Your best and worst things about the working in the nail world!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissOwen

Reaction score
Well as the title suggests........ what do you find are the best and worst things about working in the industry (hair and beauty geeks welcome too)??? Here's mine:

Best: the creative feeling of making something beautiful out of the products which look like nothing special to a client.

Worst: peoples stereotypical view that you only join the beauty industry if you're too thick to do anything else as its easy!!

Thought it might be nice to have a chatty thread for us all to get involved with..... hopefully!! :D

I agree that the best thing is the creativity thing. We can be as adventurous as we want and as technical as we need to be and can see what we have produced and have immediate satisfaction when we see our client's faces! Then just as we think we have mastered something adequately something new comes out and off we go again.

I don't know that I have had a worst thing generally, maybe because I am older or maybe I am too thick to notice that people think I'm thick! I don't much care anyway, ask them if they would like to have a go! I do this when someone comments on how 'easy' it looks!

This should be an interesting thread! :D

Best thing for me is to make someone happy with my nails, and the friends I have made in this business :hug:
Worst part of the job for me has got to be book keeping, stocktaking etc

Best thing for me is to make someone happy with my nails, and the friends I have made in this business :hug:
Worst part of the job for me has got to be book keeping, stocktaking etc

And your trainee eyelashers, don't forget us!!:D

Best thing is definatly doing the thing you enjoy and are passionate about, and that the industry is so fast moving and there is no time to be bored! Also meeting lots of new people, clients, going on cources, new inventions, industry events, magazines just everything industry related is great realy! However the down side and this is NOT the actual jobs fault it is just that being self employed you have to do books, banking, driving, phone never stops ringing, things go wrong with orders etc, you have to be there to get your orders, you never go home from work, this can be a buzz and be a fun part of the job, keeps you on your toes but if you are nackerd its a bit much sometimes lol. I just love nails and hair I have loved all things this way since a young age. Used to cut my friends hair with nail scissors as a child and paint every ones nails, people used to say they could smell me coming becuse I would always have a new body spray or something on! Product mad!!! xxxxx

For me, Best- The scope for learning... there's no need for it to ever stop ( I am really a massive geek and LOVE courses!)
Worst: The fact that at this rate i'll never be rich as i spend every penny i make on more product and training lol. And bitten nails as i'm yet to get to grips with them!

Best thing has got to be the fact that the more glam you go to work looking, the better, no one to tell you you have to tie your hair back, or not wear make-up, worst thing is that your so busy grooming other people, that you dont get chance to do yourselfs,but then i get stressed about that, as i see myself as a walking advert,lol............
xx

Best thing is seeing smiling clients when you have worked the "magic" especially on nails that look awful before hand :D
Worst thing People thinking our job is easy wtf! lol xx

I will give an historical point of view from 25+ years perspective. :D

Best thing has been the REAL friends I have made all over the world through doing nails and the acknowledgements I have had from my peers, for the part I have played in building the nail industry in the UK!

Worst thing ... the jealousy that exists in the nail business towards those that are successful at it.

Latest posts

Back