Your name thread!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My name isn't really mine. I was adopted and my adoptive parents had had a failed adoption previously. They gave me the name they gave the first child.

That got me to, surprised they told you that. :( xxx

That's why you'll rarely see it in capitals. I was a second hand baby with a second hand name.
It's had far reaching emotional consequences.

That's why you'll rarely see it in capitals. I was a second hand baby with a second hand name.
It's had far reaching emotional consequences.

But your a first class successful lady Lynne x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

My birth name is Ellis. There is probably 5 people who call me this, my nan n grandad, a few of my cousins and my brother.

Ellis - Means my god is the lord. It is welsh (even though our family is irish) and my mom was reading a book while pregnant with me and the authours name was Ellis.

Every body else calls me Ellie.

Ellie - Ellie means Light

But then when i introduce myself as Ellie, which i do, people ask my if my real name is Elenor or Elizabeth. Ha can get confusing.

Kind Regards,
Ellis @EHB

Stephanie from the Greek meaning Crown or Crowned one.

I've always found the meanings for my name and the personality traits they put on the key rings to be near enough spot on for me. I don't think my parents could have picked a better name for me although as a child I used to hate it. I prefer to be called Steph, Stephanie always used to annoy me but I'm getting better with it now as it was only ever used by my parents if I was getting told off lol.

They name was chosen by my dad as he fancied an actress with the name lol.

Steph xx

My name is Sarah with a H ☺️
It means princess, not sure about the origin!
And my dad named me after the singer thin lizzy's daughter, he had a song called my Sarah which I used to hate now I love lol! X

I'm Sarah too! And I'm DEFINITELY a princess!!

I was born in August, and back in the day of car registrations being on the 1st August, that year (1977) it happened to be "S" registration. My mum & dad were adamant my name had to begin with an "S"! xx

Sent from my iPhone 5S using SalonGeek mobile app

Elaine :) was christened Ellen (which I prefer) but always got Elaine.

Many if my cousins were also called Ellen but have different variations such as Eileen and Nellie!!

Causes me grief with formal forms such as drivers licence and passport!!

Elaine :) was christened Ellen (which I prefer) but always got Elaine.

Many if my cousins were also called Ellen but have different variations such as Eileen and Nellie!!

Causes me grief with formal forms such as drivers licence and passport!!

Yay same name :p

My name is Lucia pronounced loo-sha i dont know what it means but put it this way my mum was on her her honeymoon in st lucia when i was conceived! !! Great! Lol x

I'm not telling!!

I hate my first name. Always have. It is old fashioned and 70% of people pronounce it incorrectly. Even my clients who I have seen for a decade, and have corrected, still get it wrong!

When I was younger people always said they had an old aunt or grandma with the same name. My parents were evil. I like my middle name though, which is Louise. I really should have swapped them round years ago but it's too late now.

I hate my name - Samantha
(in essex pronounced Sam-an-ferr)
Just checked google and the meaning for my name in the urban dictionary came up as this lmao:
Samantha
Usually a name for a person that is a walking Goddess. Gorgeous to the maximum, fun to talk to, easy to befriend with a sexy booty. Often pulls off the innocent act but she gets around.
Damn, that Samantha is too cute for words.

😂xx

My moms only 52 and her name is dorothy. She resents her mom! Shes so young and trendy her nane does not match her personality at all. She feels your pain mobile manicure

Kind Regards,
Ellis @EHB

My names Fay I think it means fairy & faith? Everyone spells it Faye though which really bugs me! It's my mums middle name I was going to be Sophie but when I was born I didn't look like a Sophie so they called me Fay! Xxxx

I'm Angela. Not Ange, and not Angie..! Though plenty of people presume and shorten my name without permission..!

Angela means angel, or messenger.

My middle name is Claire, which is French for light.

So you could say I'm an angel of enlightenment...!! Or not..!

Anne - gracious, favoured one! :biggrin:

I'm Laura the laurel tree... how boring! Mind you beats people singing "tell Laura I love her"... I had very embarrassing history and English teachers!

My boys names Maxim and Samuel mean the greatest (roman) and god has heard (Hebrew). I remember telling my husband I didn't want any biblical names like Matthew and Luke- what a plank eh- Samuel couldn't get much more biblical if it tried. I did love the name Noah but Samuel and Noah would have been a step to far, we'd have had to call the dog Jesus at that rate ;) I did read once that Maxim meant large man parts in Russian!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back