You know when clients say their enhancements popped off?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All or just one finger? All my others (touch wood) are ok just the right index that it happened to!

Just one finger! Strange!

Middle finger left hand today the same sort of thing, I went to the loo and when I washed my hands I noticed that my left middle fingernail was naked! The whole coating was on the toilet floor!
And now you will start to poke and peel all the others. :)

Soak all off ... And apply again. This was your first application right? Do them again and pay particular attention to that hand. Work your base coat on well. When working on the dominant hand we often use a lighter more tentative touch because we are not used to or confident painting with our non dominant hand.

No prep no primer, so you have to make a good solid contact with your base coat and the nail.

Thanks Geeg, I've stuck them back on with Gelbond for the time being as I can't redo til Tuesday due to time constraints, my lady who went to Bahrain just messaged me to say she lost one going to the loo! I pepped, scrubfreshed and applied the base coat like shellac base this is right isn't it?

I've been having the exact same problem with Brisa Lite -whole nail pops off with no damage underneath. Happened to me and two clients! All of us fine with L&P and Shellac. Very thorough prep as well as being extra careful that no product went onto side walls etc and it happened again. Any more thoughts?

I posted the same problem a couple of weeks ago. I had done a friend of mine's nails and the exact same thing: popped off! The rest followed a few day later :(

Oh dear, I just thought I would pop onto salon geek before s2 to make my brisa lite and sculpting order...not sure what to do now :(

Oops forgot to attach the pic xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1369918680.903694.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1369918680.903694.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 147
Ok Ive had this problem but only with a client who is on anti depressants, same thing she looked down and nail was on the floor, no marks didnt even feel it come off. When I went back for rebalance everyone had lifted horribly so we gave up.

On the other hand the day after my brisa training I did a whole set on my Mum and hers lasted 5 weeks with no infill (just a trial). But Mum has super good nails.

Perhaps its the base that we are applying the nails to. As geeg said different products for different nails. If it doesnt work use something else. One of my clients cant wear normal varnish, shellac OPI or brisa smoothing or sculpting, all lift and come off but she is fine with CND acrylic and powder so you can guess which one I use lol

my nails do this, it's annoying but i put it down to antidepressents as iv upped my dose it's happening more.

Sent from my GT-I8160 using SalonGeek

Think I've solved the mystery of one of my clients - I asked about any medication or chemicals etc which may cause the enhancements to come off due to the 'tiny tunnel technology' and she wonders if it is the psoriasis cream that she applies - as she uses those fingers to apply it! It's always the same fingers that we have the problems with, so I think that is probably the answer.

Still got to solve the other mysterious clients though!

Latest posts

Back