Yellowing product

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AngelMax001

Reaction score
Heeeeeeeelp! :cry:

I trained using Creative Retention +, which I have always been really happy with, but felt it was now time to try out other products....broaden my horixons as it were.
I was recommended NSI... so me and my pal ordered a trial set. We both played around with the product until we felt happy to use on on our clients.
The 1st set I done was on a regular client with no perfect nails. I applied a fresh set of french tips. They looked absolutley perfect...in fact I couldn't have been happier with them. The following day she called me to advise they were looking a little yellow :confused: . Ok, I thought.... could be the top coat....so I advised her to come back to me, I removed the topcoat with non acetone remover and buffed to a perfect shine.....she called me agan 2 days later to say they had turned yellow again.

I am very confused to say the least.... it was new product, new bush, in fact I used all new stuff. The prep of the nail was perfect etc etc.....
I called my Nail pal, and asked her how hers had been going....she had the same problem.....

Can anyone help or advise..pleeeeeease :sad:

Hi, ive used NSI and not had problems with yellowing, what system of theirs are you using?

Has she been using sun beds as this can cause yellowing?

AngelMax001 said:
Heeeeeeeelp! :cry:

I trained using Creative Retention +, which I have always been really happy with, but felt it was now time to try out other products....broaden my horixons as it were.
I was recommended NSI... so me and my pal ordered a trial set. We both played around with the product until we felt happy to use on on our clients.
The 1st set I done was on a regular client with no perfect nails. I applied a fresh set of french tips. They looked absolutley perfect...in fact I couldn't have been happier with them. The following day she called me to advise they were looking a little yellow :confused: . Ok, I thought.... could be the top coat....so I advised her to come back to me, I removed the topcoat with non acetone remover and buffed to a perfect shine.....she called me agan 2 days later to say they had turned yellow again.

I am very confused to say the least.... it was new product, new bush, in fact I used all new stuff. The prep of the nail was perfect etc etc.....
I called my Nail pal, and asked her how hers had been going....she had the same problem.....

Can anyone help or advise..pleeeeeease :sad:
So the yellowing comes off when the nail has been cleaned.....Not product contamination then.........
In this case it is something that she is using...........
Does she use Self Tanning lotion ???
Sunbeds ?????
Contamination usualy shows up within a couple of hours.......Yellowing after that is usualy UV light as in Sunbeds, but it can also be.............Self Tanning lotion, Tan enhancers, certain spices in cooking Saffron, tumeric, curry powder...............Check out these possibilities..............

HTH

Latest posts

Back