Your advice needed please ????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackiegst

Reaction score
Can any of you help me?

I trained to be a hairdresser about 4 years ago at the local college on a full-time basis. We had 2 tutors, who were to be polite of the old fashioned school and towards the end f there careers. The styles etc were quite old fashioned, as was the teaching. When I left I started working in an office, as I didn’t feel confident enough to find a job in a hairdressers, the cutting training at college was the last month of the Level 2 course! Which was only 2 days in the week. I have now been in the office job since leaving college, but still get come onto this site to see what is going on.

I would really like to restart the hairdressing, but feel as it has been so long since I trained and have very little salon experience. I don’t know where to start. I have no experience using foils and my cutting is not brilliant. Can you give me some advice please J

What bout doing an advanced cutting and colouring course at collage ?
I did this but asked it I could just concentrate on colouring.

why dont u do your level three? and no foils? even on level two i wud have assumed u wud be doing foil, my goodness it really was old fashioned. . .
their is alot to be said for old fashioned though, the basic cutting technique is the basis for even the most intricate cut. . once u got the basics you pick up the complex cuts alot quicker. . x

Thanks for that. I work full-time and i tried to enrol in the evenings last year for level 3, but the course was cancelled as not enough people enrolled.

most defo get your level 3 done, asap, and sally's do some courses, in colouring, as do wella!! obv!
would you not try and get in a salon as a working junior stylist just to gte you back in the game??
maybe not the best option as you have a family to support but you learn alot by being amongst the new techniques
best of luck
xxx

Latest posts

Back