Yell.com?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suzie49

Reaction score
Hi I have just taken a free ad out on yell.com, I had a call today from one of their reps, Im assuming wanting me to upgrade, I wasnt in so thier calling back tomorrow after reading a couple of peoples experiences Im not so sure its a good idea.
Did Yell.com work for you, any input much appreciated ..x

Hi Suze

I've got a free ad in the Yellow Pages, had a couple of client find me on there, but not so many that it could justify taking out paid advertising with them

With the free ad's I find that I get at least one call a month from their rep's trying to get me to upgrade. And watch out as they are very clever, you hear them out and they tell you how they will do this and that... and then right at the end they say quickly and quietly "we will invoice you this in a couple of months"

Just be firm with them if it's not for you and they will leave you alone......for at least another few weeks!!

HTH xx

Last edited:
Haa I see, tbh, Gumtree is working well for me, I have got a few clients from there, it takes them straight to my wesite as well. So thats a bonus. x

i have a free ad with yell.com which has given me a few clients, i too had a call from a rep about a month ago and found him to be very pushy, and intimidating, and they really didn't want to take no for an anwser, plus i think £350 is not worth it. x

WOW...how much, dont think I will be answering the phone tomorrow lol...x

WOW...how much, dont think I will be answering the phone tomorrow lol...x

Oh yes. "But don't worry because you can pay for it in installments....." lol xx

I think advertisers are the worst thing about having your own place, they phone non-stop, get shirty if you're in a hurry & want to get off the phone & never leave you alone! I always tell them I'm so busy I don't need to pay for advertising!

Think I might take my free add out at this rate lol..glad I asked the question now ..x

I have a free add and laso paid for add in yell.com and its paid for itself and more. We get calls all the time (for hubby studio) from people that have called yell.com or gone on the web.

Had some people come because they called 118 and got our number from yell.com !! . They can be pushy and you will get calls from other sales people asking if you want to advertise with them,just be firm and say NO !!. I have had nobdy come from gumtree.

Hi Hun,
Stick with the free advertiseing, when they start to pester, tell them you have spent your advertiseing budget for this year. Politely say thank you but a definate no.
I have advertised with our other business for years, spent fortunes and lost money, it really drains your funds.........so less profit, good work will bring more clients from word of mouth.
Best of luck
lotsa luv x :hug:

I'm a about to upgrade from a free listing on Yell! It turns out that they have actually listened to their advertisers.

When I first started the massage practice I took out the 'Enhanced' listing which was £250. This is the boxed listing at the top of the results with a few line description or list of treatments. It worked ok and probably just made its money back. The problem was I wanted a link to my website - at the time that was an additional £250 - yes £500!!

Well now they have an Economy listing that I am about to take out. This is £90 (+VAT) for one year, and it gives me a link to my website for further information about me. It is listed under all the Box ads, but importantly before the free listings. And since my company name is 'Waxing for Guys' kinda does what it says on the tin.

Will feedback on how many website referrals I get and important clients. My thinking if I get one regular for Back & Shoulder wax the ad will be paid for in four treatments!

Mat

Latest posts

Back