Yellow pages problem?? anyone else had problems??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

worthit

Reaction score
Hi all,

I put my ad in last years yell pages plus yell .com and had no problems but this year:rolleyes: it's just been one nightmare after another are you ready for a bit of a novel:sad:

Well, I had a new sales rep come to see me in say November to get things with my ad kick started I thought she was nice seemed to be on my wavelength:) so I discussed what I wanted with her including pics etc everybody happy.

Well then I didn't hear any more from her for months and months and I thought it was odd because the guy the year before followed everything through so I left it SILLY ME:irked:

I decided to contact her in February as time was getting on and I wanted to know what was going on with my ad:rolleyes: so when I spoke to her she told me that she had been on the sick oooooh nice I thought what about my ad!!!! she said all under control I didn't believe her for one minute so since it has just been a nightmare with yellow pages sending me a proof that was not what I had discussed with the rep:grr: so they understood and got in contact with the rep and she rang me I was TAMPING!!!:mad: but again was told by her that it was all under control not convinced as the deadline was near and I was getting worried about my ad:rolleyes:

So again I didn't hear from her so i rang her again more lies by now we are 2 weeks away from the deadline but all she kept telling me that it was ok annnnnnyway in between my ad gets lost in Scarborough MORE LIES!!!!!! so now we've reached the deadline and still she tells me that all is ok she will sort it :mad: then she emails me my ad tha is right but I wanted to alter the wording as you do and fine tune it a bit but she just gave me more b....... that there was nothing wrong with it and it was th ebest ad she's seen in a while (yeah but she's not paying is she!!!) so the same day I get a letter from yellow pages saying that my ad had gone to print:mad: this is what I feared coz I feel like the rep had been lying to me all along now I'm in a situation tha my ad has gone to print I haven't signed for it but apparently I signed back in November:grr: I have asked for a copy of the terms and conditions to b esent to me and the proof that i have signed for it which I'm guessing I have.

I'm just sooooo annoyed as last year it wasn't like thsi and I had loads of time to change my ad etc etc.

Have any of you experienced this coz yellow pages just don't seem to care but are still charging me for an ad I didn't sign for and quite frankly not happy with:rolleyes:

Can anyone help with my situation pleeeeeeease:confused:

Thanks very much in advance

Kate :hug:

You need to write to them hun
You tell them that you are disgusted by their lack of professionalism, that you feel cheated and lied to, that you can not understand the companies change after having been treated so well by them last year and you would never recomend them to anyone after the way you have been treated this year.
Then you finish the letter by asking them what they intend to do about putting things right with you and that you are giving them 2 weeks to reply before taking the matter further.
Thats what the woman I used to rent from did and they gave her a written apologie, full refund on that years advert and a half page colour ad for the same price as a quarter page ad for the following year.

You need to write to them hun
You tell them that you are disgusted by their lack of professionalism, that you feel cheated and lied to, that you can not understand the companies change after having been treated so well by them last year and you would never recomend them to anyone after the way you have been treated this year.
Then you finish the letter by asking them what they intend to do about putting things right with you and that you are giving them 2 weeks to reply before taking the matter further.
Thats what the woman I used to rent from did and they gave her a written apologie, full refund on that years advert and a half page colour ad for the same price as a quarter page ad for the following year.

Hya:)

Thanks sooo much for your advice I will do that as I am really annoyed at their attitude as you say I should say it wasn't like it last year:mad:

Thanks very much for your advice that's a great help:hug:

Kate :hug:

You need to put all your complaints in writing and as they haven't provided you what you expected when signing the contract you want a refund.

I had a similar problem with Thompson directories.... they put my ad in the wrong section!!!!! :mad:

I got a full refund and discount for next year!

I'm sure if you put it in writing that you are not happy with your ad, they will waiver your invoice.

Many years ago, I had a slight problem with my ad in that they printed my address as 288 High St, instead of 228 (Is that all? you may wonder) and I got my ad FOC :).

Well there may have only been 1 digit wrong but at the time there was another beauty salon at 288 High Street :eek:.

I kicked up stink about their mistake costing me lost business, blah, blah, blah...Didn't have to pay. Was a big ad as well so saved myself something like £1200 :)

Best bit was, as this was before t'internet was happening, & YP was King, I still got a lot of business from my ad - we just had to remind clients of where we were when they booked their 1st appointment with us.

So, you make sure you let them know you're not a happy bunny.

Ok first did you sign the proof and return it?

Did you at any time agree verbally that the ad was ok?

If not you DO NOT have to pay for it.

I had the same crap with yellow pages. I spent £7000 with them in year one, and they messed up on one word which was spelt waking instead of waxing.

I asked them to change it and resend a proof and they didnt, instead it went to print.

I was told by CAB that I didnt need to pay for it as I hadnt agreed to the advert that went in, and it made my business look unprofessional.

Yellow pages will argue with you that you will get work providing the numbers are correct etc, however it looks bad on you if the spelling etc isnt right, or the advert is of poor quality, which one of my adds in another book was!

Good Luck!!!

Kate x

Hiyah

Check thier Terms and Conditions, although I have read them write to their customer service department and I would personally visit your local CAB and get their help so you know where you stand legally and also you wouldn't want their mistake to blacken your name by them saying that you defaulted.

hth
Sue :)

A close friend has just had a hugh fight with them over his ad. They debited his bank account for an ad this year that he hasn't signed for. He rang them and they said 'oh, we just used the same debit form and bank details as last year.' He demanded his money back and they said that would sort out the account. They gave him back his money but then sent him a bill for over $900 which he got today. He rang them today and went off and they said 'oh, it was a computer error.'

you are probably better off trying to find a beauty related website to advertise on than yell it is much cheaper and alreadyreceiving the type of traffic you are trying to attract through your door, just search google for salons spas and treatments. HTH good luck

Latest posts

Back