends what it contains.

I love Xen -Tan! Although i do not offer it professionally, i use it personally and having tried EVERYONE available, this is the best one if ever used!! Smells great, looks great, fades well and suits every skin tone!

Kim xx

xen tan smells great (mocha cake) and the smell lasts a long time before you smell like a burnt biscuit in the morning.

xen tan moisturizes a client of mine hands that have eczema (other solutions cling onto the dry bits)

xen tans one colour suits all solution is great, i regularly spray a client who has dark skin and she always comes out darker than she is.

xen tan's olive colour guide is beautiful on some, and sometimes it looks too ashy/grey in tone, the only thing i dont like is that the CG and final developed colour are very different, unless you have olive undertones in your skin there is no way you can ever go olive, so its a bit deceptive, however clients always come out a lovely golden brown and are happy with the results

I dont like the fact that you have to buy in bulk retail produts.
Their before and aftercare leaflets are cheap compared to some
Their postage costs are expensive.

I tried Xen Tan on my mum and cousin at the weekend - they are both very very very fair lol.... I think I have read some geeks use the term 'blue' - this would be them lol.

Although it did look very natural, it did not make them look like they had a tan.... it just stopped them looking, well 'blue' - put a bit of life in their skin.

They hated the guide colour. My sister said that it made my Mum look jaundiced!

They were pleased with the final result but said that they preferred their result with Couture 8% (Romantic Glow) as they still looked natural but actually looked like they had a tan... did that make sense? lol

I am trialling some other solutions atm.... we shall see what happens!

everyone is sooo different... i sprayed my boyfriend with xen tan and he didnt come out at all, his arms were completely white....he loved couture but the second time i sprayed him with it he came out really patchy i mean huge areas did not take to the colour at all and other areas of tan really cling... its a very difficult ball game.... i have a rep coming out to see me for vani-t, lets see how that fairs...

everyone is sooo different... i sprayed my boyfriend with xen tan and he didnt come out at all, his arms were completely white....he loved couture but the second time i sprayed him with it he came out really patchy i mean huge areas did not take to the colour at all and other areas of tan really cling... its a very difficult ball game.... i have a rep coming out to see me for vani-t, lets see how that fairs...

Lol I'm wearing Vani-T atm.... saw the rep on Monday.

Colour is good... very good.

Had a few problems with the colour guide - It seemed to like me a little too much and needed to be, well, scrubbed off in areas.... but that might not be the norm lol.

I am tempted by Vani-T as the colour really is good - but would really have liked the chance to purchase samples of the solutions - which the don't do - as I think it is important to try a solution on a number of different models before you can really decide.

I have ordered a Vani-T tanning mist to use as a sample of their 8%... they don't do a 10% equivalent which is a shame.

Latest posts

Back