Your name thread!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elaine Armani

Reaction score
Hi Geeks :)
What are your names?
What's the origin, meaning and how is it pronounced?
Who named you and why?

Here goes mine:
My names Elaine, it's pronounced Eh-lane.
My mother named me after my grandmother :)
My christian name is Helen, the origin of my name is Greek and the meaning is a shining light or a sun ray!

Xx

Hi Geeks :)
What are your names?
What's the origin, meaning and how is it pronounced?
Who named you and why?

Xx

My name is Sarah with a H ☺️
It means princess, not sure about the origin!
And my dad named me after the singer thin lizzy's daughter, he had a song called my Sarah which I used to hate now I love lol! X

My name is Sarah with a H ☺️
It means princess, not sure about the origin!
And my dad named me after the singer thin lizzy's daughter, he had a song called my Sarah which I used to hate now I love lol! X

I'm also Sarah and my dad picked it because it means princess. I believe it's hebrew!!

Edit. I looooove the thin lizzy song!!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Mine is Ashley, my mum liked the name and once said something about gone with the wind, not sure if that's where she first heard it or was referring to someone else called Ashley!?

From an English surname which was originally derived from place names meaning "ash tree clearing", from Old English æsc and leah. Until the 1960s it was more commonly given to boys in the United States, but it is now most often used on girls.

I hated it growing up as it was a boys name but I like it now!

My name is Robyn, pronounced 'Robin' (might sound like im stating the obvious but you have no idea how many people struggle when they see it written down...) im from Essex and have no Welsh family although loads of people ask me if i AM Welsh.
Im pretty sure my dad named me just because he liked it and also because he wanted to make it nearly impossible for me to find a keyring with my name on!! :)

I'm Victoria Alexandra Anastasia (pronounced anna sta seea)

Victoria is the Latin word for 'victory' or 'conquer' and is used as the feminine form corresponding to the name Victor.

Alexandra from the Greek Alexandros
Meaning"Defender, protector of man".

Anastasia
Greek Meaning Resurrection

My mum is also Alexandra.
And the Anastasia is my Greek baptism name.
Hence the Greek business name Aphrodite x

In it's native Greek
Βικτώρια Αλεξάνδρα Αναστασία

Ps try spelling that lot at school when your 5!!!

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
Mine is Lila pronounced lee la
My mum and dad chose it.
Been told different meanings and origins so not 100% sure xx

My name is Victoria Pronounced Vic-toor-ree-ah ;)
Or Vixx for short.

Meaning; Victoria is the Latin word for 'victory' or 'conquer' and is used as the feminine form corresponding to the name Victor.

I've no real idea how I came to be named but I think my Nana had a hand in it :)

I love my name and always write Victoria if put my name on anything.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

My name is Katharine pronounced ka-ta-reen-ah (it's got an acute accent over the e but I don't know how to do it on my phone) no one knows how to pronounce it so I stick to Katie which I much prefer. :) Its the German variation on Catherine which means pure. My middle name is Sarah so I'm a pure princess XD

My name is Katharine pronounced ka-ta-reen-ah (it's got an acute accent over the e but I don't know how to do it on my phone)
Hold down the E button and it should give you other options with accents etc ie ēêëéè

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Rebecca, not gonna sound it out haha! Not exactly sure what it means but I despise it! My mum chose it because it's biblical and we also have *apparently* famous ancestors with that name 😂 xxx

My name is Siorcha....pronounced seer-sha, gotta love those Irish name spellings lol

My name isn't really mine. I was adopted and my adoptive parents had had a failed adoption previously. They gave me the name they gave the first child.

Nicola May, I was going to be Laura if I was a girl or Nicholas if I was a boy, my welsh Dad wanted to call me Myfanwy so in the end they agreed Nicola lol. I often wonder if my life would of been different if my Dad won. May is a family tradition that the first born girl has the middle name May so my Mum and her aunt and various cousins have the middle name May after my great nan Florance May. I just googled this next bit, Nicola is an Italian boys name derived from the Greek name Nikos meaning victory. It was mistakenly thought to be a girls name by people in the UK due to the a on the end being feminine. Well done Mum on giving me a boys maybe you should of gone with Myfanwy lol.

Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

My name means industrious, striving, hard working ;)

Emily was my Nan's middle name.

Xxx

My name is Francine - it means " free"

I also found the following :

"People with this name have a deep inner desire for a stable, loving family or community, and a need to work with others and to be appreciated.

They are excellent at analyzing, understanding, and learning. They tend to be mystics, philosophers, scholars, and teachers. Because they live so much in the mind, they tend to be quiet and introspective, and are usually introverts. When presented with issues, they will see the larger picture. Their solitary thoughtfulness and analysis of people and world events may make them seem aloof, and sometimes even melancholy."

Sounds absolutely nothing like me - I was meant to be called Georgina / so may have to check that out lol

I'm Amy which is Latin and means beloved. I was going to be Emily after my nan however she hated the name and always went by her middle name Florence or Florrie so asked my parents not to name me after her and when I was born I looked like an Amy apparently.
My middle name is Elisabeth which is Hebrew and means 'God Is My Oath'. Both me and my sister where names after queens as my sister is Victoria. Elisabeth is with an S not a Z as when my dad went to register my birth he waited to see how the registrar spelt it and said no I want the other way cos he's a pain like that lol! It's a bit annoying though as it always gets spelt wrong!

My name is Laura

And it means something to do with laurel trees in Latin. Yes a tree. Not as nice as a princess haha.

My parents named me. They must just have liked the name, my middle name is Elizabeth, named after my nannans 😀

Laura xx

My name isn't really mine. I was adopted and my adoptive parents had had a failed adoption previously. They gave me the name they gave the first child.

Now that has really caught me :(

Latest posts

Back