Yellowing Of Natural Nail

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Urban Geek

Mobile Nail technician
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me would cause the natural nail to go yellow? I have noticed yellow on a couple of my nails. I don't wear enhancements and always wear a base coat and top coat.

(the nail geek QUOTE/)Look for enamels that are labeled as hypoallergenic or TSF free or toluene or formaldehyde free (or check labels). I can guarantee virtually all pro enamels I know of use TSF resin.
Formaldehyde can cause yellowing, but usually only in larger amounts (ie natural nail strengthener amounts).

Try Doug Schoons book, he talks about TSF resin in it.

Hope this helps (quote)

Hi i copied this from a post sam did.

hmm hope he can fix the quote for me?? hmmm Sam help!

Thanks Tracy for your feedback.

I am currently reading Doug's book but surely some of the experts out there can help me.

What make of base coat are you using, it may be that its not suited to your nails. I know you can get this if you don't put a base coat under a colour. As was said previously, look at what's in your base caot as obviously something isn't right for you.

Hi Wendy,

I use Creative products on my nails - Sticky base coat and Out the Door top coat.

Do you think it could perhaps to do with changing polish quite often?

NailNovice2 said:
Hi Wendy,

I use Creative products on my nails - Sticky base coat and Out the Door top coat.

Do you think it could perhaps to do with changing polish quite often?
There have been discussions about this problem in the past.....I for one also tend to get the yellowing as well. I've just gone into the 'search' machine and typed in Yellowing and found a number of relative posts........have a look and see if this helps.......would have posted them but there were a few too many lol!

Good luck
Adele

i have had this on my nails it comes off with nail polish remover if thats any help??? i have only had it in a small patch on a couple of nails what is it?

Latest posts

Back