Your thoughts about underwear being worn when coming in for a massage?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adventuregirl

Reaction score
Essential or not? Good etiquette?

I ask as I had a male client book in for a full body massage and, when I explained to him to make himself comfortable 'go down to your underwear' etc, he replied "oh, well, that might be a problem.....I don't have underwear on".

So I said that was fine, just to cover himself over, as normal, and got on with it.

There was no sleaziness, and he was a nice enough guy, but when I told my OH, he was a bit concerned.

I guess I am too, otherwise I wouldn't be posting. I appreciate that some people choose not to wear underwear, and that's fine, but is it an unspoken rule that you should wear it if you are going to get a massage and wear it unless advised otherwise?

The other side of things is sports massage/deep tissue, I figure that in some cases underwear should be removed?

Please don't shoot me down if you disagree - I'm asking for your opinion, not saying I'm right and anything else is wrong, you understand?

I prefer no underwear for massage male and female.You cannot get right into their muscles with underwear on just position your towels in an appropriate manner.

For me its really down to what the client feels comfortable with. If I have a massage I feel more comfortable without but to be covered with towels. With good towel management it's fine to massage a naked client and keep them covered at all times whilst providing a professional service. But at the end if the day we are all individual and some people don't feel comfortable with that so I guess you need to decide on what you prefer and what you are happy with. Jack

I like to keep knickers on me, but then have had a massage where they have tucked the towel into my high cut knickers and had my lower back ignored. I always tuck the towel in and take right down if the client is wearing undies. I have only one lady who just takes everything off, and thats fine. I had one chap many years ago who took everything off, then wrapped the towel tightly round himself and so I got a bit of an eyeful when unwrapping him, but like the OP, no unpleasantness, just nakedness lol!!!

Hi All

I get the occasional client's from France both male and female - and they do remove their underwear apparently it's the norm in France - nothing sleazy just the way they are used to - but luckily I have always used the towel to cover them up properly!

I also get a lot of clients from France and generally they take everything off, I had a full on 5 minute conversation with a client last week after a massage and she was starkers, she just casually stood there asking me about the best local supermarkets, good places to eat, whilst I pretended like that was quite normal and tried my best to maintain eye contact ; ) For me it makes no difference what so ever, take it as a compliment that some one feels comfortable enough with you to get down to their nuddy pants.

I also get a lot of clients from France and generally they take everything off, I had a full on 5 minute conversation with a client last week after a massage and she was starkers, she just casually stood there asking me about the best local supermarkets, good places to eat, whilst I pretended like that was quite normal and tried my best to maintain eye contact ; ) For me it makes no difference what so ever, take it as a compliment that some one feels comfortable enough with you to get down to their nuddy pants.

"nuddy pants" made me lol, I like that x

All of my clients wear their knickers and some their bras, if I were doing men I would request that they wear some underwear as well for my comfort not theirs! lol

Latest posts

Back