Your own nails!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulette

Reaction score
Is it only me....but to find the time to do my own nails Im always rebalancing them at obscure times and mainly late at night!!
For instance tonight they were desperate so I have to do them in stages as I have a little one.
I file first this can be around 6pm after her dinner, then I put her to bed and then can carry on...but as I watch tv on a sat night it always takes me ages and Im still finishing them off after 11pm!! pmsl.....and if im really tired I have even been known to go to bed and actually finish them sun morning!!!
Now own up who else does this or is it only me??!!

Hi,

Same here be time i hvae done every thing i need to do, it takes me like two days to complete my nails.

Hayley

Yep i'm guilty too, I find if I do mine in stages they always turn out better? prob cos I take more time rather than rushing to get them all done and finished in one go!! need to try and get them done for wednesday though!!

I was the exact same way I was spending at least an hour every week on my enhancements as I had to have them perfect all the time! Being new at it, everything needed to be fixed or played with in some way shape or form.
For me the whole point of having nails on was to NOT fuss with them. So I have taken them off in December and had terrible thin weak nails. They are nice and strong now, and I polish every 5-6 days unless it's a french then I may remove and do them sooner. It takes me like 20 minutes with nail art!

I know others that can wear them up to 6 weeks and no problems, why wasn't I so lucky,,,probably improper technique!

I still prefer my natural nails to enhanced nails anyday!

aj

I do this all the time. I did mine on wednesday night and didnt start them till 11pm. I am a total night owl though but there just doesnt seem enough hours in the day

yes i always do this i have been known to stay up till 3am finishing my nails off and then the next day ill think "i dont like these , they look rubbish" lol

I'm guilty....I've stayed up way to late finishing them....I've even went to bed without filing all kinds of lint stuck to them :o I've also woke up with tiny scratches everywhere, look like I got in a cat fight ! :eek: LOL I know know to at leased get the shine and sharp edges off .....
Melissa

I have been known to start mine at 11 pm and yes when I wake up in the morning and look at them I think the time could have been put to better use - as in sleeping !!

Laura x

i'm really happy that i'm not the only one that does this!!!!!! and half the time i wish i hadn't wasted my time on them... i think i go cross eyed at nite.:irked:

funny how morning light makes lovely-late-nite-nails look like crap, huh??

I usually just do one hand at a time. I'm stupid though cause I always say I am going to do my hard hand (right) first and never do.:irked:

me too, at moment I have one hand on and one hand natural, its just fitting them in between family and clients, its sad really as they are your best advertisement

Latest posts

Back