You know when clients say their enhancements popped off?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evaperk

Reaction score
... today as I was scrunching up the couch roll that I had just used for a client in readiness for her photo my right index finger covering 'popped' off no pressure I didn't feel it just saw it fall to the floor! I did them last week with Brisa Lite sculpting overlay and shellac :( I had to quickly stick it back on with gellbond and explain to my client (who had just had 3 nails extended with Brisa Lite) that it's the finger I use the most and the scrub fresh must've gotten under it!
picture.php

... today as I was scrunching up the couch roll that I had just used for a client in readiness for her photo my right index finger covering 'popped' off no pressure I didn't feel it just saw it fall to the floor! I did them last week with Brisa Lite sculpting overlay and shellac :( I had to quickly stick it back on with gellbond and explain to my client (who had just had 3 nails extended with Brisa Lite) that it's the finger I use the most and the scrub fresh must've gotten under it!
picture.php

How strange. Has it happened before? Your nail looks super healthy and no pull marks whatsoever.

I know and I didn't even feel it only heard it fall! It's the first time I've worn new brisa lite and applied with my bad hand so maybe the base coat was too thick/thin I don't know!

That's really strange, I did 9 brisa lite smoothing on my daughter which are fine and one sculpting and today she came home from work and the whole sculpting had popped of complete like that too and she shows no damage to her nail and I was wondering why too

I just hope my client who I extended 3 nails today keeps her on as she's off to bahrain!

I will get a photo of my daughters nail, hopefully she isn't asleep 1 sec lol

Last edited:
Ok here's pic sorry its bad as she's in bed as has to be up early in morning, looks like a tiny bit of bottom coat is still on the end, but the rest seems clean, her nails are a week old and grow like weeds so we always re-shellac every 2 weeks max - haven't redone it as she's had a bath so will do in the morning

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1360798011.097745.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1360798011.097745.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 588
Last edited:
Mine was a week yesterday, nothing ok the nail at sll and no damage. Very bizzarre. I'll do them again next week and see what happens.

I've got the sculpting clear on my nails on tips, so will see how they go and I've a client I'm seeing Friday who has had a mix of tips and sculpts in the pink and white so will see how hers are, she was delighted when spoke to her last week as she had no lifting or problems which she has had with l&p, it's very odd

picture.php

Oh no! Im still debating whether to buy this or not. Hopefully someone will be along soon and explain what could have gone wrong :hug:

picture.php

Hi Hun

Have you done the training for the sculpting gel, I'm waiting to book mine. Just wondered if younhad perhaps your educator could throw some light on this. Might be worth a try xxxxxxx

Hi Hun

Have you done the training for the sculpting gel, I'm waiting to book mine. Just wondered if younhad perhaps your educator could throw some light on this. Might be worth a try xxxxxxx
Not yet, no I'm waiting to see if there's a brisa lite stand alone course coming up as I'm happy with NSI balance for hard gels. All the others are fine so it might just be that because I've got a stronger coating on I've been careless when performing treatments with regards to solvents, bad girl!

Althoug you can see from my pic that there is no damage to the natural nail with Brisa Lite which is brilliant.

I've got one lady and recently we can't keep anything on one finger. its not her dominant hand either. L&P, Gel, even tried Brisa Lite yesterday and didn't last the day. No damage to natural nail. Tried everything, its just one of those things as crop circles and Bermuda Triangle is

Next step is no extension just shellac and BL base.
Vicki x

I've got one lady and recently we can't keep anything on one finger. its not her dominant hand either. L&P, Gel, even tried Brisa Lite yesterday and didn't last the day. No damage to natural nail. Tried everything, its just one of those things as crop circles and Bermuda Triangle is

Vicki x

Yep got one of those myself still have not learnt to not let it get to me, depresses me every time :cry:

This happened to my nans BL sculpting NNO today that I did on her a week ago...hmmm

Vicki x

Is she on any new drugs, especially heart drugs? although one finger is weird

No nothing at all, she's 39. I've been doing her nails every two weeks for the last 10 months and this has just started a few weeks ago.
I know it's nothing I'm doing or not doing and so does my lady.

We are thinking of replacing it with her toe nail, might have more luck :)

I'm seeing her tomorrow for just Brisa Lite and Shellac, no extension. It's a bit shorter than the others but she's ok with it.
Vicki x

Last edited:
This happened to my nans BL sculpting NNO today that I did on her a week ago...hmmm
All or just one finger? All my others (touch wood) are ok just the right index that it happened to!

Middle finger left hand today the same sort of thing, I went to the loo and when I washed my hands I noticed that my left middle fingernail was naked! The whole coating was on the toilet floor!

Latest posts

Back