Yellow acrylic?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newtoacrylic

Reaction score
Hi, i am completly new to doing acrylic nails, i wanted to teach myself how to do them so ive been watching videos on youtube, i bought all the produts off ebay to get started with a training finger, but the acrylic is yellow as soon as i apply it, im using millennium powder and liquid and white nail tips, i only use the clear powder for the whole nail, can anyone tell me why the acrylic is yellow and dull please?:rolleyes:

I just replied to your other post asking if this was for real?
The problem you have is a very obvious one, but the best way to get the answer would be from some real training ,
Sorry if that seems harsh but 99% of us here have learnt how to rectify these expensive mistakes or learnt how to totally avoid them through the power of education.

As mizzy_dizzy has said your having problems because you are not trained.

There is an awful lot more to doing enhancements than plopping the product on!
You have no idea about the chemical back ground of the products, anatomy of the nail, risks of damage and over exposure by not applying the products properly.

If you are really interested and are willing to take the time then I would suggest you look into taking a Foundation Class.

In the mean time I would recommend that go and find a Nail Technician to do your nails.

i can only echo what the other ladies have said... It's so not a good idea and if you're not careful you will overexpose yourself and then you wont be able to work with or have nail enhancements applied....

for the cost of all the products you've bought you could've put that towards the deposit for a really great enhancements course.

i can only echo what the other ladies have said... It's so not a good idea and if you're not careful you will overexpose yourself and then you wont be able to work with or have nail enhancements applied....

for the cost of all the products you've bought you could've put that towards the deposit for a really great enhancements course.
i understand what you are all saying, but im doing the nails for myslef not clients, and i asked a question which i thought was justified, if i could just get the names of the proper products to be used, mabybe im using a cheaper product? and need the profesional products, which i know i can just walk into a suppliers and buy, but can buy off the internet, i just need a little bit of help in making my home made nails more fun for me to do, but at the moment im just getting frustrated because of the yellowing and the dull look?.. thank you for ANY help in this.

i understand what you are all saying, but im doing the nails for myslef not clients, and i asked a question which i thought was justified, if i could just get the names of the proper products to be used, mabybe im using a cheaper product? and need the profesional products, which i know i can just walk into a suppliers and buy, but can buy off the internet, i just need a little bit of help in making my home made nails more fun for me to do, but at the moment im just getting frustrated because of the yellowing and the dull look?.. thank you for ANY help in this.

Im sorry and I really dont mean to sound harsh but you will not get the help your looking for on this site, we are all highly qualified professionals who have spent thousands of hours and £ to get to the standard we are at and the majority of us will not condone the use of professional products by the untrained.

Just to add buy products from ebay can be so dangerous as you can never tell if they are fakes or not.

Please consider training even if you are just doing your own nails you never know your passion might grow and you could end up making a career out of it :hug:

Home made, eBay , YouTube, are you sure it's not a wind up and a spot of Wednesday trolling ?

Home made, eBay , YouTube, are you sure it's not a wind up and a spot of Wednesday trolling ?
ABSOLUTELY agree this has got to be a wind up,c'mon own up:lol: xx

Im sorry and I really dont mean to sound harsh but you will not get the help your looking for on this site, we are all highly qualified professionals who have spent thousands of hours and £ to get to the standard we are at and the majority of us will not condone the use of professional products by the untrained.

Just to add buy products from ebay can be so dangerous as you can never tell if they are fakes or not.

Please consider training even if you are just doing your own nails you never know your passion might grow and you could end up making a career out of it :hug:
im new to threads, i put a post in by mistake, but then noticed the consumer queries, which i posted the same question, i believe this blog is not for qualified professionals, but for people just asking for help. but thats fine i will find another way of getting it, i will do a course soon, but cant just yet, thats why im trying it at home:cool:

It's due to lots of reasons, its people like you that give us a bad name! Would you have a go at cutting your own hair or filling your own teeth! If the answers no then do yourself a favour and book yourself an appointment or stick to varnish!

im new to threads, i put a post in by mistake, but then noticed the consumer queries, which i posted the same question, i believe this blog is not for qualified professionals, but for people just asking for help. but thats fine i will find another way of getting it, i will do a course soon, but cant just yet, thats why im trying it at home:cool:

I won't be rude to you or call you names; however, you have come to a site designed for professionals. You won't find the advice you're seeking here. The Consumer Queries forum still is not a forum for this type of advice. Perhaps your local Sally's might be of assistance. Or maybe there is a DIY forum that would meet your needs. I still feel you're putting your nail health in jeopardy. Good luck to you.

It's due to lots of reasons, its people like you that give us a bad name! Would you have a go at cutting your own hair or filling your own teeth! If the answers no then do yourself a favour and book yourself an appointment or stick to varnish!
how is doing my OWN nails at home giving YOU a bad name?. i dont have clients and i dont intend to, you cant tell me what to do, i will keep doing this regardless of what you say, if i mess up my own nails what is that to you?, i only asked a question if you cant help me then dont answer me at all!!! i have now found out what the problem was anyway without anyones help of here, ive been using cheap products from ebaby, i now know to use products from creative CND, so thanks for having a go at me for trying something i love.:evil:

Well thankfully you shouldn't be able to purchase that without a relevant qualification, in a few years when u have destroyed your nails you will be one of the many who blames acrylic, NOT poor workmanship.

Well thankfully you shouldn't be able to purchase that without a relevant qualification, in a few years when u have destroyed your nails you will be one of the many who blames acrylic, NOT poor workmanship.
i can purchase it,and i have, im not going to blame the acrylic if my nails get destroyed i will blame myself. so once again you are wrong:rolleyes:

i can purchase it,and i have, im not going to blame the acrylic if my nails get destroyed i will blame myself. so once again you are wrong:rolleyes:
If you got it off flea-bay then there is no telling what you bought. Good luck with that and when you get a chemical burn or allergic reaction to what you are using then I am thinking the words "they told me so" will come to mind. You are not looking for help from us as a customer, rather asking us to give you free training for what we paid for. move on to another site please. Unless you get your training and then we are more then happy to help.

Latest posts

Back