Young Nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pussycat

Reaction score
hello!

i bought a Young Nails sample kit of their Synergy Gels. i did my own nails with them and found them really nice to work with and didn't get the nasty heat spike. had them on a week now and no lifting, chipping or yellowing as yet!!

just wondering if anyone else uses these gels and if they've found any problems with them eg. lifting before i go getting the bigger tubs and using them on my clients??

thank you

Haven't used their gels but have used their glitters for acrylic and find the colours stunning.
If you're happy with it go for it.

Im hopefully switching over to Young Nails having put their l&p through the paces over the past few months - Ive found it so easy to work with and the colour is fab too
Have tried out the gels and loved their strength and easy of use. You'll be making a wise choice if you switch to YN
Their customer service in the UK is v.good with an efficient technical support from working nail techs and salon owners. (its far easier to speak with someone who's dealing with clients on a daily basis and knows what their talking about)
IMO Young Nails are really pacing the way with new products / techniques / sound technology with realistically priced products.

www.youngnails.co.uk

thanks geeks! will go buy me some bigger pots!!

Hi folks, first time on this site so bear with me! (bit of a technology dinosaur u see, only got internet 6 mths ago) As for young nails, well where do i begin! been using their products now for over 2 yrs and never had any complaints, L&P system is fab, finish gel is also a grt product, love their artistic sculptor brushes and customer service and technical support is second to none. Has anyone ever seen greg salo and the rest of the team in action at any of the exhibitions?

i've used young nails for a couple of years as well, i can't say enough good things about them. i just love their products!!! greg is amazing to watch!

A mate of mine has used young nails gels and loved them. I have used their finish gel as its nice and thin so i use it to apply glitter to my gel nails. You get a nice thin application which has good coverage of colour.

i had been using them when i was new to all this til i found out the distributor in ireland was charging up to twice the price for some things!!! like the products though so when i need to top up i mite try distinctive and see if they'l let me order from them. using ez flow at the min as im training with them and products are great but some things are quite expensive!

looby lou said:
Has anyone ever seen greg salo and the rest of the team in action at any of the exhibitions?

Hi looby lou and welcome!

I watched Greg Salo for just a couple of hours (or so!!) at the Gmex show. He's always fasinated me with his nail art but this year I was blown away by the reverse application in acrylic sculpture that he was demonstrating.
I started a thread soon after hoping that someone else had seen it, Im guessing that you did! Hooray!
The whole team at Young Nails are hot and I agree that their customer service is v.good too.
Still a "Young" company (scuse the pun) compared with most. (Possibly the "youngest") but Ive got a great feeling that their heading for bigger and better things.
Sadly some other lines i have used over the years are simply being left behind by these better priced lines whose technology, vision and genuine customer care is solid as a rock. IMO anyway

frenchy said:
Hi looby lou and welcome!

I watched Greg Salo for just a couple of hours (or so!!) at the Gmex show. He's always fasinated me with his nail art but this year I was blown away by the reverse application in acrylic sculpture that he was demonstrating.
I started a thread soon after hoping that someone else had seen it, Im guessing that you did! Hooray!
The whole team at Young Nails are hot and I agree that their customer service is v.good too.
Still a "Young" company (scuse the pun) compared with most. (Possibly the "youngest") but Ive got a great feeling that their heading for bigger and better things.
Sadly some other lines i have used over the years are simply being left behind by these better priced lines whose technology, vision and genuine customer care is solid as a rock. IMO anyway

Frenchy YN is 10 years old I believe (not that young :biggrin: ), but good all the same! :biggrin:

Mrs Geek said:
Frenchy YN is 10 years old I believe (not that young :biggrin: ), but good all the same! :biggrin:

Really?? I thought they'd only been around for a couple of years???
Well I guess they've taken a while to break the British market then huh
Stiff competition I guess, it must be like p....... in the wind over in the US if your starting a new company nowadays
Got me thinking though......
who is the youngest? Entity?
and who is the oldest? (think i know the answer to that one)
I remember once reading that Joico used to do some sort of acrylic system

Sorry, going off the thread there a little, apologies....but if anyone knows the answers - pm me

frenchy said:
Really?? I thought they'd only been around for a couple of years???
Well I guess they've taken a while to break the British market then huh
Stiff competition I guess, it must be like p....... in the wind over in the US if your starting a new company nowadays
Got me thinking though......
who is the youngest? Entity?
and who is the oldest? (think i know the answer to that one)
I remember once reading that Joico used to do some sort of acrylic system

Sorry, going off the thread there a little, apologies....but if anyone knows the answers - pm me

Entity is the yougest, I believe that NSI, CND & Orly are all of similar age - CND will be 26 in 07 but I am not sure about the others!! :?:

Latest posts

Back