19 new Shellac colours for 2013

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes I'm finding it with Grape Gum, quite see through, don't really want to be applying 3 coats!
Funny how they are all different when applying them, & why some shrink back & some don't!

Stephiebabys tip of doing 5 nails & before curing going over them with another very thin coat works, stops the shrinking & saves having to do 3 coats. Xx

Stephiebabys tip of doing 5 nails & before curing going over them with another very thin coat works, stops the shrinking & saves having to do 3 coats. Xx

Wouldn't that still be 3 coats though? xxxx

Wouldn't that still be 3 coats though? xxxx

Yes your right! Excuse me I'm obviously having a thick day today lol! 😊 You sort of just drag your brush back over the nails you've already done and it stops the shrinking. If you read a few posts back she explains it a lot better than me lol xx

Im not loving cake pop :(

I find it way too thick looking and im applying it as thin as possible bit it still looks way too heavy

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek

For colours you're not too keen on like this try putting them with other colours to soften them like beau or negligee or even moonlight & roses or do a glitter fade. I wasn't keen on cake pop once on the nail but did it with a silver holographic glitter fade and the 2 looked great together! :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

picture.php

cake pop and hearts for a wedding!

For colours you're not too keen on like this try putting them with other colours to soften them like beau or negligee or even moonlight & roses or do a glitter fade. I wasn't keen on cake pop once on the nail but did it with a silver holographic glitter fade and the 2 looked great together! :)

Cake pop looks amazing with grapefruit sparkle over and also silver VIP :)

Do you have a picture of that combination at all? Xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1367354482.985113.jpg
Cake pop layered with grapefruit sparkle.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1367354524.414126.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1367354524.414126.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 79,069
And the second pic is just cake pop.
(Which I'm sporting at the mo ;-)

Do you have a picture of that combination at all? Xx

The silver holo combo? I think I might have a picture of that one, will go off and check in a mo and come back ;)

I only have these 2 pics using cake pop on my phone. The silver holo one and the other done with ring finger design

y9y9a7eb.jpg

evy9y3yq.jpg

Hey there I am new to salon geek and now found it I love it especially this thread and all the pics. I was using Gelish and shellac but since the additives etc have come out love it with shellac as do my clients Just wanted to share that as I had the Harmony 18g I tried using it with shellac and it works beautifully Tried it on me for a few months to test and now use it on all my shellac Sooo quick and means one lamp for all !

Hey there I am new to salon geek and now found it I love it especially this thread and all the pics. I was using Gelish and shellac but since the additives etc have come out love it with shellac as do my clients Just wanted to share that as I had the Harmony 18g I tried using it with shellac and it works beautifully Tried it on me for a few months to test and now use it on all my shellac Sooo quick and means one lamp for all !

Hi PattiKim

Welcome to SG.

I am not sure if I understood your post correctly but I am afraid to inform you that regardless of whether Shellac LOOKS cured it will in fact not be unless you are using the old style Brisa lamp or new CND lamp. Only these lamps give the correct UV output to effectively cure the product.

If you are not doing so you risk service breakdown and allergic reactions.

Hi there

Thanks for your reply

I understand what you are saying but it works well, lasts and has no problems I was under the impression that CND are going to use LED and bring out a lamp?? All my shellac are new bottles, do you think they've changed the formula ready?? xx

Hi there

Thanks for your reply

I understand what you are saying but it works well, lasts and has no problems I was under the impression that CND are going to use LED and bring out a lamp?? All my shellac are new bottles, do you think they've changed the formula ready?? xx

Sorry, but you don't understand what anyone is saying if you are still trying to argue the point that you apparently know better than the R&D team at CND that developed their product to cure with their own lamp and no other.
And no, the Shellac formula is NOT changing to be LED lamp curable. CND are specifically designing a lamp with LED bulbs to cure the current Shellac formula. CND Shellac won't be curable in generic or other brand LED lamps, just as it is not correctly curable in other brand's UV lamps

It doesn't matter if it LOOKS cured it doesn't mean it actually is.

More to the point you will find you insurance invalid if you are not using the lamp that the manufacturer specifies.

Yes CND are bringing out an LED lamp but not until next year and who are we to know what kind of output will be required for a total cure. I know I wouldn't have a clue and I do not want to be playing games with my clients health or losing clients due to service breakdown.

Have a search on the threads, you wont find a single one condoning using another lamp and you will find a whole host of information that will prove invaluable.

Using the search function means we don't derail threads about something entirely different :)

Last edited:
Hi there

Thanks for your reply

Welcome to SalonGeek :) You will find this site to be an absolute wealth of information and an essential tool in your learning. I have learnt so much more since joining 2 years ago than I ever did in my original training, it's fabulous.

There are countless threads on here regarding UV lamps and most can get quite heated (no pun intended :D ) However without turning this into another thread debate as that's not what this particular thread is about, please maybe do a little search and read up on the questions and answers regarding lamps. Shellac is to be used as a whole system, NO other lamp correctly cures the Shellac other than the CND lamp or the vintage Brisa lamp. The nail may possibly behave as though there are no problems but how do you actually know that for sure? It could be on your clients next visit they develop an allergic reaction or perhaps their 10th visit. It is essential to use systems as they are intended. Don't put your clients at risk unnecessarily :hug:

Ok guys Thanks for the info Will go and do some more homework xx

I only have these 2 pics using cake pop on my phone. The silver holo one and the other done with ring finger design

y9y9a7eb.jpg

evy9y3yq.jpg

They're beautiful! Thanks for sharing :) xx

Loved lobster roll so much on my last set that I just had to use it again with a few additions...
Lobster roll, tropix and iced cappuccino with lemon sunshine and raspberry sizzle additives and a bit of salmon glitter. Oh and Blackpool, faux fur and pretty poison art... Well if you can call it art lol

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1367870701.838452.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1367870701.838452.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 1,198

Latest posts

Back