yell.com free listing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

helenlovesnails

Reaction score
hi,

i want to do the free listing on yell.com, but does anyone know how to do it without me putting my address on it. i work mobile so i dont want my home address on there?

i cant figure it out!

many thanks!

As far as I rememember both Yell and Yellow Pages require an address. Do you have an accountant? Some people sometimes put that down as their address.

Mat

All YP advertising needs your home address on it - I'm mobile and that has never caused me a problem...... Why wouldn't you want your address on it??

The main positive IMO is that having an address offers credibility to a business. Would you ring a business with a mobile number and no address? I wouldn't - I like to know there's some permanance to a business rather than some fly-by-night who could take my money and disappear......

I actually have the same problem.
I'm also a credible mobile therapist.
However, I rent my flat...therefore, it is not mine to advertise. Now, my landlord has no problem with me receiving business mail to this address, but it is against the terms of my contract to actually advertise as this being my business address.
I would also like to advertise my services in YP, but my arguement is, if I am mobile, and I am going to people's houses, and never having them come to me...why would I want the whole world to know where I live?! I value my privacy, for my own reasons.

I've not found a way around it myself, so help appreciated!!

I would also like to advertise my services in YP, but my arguement is, if I am mobile, and I am going to people's houses, and never having them come to me...why would I want the whole world to know where I live?! I value my privacy, for my own reasons.

I've not found a way around it myself, so help appreciated!!

When I'm looking for a tradesperson I tend to look for someone local, and a lot of my clients are very local to me - one good reason for having your address printed. Also, I'll make the point again, as a consumer I would not ring someone who had only a mobile phone number and no address.

I've been in YP since 2005 (as a mobile tech) and have NEVER had a random stranger on my doorstep demanding nails....... Lastly, as far as YP go there is no way around it.

Latest posts

Back