1 stone in 6 weeks, Help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlamourEyes11

Reaction score
Morning Geeks

I have just realised, I go on holiday next month.... 6 weeks time and I need to lose a stone!!!??

How can I do this? I'm not normally up for faddy diets, this time... I am! I need a quick fix. I don't have time to go to the gym as I am booked back to back in the evenings and it doesn't open early enough for me to go in the mornings as I start work at 8.

Help !!! :(

Yours sincerely

A miserable overweight geek
Haha

Xxx

Me too I go on the 9th sept and have a stone to loose, I've been dieting like crazy and doing davina mcall work out but the weights just not coming off!!!! Although I think I may of lost some inches.

Have you got the my fitness pal app? Of not its a good place to start, helps you set goals and keep on track. Theres a thread on here for it so you will have plenty of friends to encourage you. You say you dont have time for the gym, if you have a spare half hour in the mornings try couch to 5k, theres an app for that too.... Can you tell im too obsessed by technology btw haha xx

Sent from my ST25i using SalonGeek

30 day shred (20 mins a day at home) & watch what you eat, booze only once a week & it'll come off easily.

30 day shred (20 mins a day at home) & watch what you eat, booze only once a week & it'll come off easily.

What is 30 day shred?

Sent from my ST25i using SalonGeek

Detox diet an fitness bootcamp, I've just done a 4 week one an lost a stone an 17" all over :)

Get yourself a shrinking violet body wrap hun x

In oz we have body trim basically it's protien only first 3 days 100g for meals 50g for snacks eat every 3 hrs, at least 1 hr between snacks and meals but you can snack every hr. Then at day 4 add veg to lunch and dinner and carb to breakfast if you like ie one piece of toast but still must have 100g of protien. After 5 days you have a cheat day eat whatever you like day after a protien day. Each week after you have cheat day followed by protien only day. I lost 10kg in 3 weeks.

Hi

Ive just lost 13 & 1/2 lbs in 4 weeks doing weight watchers its my 5th weigh in this evening i think i might have lost another pound or two (fingers crossed). I lost 7.5 lbs in the first week and have lost between 1 - 3 per week since and will be quite happy if that's how it continues that way, just nice and steady. I just followed the plan and cut out junk food completely and the weight has just dropped off me, the best thing about it is I'm actually eating more now than I was before (just eating good healthy food now) and I am full of energy.

Best of luck with your diet, Lee-Anne

30 day shred is jillian micheals fitness dvd, that woman is pure evil!!!! i did it once and had to walk down the stairs sideways for 3 days after :lol: i'm a fan of mr motivators BLT, i hate mr motivator but his dvd is fun.

6 weeks is a long time, you can do it! look at everything you are eating, maybe try and keep a food diary for a few days, and see what you can swop for something else, full fat sauces for low fat sauces, side of chips for a side of salad, chocolate bar for a piece of fruit or nuts... also drinks, have lots of squash and water and cut down on other drinks. another good reason to keep a food diary is if i get hungry in the evening i look at my food diary and think... ooo i havent actually eaten that much today, i'll have something! or i think 'urgh!!! i'm a right porker!!!' and then it puts me off having something to eat.

good luck! :hug:

I'd need to saw my leg off.

Thanks so much everyone :) really appreciate all your help.
I'm thinking of the 30 day shred.... I like that pain after exercise, I get a kick out of it lol. Is it 20 mins every day or a couple of times a week?

Unfortunately I can't afford to sign up to any diets like the Dukan diet etc :(

I need to make a record of what I eat because I don't have breakfast and I don't have dinner on the evening very often as I'm too busy and dot get time, so I have lunch and then snack :(

At least I know 6 weeks is still a good amount of time to be able to do it. As last year I lost 3 stone in may - sept, so I know I can do it, but I wasn't doing my Mobile work then so was able to spend my life in the gym lol xxx

Eat breakfast! It's REALLY important.

I lost nearly 7 stones in 18 months about 10 years ago, and now I'm a real annoying gym bunny working out with Rugby League players and MMA fighters :)

And though I'm no expert, everything I've read, and been told, says that if you're looking to lose weight then your diet is MUCH more important than exercise (though clearly you have to do plenty of that too)

If you're relatively healthy and have no medical issues then during the next six weeks there's no reason why you can't work out 5 days a week. I know its a lot- but who hasn't got 20 mins a day? we might kid ourselves that we've not (and god knows I look for excuses not to do it) but it's certainly do-able.

Get hold of the free myfitnesspal app and record EVERYTHING....it's a real eye-opener for the amount of calories we're consuming minus the exercise we do.

It all comes down to one simple equation really, if you burn up more calories than you consume- you'll lose weight.

Last edited:
Eat breakfast! It's REALLY important.

I lost nearly 7 stones in 18 months about 10 years ago, and now I'm a real annoying gym bunny working out with Rugby League players and MMA fighters :)

And though I'm no expert by any means an expert, everything I've read, and been told, is that if you're looking to lose weight then your diet is MUCH more important than exercise (though clearly you have to do plenty of that too)

If you're relatively healthy and have no medical issues then during the next six weeks there's no reason why you can't work out 5 days a week. I know its a lot- but who hasn't got 20 mins a day? we might kid ourselves that we've not (and god knows I look for excuses not to do it) but it's certainly do-able.

Get hold of the free myfitnesspal app and record EVERYTHING....it's a real eye-opener for the amount of calories we're consuming minus the exercise we do.

It all comes down to one simple equation really, if you burn up more than you consume- you'll lose weight.

I agree with you... Everyone has a spare 20-30 mins a day, even if it means getting up early. If quite happily go to the gym for an hour in the morning before work, but it's not open :( so I just wanted to find an exercise that will be beneficial to me. I don't want to do something that won't work.

I will try and have breakfast (I just can't bring myself to eat that early... Makes me gagg, lol) I will do the 30 day shred (not sure how often it needs to be done, but if it's just a couple of times a week then I will go for a walk or jog on the rest days) xxx

There's LOADS you can do at home, and you don't even need any equipment. You can do dips from a chair for your arms, sit ups, press ups- allsorts!

Just have a look at body-weight exercises on YouTube- there's loads on there.

Write yourself a routine of 5 or 6 different exercises a day and add some cardio work as well- and you'll easily do it :)

Also- it's not always that useful to have an arbitary target like "losing a stone"- who say's it's a stone you need to lose?

Might it be best to find a top or some other piece of clothing you want to fit into instead?

Weight can be so vague, you have to bear in mind water retention and the fact that you might put a bit of muscle on which is heavier than fat- and having more muscle means you'll burn more calories as well- even when doing nothing!

Last edited:
30 day Shred is everyday for best results - also swap all your carbs for wholemeal & they will keep you fuller for longer!

I'm on day 1 of a 5 day baby food diet.

I'm usually anti fad diet but it's desperate times! hahaha

I've got a really important hospital appointment next Monday & need to shift another 4-5lb!

I'll let you know how I go, I've lost 20lb dieting the last few months (not eating baby food) using weightwatchers & my fitness pal & going to the gym.

Xx

I've only lost a couple of lb in the past month but have taken 2 photos a month apart & I've lost a fair few inches, I don't paticularly want to post it on here as im in my knickers & bra LOL & its not a very pretty sight just yet :eek: lol but I'm happy to pm you it so you can see what 4 weeks exercise can do, might give some motivation, pm me if any geeks wants it sending. xx

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back