Your name thread!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sarah too! :) a very popular, pretty name if I may say so!!! Mum wanted to call me Sky but dad didnt like it. Both my parents are Scottish and middle name Joan after my dads mum and surname Campbell.
Could be worse :eek: x

My name is Victoria Pronounced Vic-toor-ree-ah ;)
Or Vixx for short.

Meaning; Victoria is the Latin word for 'victory' or 'conquer' and is used as the feminine form corresponding to the name Victor.

I've no real idea how I came to be named but I think my Nana had a hand in it :)

I love my name and always write Victoria if put my name on anything.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Another Victoria here, but Vicky at work and Kiki at home!

I'm Kimberley - I think it means royal one or royal garden or something.....

Mum wanted to call me Kim but my gran said it's not a proper name and to call me Laura, so I'm Kimberley Laura lol.

My name is Helen
I am a twin and my parents decided that the first one born was going to be Helen and the second was going to be Tracey. Thank goodness they changed their minds when my sister popped out first and she got the short straw! ( and her best friend was called Sharon at school!)
:eek:

Hi.

My full name is Coral Vanessa Bevan.
I get called Vanessa purely because my mum is called Coral. It was my dads silly idea. (It wouldn't of worked as I got older :) )
Vanessa means butterfly and Coral means the ocean.

Xx

Stephiebaby has already described the meaning :)

My Dad is called Stephen & they both agreed on it, after my Mum wanted Lauren or Laura (Ive got a few friends called Laura so glad that wasn't picked) & my Dads choice... Mercedes!

My Dad has since re married & had two other daughters who he has tried to call Mercedes but hasn't succeeded!

Xx

Another Sarah here so another princess :) my middle name is Mari (which I've spent most of my life telling people it is not Marie!) it's the Welsh version of Mary x

Mine is Meira pronounced Meh-ear-ra although everyone says it differently. It's of Hebrew origin meaning 'light' xx

we'd have had to call the dog Jesus at that rate ;)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've just spat my cuppa out laughing! Love it!! X

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Mine is Aisha, pronounced I-ee-sha. It means Life or alive. It's an Arabic name, one of their most popular names as it was the prophet Muhammad's favourite wife.

My middle name is Simone.

Xxx

My name is Rachel... Everyone spells it Rachael which really annoyed me when I was little! It means lamb... And it's a German name .. I'm not German. And it's a biblical name too! Most people call me Rae. My dad was going to call
Me Christal D: that would have been awful!

That's why you'll rarely see it in capitals. I was a second hand baby with a second hand name.
It's had far reaching emotional consequences.

This has touched me... I was adopted too but when I was a bit older so I have the same name still.

My name is Amanda, it means worthy of love! Funny enough no has ever called me Mandy!

And to spooky I LOVE the name Sky, I like your mums style 😄

Amanda xx

Mine is Aisha, pronounced I-ee-sha. It means Life or alive. It's an Arabic name, one of their most popular names as it was the prophet Muhammad's favourite wife.

My middle name is Simone.

Xxx

I love the name Aisha lucky you x

My name is Marijka pronounced Marayka rhymes with Jamaica. My mum named me originally my name was Kia but she changed it the day after I was born. It's Dutch & means Mary. I hate the name lol people can never pronounce it & they think I'm foreign . My brothers & sisters have normal names I just tell people my parents didn't like me to give me such a awful name. I know the name is also popular in South Africa but the pronunciation is different both have a silent j but they pronounce it Mar iy ka

Last edited:
My name is Danielle. Pronounced Dan-yell. I was named afyer my dad (Daniel). It doesnt have a meaning, it always just says in the baby books that its the female version of Daniel. My second name is Mary same as my gran. Been called: Dani, Ellie, Elle, Dansmell and smelly danielly. My parents came up with the last two nicknames xxx

Sent from my GT-I8190 using SalonGeek mobile app

My name is Katharine pronounced ka-ta-reen-ah (it's got an acute accent over the e but I don't know how to do it on my phone) no one knows how to pronounce it so I stick to Katie which I much prefer. :) Its the German variation on Catherine which means pure. My middle name is Sarah so I'm a pure princess XD

How strange I'm a Catherine Sarah too!

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Latest posts

Back