Your thoughts on the new SIENNA X exfoliator?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

siennax1

Reaction score
Hi everyone, just a quick message as I'm wandering what you think of the new Sienna x exfoliator? I prefer the old one and it used to lather up lovely

Ive not got it in yet, but am looking at getting the whole new range, so I will be interested in what other people are saying on this. It is all suposed to be improved formulas. If they are containing more natural ingredients then the lather factor would drop, in my experience.

Sorry that doesnt answer your question but I too will be interested in the replies.

xx

Ive not got it in yet, but am looking at getting the whole new range, so I will be interested in what other people are saying on this. It is all suposed to be improved formulas. If they are containing more natural ingredients then the lather factor would drop, in my experience.

Sorry that doesnt answer your question but I too will be interested in the replies.

xx

Good on Sienna X I say! Lather = BAD! Lather = SLS & SLES. These are good at removing tan, but are not so nice on our skin.

Ideally whether we tan or not we should avoid soaps that lather and foam, it dosn't make us any cleaner lol!

Kate x

I think its really nice, smells lovely!!! and the packaging is really attractive.
do agree with the above coments though.
Sara X

Well I've just used it again and I still prefer the old sienna x exfoliator. The packaging is so much better I agree, but I felt that it didn't give me a good old scrub and had to use my mittens to exfoliate.
uuummmm............ Maybe I'm worrying tooo much

Good on Sienna X I say! Lather = BAD! Lather = SLS & SLES. These are good at removing tan, but are not so nice on our skin.

Ideally whether we tan or not we should avoid soaps that lather and foam, it dosn't make us any cleaner lol!

Kate x

Sorry I'm confused! :lol: I mean the sienna x 'old' exfoliator lathered up lovely which I prefer and my cients loved it x

Have to say I totally agree with you. The new one doesn't make you feel like you've actually exfoliated, you don't feel that you've had a good old scrub!:lol: I love the smell of it and think it's OK but they need more bits in there to make you feel that it has done the job.

Thanks for your comments on our new retails products.

We have now cut out any parabens from our retail range so because there is no longer any sls in the range you wont get that masses of lather that you would have got with the old rought it up scrub.

We have included walnut shell powder (which is ok for those of us with nut allergies as it is the shell powder and not the nut), the powder in the scrub produces a fine sand like scrub, the black bits you see in the scrub are in fact kiwi seeds for that extra bit of scrubby oooomph!

If you like a gel based exfoliant, i would suggest maybe using our new paraben free face and body wash (that smells of yummy lemongrass and ginger) with a loofah mit or one of those stretch exfoliating gloves.

Remember that the new gradual tanner contains cellulite busting ingredients theobroma and guarana, to stimulate and firm.

V x

I also much much preferred the old exfoliator, it made tans come off really evenly once the time came to give them a scrub off I don't feel like the new one does anything, I will see what my clients think!

x

hi i tried the sienna (exotically rich body n face wash) this morning for market research reasons !! the stuff in the pump bottle its lovely i love the lemongrass and ginger fragrance and i had a shave in it my skin feels great
The price was a little more than i would normally spend on lynx shower gell :)
It was really lovely stuff but i found it hard to get out of the bottle the pump action and tiny nozzle left a small amount that wasnt enough for my needs
and i didnt like the pink packaging
GREAT PRODUCT BUT I DIDNT LIKE THE DISPENSOR
if it was in neutral packaging not bright pink and i could get a palm full i think i would actually buy this again :eek::eek:

and i didnt like the pink packaging
GREAT PRODUCT BUT I DIDNT LIKE THE DISPENSOR
if it was in neutral packaging not bright pink

I understand that the retail products all come in a choice of either pink or brown packaging.:)

Interestingly had a client mention to me last night (without me saying anything) that they preferred the old exfoliator as this new one in her words 'wasn't scrubby enough' for her! Alhtough she did say that she loved the smell and the fact that there is no SLS in it - so maybe it just needs some more scrubby bits and then it'd be fine?

Poor Sienna X - they've probably spent ages reformulating all of the prods only for us to start pulling them apart!

oh i wasnt aware it comes in brown as well
the salon/sunbed shop i bought it from is mainly used by women and she only had the pink ones on display she obviously preferred that colour and only had pink in stock

oh i wasnt aware it comes in brown as well
the salon/sunbed shop i bought it from is mainly used by women and she only had the pink ones on display she obviously preferred that colour and only had pink in stock

:lol: OK it's supposed to be BRONZE...not brown :lol::lol::lol:

It matches the bronze pop-up cubicles - all retail products are available in the pink or bronze!

As a Distributor I'm going to appear biased.....sorry about that:lol:...but I like the new exfoliator better - less lather - less perfume!

I also find that I use a little bit more that with the old one, but it's a small price to pay!

:lol: OK it's supposed to be BRONZE...not brown :lol::lol::lol:

It matches the bronze pop-up cubicles - all retail products are available in the pink or bronze!

As a Distributor I'm going to appear biased.....sorry about that:lol:...but I like the new exfoliator better - less lather - less perfume!

I also find that I use a little bit more that with the old one, but it's a small price to pay!

I'm not sure whether or not to get my clients to use a mitten to exfoliate first, then go over with the sienna x exfoliator as I worry they wont get a good enough srub from it:eek: :eek: :eek:

Latest posts

Back