Your welcome to the forum

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

six

Reaction score
Did you feel a part of the forum when you arrived here & able to jump right in or did you struggle a bit ?

Hi honey, it took me a little while to find my feet - I think that's just me though. :hug:

Everyone is really kind and helpful, so welcome to no life outside your computer:lol:

Great question. To be honest it takes a while to get the feel of the site and get to know fellow geeks, it took me a while to feel at home and I still sometimes don't answer a thread for fear of not putting the right thing, I done this tonight with a thread in the nail geek.

However, I have made some great friends through this site and the the advice offered is invaluable. :)

I just jumped straight in
I have been a member for quite a few years
I don't get as much time to join in nowdays thoughnas I am very busy what with one thing or another

Rubyx

i felt like outsider for while, although i dont know why lol, cos everybody made me feel welcome and ive made some lovley friends, but as already said, sometimes i wanna post but dont in case i put wrong thing lol

i stayed on outside just observing and reading for few weeks before i posted lol, then once i started i was addicted, i think i need to learn i have another life outside of geekworld

great thread hun xxx

i felt like outsider for while, although i dont know why lol, cos everybody made me feel welcome and ive made some lovley friends, but as already said, sometimes i wanna post but dont in case i put wrong thing lol

i stayed on outside just observing and reading for few weeks before i posted lol, then once i started i was addicted, i think i need to learn i have another life outside of geekworld

great thread hun xxx

Same as. I lurked for months before getting involved but then I'm very shy and retiring.:green:
My broadband at home isn't working, so I can't geek at weekends. It's like my right arm's been cut off.:irked:

i felt a bit out of my depth when i first joined as i didnt know ANYTHING :eek:

But the geeks are a friendly bunch and it didnt take long to feel right at home:hug:

Did you feel a part of the forum when you arrived here & able to jump right in or did you struggle a bit ?

I jumped straight and in sometimes still.

For me its the only way to get on is get stuck in. :lol:

I felt as if I was lurking on the boards reading and not contributing......this did not last very long. I luv this board now and the geeks are a flippin fabby bunch. It is such a wealth of information and characters.
Sam

i lurked for a while, was scared as i didnt know nothing at all, when i joined though there was a lot less members so maybe now newbies feel a tad more nervous, because there are alot of us now.
my first post though was about lifting in zone 3 and geeg talked me through the whole thing and made me feel totally welcome, and i have been posting ever scince

I joined and posted within minutes,i was welcomed with open arms and that's one of the reasons i stuck around.

I would like to think i treat newbies in the same way but we all have our off days :D

i felt a bit out of my depth when i first joined as i didnt know ANYTHING :eek:
But the geeks are a friendly bunch and it didnt take long to feel right at home:hug:
I was the same Amber... it didn't take long for me to find my feet though lol

I remember Gigi asking me whereabouts in Spain I lived and said I must go down for coffee and to allow at least 6 hours...
I felt very welcome, we did do the coffee and it did last for ages LMAO

To be honest I cannot remember LOL.

To all those members who have said they dont like posting for fear of getting it wrong, I suggest you start posting, you will never know if you are getting it wrong until you tell us what it is.

I remember when Sassy joined, she talked about mould on the nail - this was corrected in a very nice way and she learned from that (hope she doesnt mind me telling you this LOL).

As long as you are the sort of person who will be happy to learn from mistakes and dont take the line that you are right, then this is such a fantastic learning tool.

Happy geeking!

I lurked for a couple of weeks once I had first found the site. Then once I joined I posted and I haven't stopped 'talking' since!!:lol:

Everyone, without exception, has made me feel welcome and always ready to offer support and advice.

I'm afraid I now have a terrible addiction........................................ :green:

great thread hun xxx

Its strange you should say that because i felt,and sometimes do feel left out...god knows why!:)

I just jumped in,the "tempestuous" one as my husband calls me...LOL

Sometimes now i try to be diplomatic with answers,but on the whole if im passionate about something i will voice my opinion!

Its good to know that when you feel "down" or want to have a chat,this is a really good forum,and now thinking about it,the support here is tremendous and you do get great advice from enthusiastic and passionate individuals in the same industry as you...

Great minds think alike...:hug::green:

:) I am a new geek for the first week I just watched and read, then there was an article that I wanted to reply , it took me a while then I got into it, I think my first post I put in the wrong place, so they gave me advice as to where it should go, they are really helpfull and everyone on here are really nice, all willing to give or receive advice, best thing I ever did. Just one complaint though, nothing in my house gets done now cause I am on here all the time, very addictive.

i lurked for a while

but now i am on here every day

I think I lurked for a while before joining and I was pretty scared the first time I replied to a thread and even more scared that nobody would respond when I started a thread, but all my fears were for nothing. Everyone is so nice on here.

I post replies to threads if I think I can add something new to it but if I think I can't I just lurk around that thread and learn from it.

Remember though that you may not always get the answer you want but you will get honest ones!

I lurked before lurking even existed. Hell, before this site even existed :D

Latest posts

Back