Your opinion on this pedicure chair, please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwissSassy

Pédicure Diplômée - Pédi Suisse
Reaction score
Hello geeks,

I'm considering buying this chair for pedicure treatments, if anyone can give me their opinions or experience of this type of chair I would be very grateful.

Many thanks,
Saskia

Attachments

• fusspflegeliege_425_FS_JH_17.jpg
    fusspflegeliege_425_FS_JH_17.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 2,253
I don't have any experience of this chair but it looks very professional and comfortable. I would gladly have a pedicure sat in this relaxing chair x

Hi, I toyed with buying the same one but didn't think I would have enough room to house it.

Do you not think it looks very clinical - like it belongs in a hospital?

Personally i dont like it because it looks to clinical maibe not comfortable for the client. just my opinion.

Thanks for replying, I agree that it's not the most beautiful chair but I'm finding it really hard to come up with something professional, comfortable and nice to look at! Oh, and affordable... Any suggestions for an alternative?

I know what you mean, I had the same problem...

I have ended up buying a normal chair and a pedi stool and foot rest x

In my friends salon, she uses one of those breastfeeding chairs, the wooden ones with really comfy cushions on, and it comes with a footstool too, just get one that isnt on rockers :) its really comfortable and everybody comments on it xx

I've used one of these in a salon/ spa I worked in. They weigh an absolute ton so if you have to manoeuvre it it's a pain. They don't lie flat so you can't use it for all treatments. It was handy for pedicures but it was cumbersome and as others have said not the nicest thing to look at.

Why don't you see if you can buy a 2nd hand electric couch that goes into the sitting position so you can use for all of your treatments? That's what I did. I got an absolute bargain though it took time and patience.

I've used one of these in a salon/ spa I worked in. They weigh an absolute ton so if you have to manoeuvre it it's a pain. They don't lie flat so you can't use it for all treatments. It was handy for pedicures but it was cumbersome and as others have said not the nicest thing to look at.

Why don't you see if you can buy a 2nd hand electric couch that goes into the sitting position so you can use for all of your treatments? That's what I did. I got an absolute bargain though it took time and patience.

Thanks for your suggestion BABSann. I looked at couches but since I only do nails and no other treatments I think that the seperated leg parts makes doing pedicures much easier and would prefer this. Am I right?

OOh, so difficult. Nicely designed chairs that don't look like something out of a hospital cost zillions!

In my friends salon, she uses one of those breastfeeding chairs, the wooden ones with really comfy cushions on, and it comes with a footstool too, just get one that isnt on rockers :) its really comfortable and everybody comments on it xx

Thanks for the suggestion, I will look into that!

Thanks for your suggestion BABSann. I looked at couches but since I only do nails and no other treatments I think that the seperated leg parts makes doing pedicures much easier and would prefer this. Am I right?

OOh, so difficult. Nicely designed chairs that don't look like something out of a hospital cost zillions!

Ah I see, sorry I should've read what treatments you do first. The only thing I will say is remember to take the leg rests off if you're doing a manicure. I had a few incidents with them flying up as I pushed the manicure table forward and catching the pedal on the side of the chair.

It would've been funny as a comedy sketch, as I desperately tried to free up my clients legs.:o

The spa I worked in had several treatment rooms and one of them was purely for manicures, pedis, tinting and face waxing. All of which we used the chair for. The space was very ltd in that particular room so we had to manoeuvre things if we had several treatments on the same client.

Anyway, as I said, the chairs a good chair, just extremely heavy and cumbersome and don't forget to remove the leg pieces or keep the desk firmly away from the pedal or you will be in the same situation. Lol.

[QUOTE=Nails
I to use the same all my clients comment on how comfy it is! X

Nails I to use the same all my clients comment on how comfy it is! X[/quote said:
It's lovely isn't it and so cheap. Fits perfectly into my room also, I didn't need anything technical etc so it's perfect for me.

Hello geeks,

I'm considering buying this chair for pedicure treatments, if anyone can give me their opinions or experience of this type of chair I would be very grateful.

Many thanks,
Saskia

I have almost the same chair. Very happy .. Clients love it. I bought a pillow for the back. My chair is expanded horizontally. Very convenient for eyelash extension))))

Thanks again for all the suggestions, really appreciated :)

Regarding the different Ikea chairs, I definitely read on here from several posters in a similar thread that the Ikea chairs are too low and backbreakers (just spent half an hour trying to find the posts back but no success). I suppose it's personal preference but I will go and check them out as you are so positive about them.

And BABSann, thanks for the advice about the misshaps! :lol:

Latest posts

Back