Xen tanning??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becks_boo

Reaction score
Hi, im new on here so thought id say hello and hopefully i will get some advice from this site!!
Im currently a qualified beauty therapist and a dental nurse. Im working as a nurse in a dental spa that has an empty unused beauty room.
As a starter i want to train in spray tanning and offer this to people who come into the practice and do other treatments as they are requested and see how much interest there is before taking on the room full time.

Iv heard of tantrick tanning and have been speaking to a trainer for them, but iv just come across Xen tan and wondered if anybody used it or has had one to give me a bit of advice on which tan to use??? I love using st tropez on myself but have read on here that its not rated by therapists??

Anyway sorry to ramble on but any advice on the best tanning to use and what prices you charge would be good. And equally a few words of advice and words of wisdom on starting up as il be a one woman band would be SOOO helpful!!!
Thanks again girls!!
Becks xxxx

If you click on the search button at the top of this page and type in xen tan you will see lots of opinions on the solution,
xen tan is a one for all solution, so you don't get different percentages to choose from so you can tailor the tan to your clients skin type,
i have tried it and didn't notice any difference at all to my skin colouring,
from what i have read on here from other peeps if you are pale then you don't see much of a difference at all but people with a darker skin to start with seem to get better results from it, hth

we will all advise you to use the solution that each one of use because we all swear that ours is the best lol, (i love Tantrick)

its all down to personal preference,
customer care (which is 100% and more from tantrick)
your budget,
the equipment you choose to use,
if you want 1 to 1 training (tantrick always teach 1 to 1) or a group class for your training,
and then you need to be realistic in your goals as rome was not built in a day so you need to market yourself,
putting up a poster in the dentists that you work at is a good start as lots of potential clients will see it and tell others,
you will get other marketing advise on your training,

i charge £25 per tan, so if i do 10 tans i take £250, if i do 20 tans i take £500,
the cost to you per tan will all be explained at your training too, we are not allowed or advised to give out this type of info on the site but i can say you are looking at a nice profit margin, hth :hug:

Last edited:
You will just become more confused with everyone chucking info at you hun. It is all down to what you think is best so you may need to try a few before you make your mind up.
I use sienna-x (if you want to search that)
I have tried xen tan and it is lovely but only has one colour. This is not good as it just wouldn't show up on some clients. You could maybe use this on your pale clients and use something else that has a better choice of percentages xxx

Thanks for the advice girls!! Im quite interested in the sienna-x, might give them a ring tomo!!

This might be a stupid question but once your spray tan trained with one company, are you qualified to use any system after that?? And can you usually use other products with one tanning machine???
xxxx

Yep, once you have done your training, you are free to use any product you like. Nearly all machines are compatable with all products x
Posted via Mobile Device

Hiya, I've been using Xen tan for a while now and totally love it! I'm really pale and love as dark a tan as poss found with all tans I have tried I go orangey! but with Xen tan theres olive undertones not orange so you cant go orange woo hoo lol and its really dark I'm getting my tan done thursday and am going to take a pic before, the day after and once i've washed the colour guide off (so I can put it on my website but i'll post them here if you would like to see the results) if you give them a call they'll send you a sample its skin soloutions that are distributing for the uk hth xx

Hi, thanks for the replies, have been looking into it a bit more today and if i train with sienna-x and order the kit i will get the training free. But just looking online and a starter kit is around £550.

Im quite set on sienna-x as its got good reviews ect. Iv looked at tantrick and their starter kit is about £250. They seem to use the same machine as well the t200 so im just a bit confused really how did everyone else go about starting up?? Can i but the machines from elsewehere for cheaper maybe???

xxx

Latest posts

Back