Young Nails demos

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sam1

Reaction score
Just checked out the young nails website they have new demo vids of reverse french,backfill and french gel.Very interesting to watch,apparently developed to reduce times so you can be more productive. Also interesting to see the electric file used. just click on education and you will see the demo videos.

These videos are great! I love that he is always explaining what he is doing so we can understand why this is done and why it is important, and also to point out some things that we wouldn't notice normaly.
Also it very conforting to know i work properly with an e-file (i was well taught!) lol

Great tutorial. i am thinking about an e-file will definately get training first though.

great tutorials.ive heard of the reverse application before but after watching that its really made me want to go and try it now.i also thought he was really good in explaining what he was doing and why he was doing it.i bet hes a great teacher.thanks for sharing.:)

This reverse method is fab when using glitter/coloured acrylics. Smiles are always perfect & no risk of traces of any glitter/colour getting transferred to the nail bed which can sometimes happen I find when using the "traditional" method.

Infact I have just done a reverse set on myself tonight the tip is half silver half bronzy gold, no way I would have got perfect smile using two seperate glitter acrylics doing it any other way.

I had 3 demo nails done by Young Nails at the NEC last weekend - they look fab- the clearerst smile lines ever! Tried it on myself - was a bit harder than it looked obviously, but think it is something I will practice as definately see the benefits.

Also, now I have seen an e-file used, I would definately look at getting one in the future, perhaps not while I'm mobile though.

The only negative point I have is that she used a 100/150 grit abrasive to "etch" (her word) the natural nail - ouch!!! I am creative trained and believe that you should never use more than a 240 grit on the natural nail - and now I know why!!!

Cheers for posting this, I love to see new things demonstrated, I have problems with my back from a car crash and have found that a full day of hand fileing realy does me in, all I would say is I see no point in useing an e-file to remove shine because by the time you have changed the bit and changed it back again its quicker to just grab my koala buffer and take the shine of with that. But for shapeing the enhancment, and cuting the new smile in for a rebalance, yep love my e-file.
Going to practice that reverse application, it looks like fun:lol:

Great, love the demo's, like the product as well, I'm not really an e-file lover.
Cause I use a special one everyday as a chiropodist, and I know it takes alot of training using them correctly, but great demo's i know what I will be trying this weekend

Latest posts

Back