19 new Shellac colours for 2013

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so glad you said that Mrs Geek! I'm another one not really on board with the whole spring release before xmas. I've mentioned the release to all of my clients this week and they usually get really excited about new colours but they weren't interested at all in these. Didn't even ask to see pictures!

They'll be all over them come February but just now, they want glitter and snowmen!

I didn't budget for this release at all so I can't purchase just yet, but I'll grab the additives at the end of the week because they are ltd edition and I'm worried they will go before I've got them otherwise.

I'm all for being fashion forward but it takes all of a week to get a new nail art menu together not 3 months and I've never met a single client who plans what they're wearing on their nails for the next season before they've bought their spring wardrobe, everyday clients are a whole different world to the fashion/catwalk world so for me, this just doesn't fit.

Having said that I'm delighted that when the time is right, I'll now be able to get my hands on yellow, mint green and orange x

Here is another .. better colour I think

picture.php

There are some colours that are not my favourite when looking at the whole range, but oh my gosh! I can't wait to get home and play.

I think these additives are my favourite!

I agree with belle - it doesn't take 3 months to plan nails and art... BUT how many times have you read on here people wishing their lives away to get their hands on a new collection? Now we've got the chance, no one wants it. Fickle? :lol:

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

There are some colours that are not my favourite when looking at the whole range, but oh my gosh! I can't wait to get home and play.

I think these additives are my favourite!

I agree with belle - it doesn't take 3 months to plan nails and art... BUT how many times have you read on here people wishing their lives away to get their hands on a new collection? Now we've got the chance, no one wants it. Fickle? :lol:

No one wants it? Sales are telling a different tale! :biggrin: Can't wait to pick them up next week when I am home in the UK.

No one wants it? Sales are telling a different tale! :biggrin: Can't wait to pick them up next week when I am home in the UK.

I bought them myself!

I mean they're saying it's too early and they're not Christmassy when normally they're champing at the bit to get new releases.

I bought them myself!

I mean they're saying it's too early and they're not Christmassy when normally they're champing at the bit to get new releases.

I can understand it is a strange time for release, but Samantha has explained that decision beautifully in an earlier post and welcomes all feedback ... This is a CND decision to work along with fashion trends which are always early ... Many will wait until January to show to clients as I think we will do .. If we can manage it! Lol. Early is better than late right?

I think that's just us nail techs though, we're an impatient bunch and when something is limited edition it leaves us with not much choice if we don't want to miss out later on when we do need them. I don't think there will be many using these just yet though as clients are telling us they aren't interested. Maybe everyone will prove me wrong by going through bottles of it drawing yellow beaks on Xmas penguins, you never know!

My way of thinking is yes the clients probably won't want the colour this side of Christmas however I can think of several ways to use most of the colours within my Christmas designs. Additive wise I think these will be a huge hit as soon as they arrive. This additive release has me the most excited out of them all and I've got the lot!

With the new colours and additives I can actually see these drawing in regular clients and new ones in January too. They are going to want fresh, new and exciting colours and trends after all the reds and glitters over Christmas.

I'm extremely happy with my decision to buy them now and not wait. I had to juggle finances around to buy them but I know they will pay for themselves as soon as I start to post pics on facebook. My clients have already gone nuts over teasers I've been showing them over the past month.

Xx

Last edited:
I can understand it is a strange time for release, but Samantha has explained that decision beautifully in an earlier post and welcomes all feedback ... This is a CND decision to work along with fashion trends which are always early ... Many will wait until January to show to clients as I think we will do .. If we can manage it! Lol. Early is better than late right?

That's what I'm saying :)

I've got them; I'm delighted I've got them. I'm impatient, I like to have them early :) I won't be waiting for clients either, they're going straight out.

I am personally delighted to have them. Others are usually crying out for new colours and, now they have the opportunity, they are saying it's out of season. It made me laugh.

I love the the colours - I'm not thinking specifically pushing them for Xmas...but I've 'sowed the seed' by tempting my clients by sending out a newsletter - wording the 'new collection' coming soon...with muted soft colours you won't be able to resist!....and the picture of the colours..
Ive had 8 clients already email me asking, what's the soft green called, what's the yellow?, when will you have them.....hooked! lol
Works every time! :wink2:

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1386198720.576007.jpg
This is the sage Vinylux I love it :)

My clients chose the 3 I would have picked. The mint, yellow and orange. I think that might be it for me from this one which is a first.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Same as I ordered. :)

Now wishing I'd ordered Sage. Damnit. Knew this would happen. Haha.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Mines arriving anytime in the next hour EEeeeeeeekkkkkk!!!!!! Sooo pleased I order everything............as usual lol :D

Mines arriving anytime in the next hour EEeeeeeeekkkkkk!!!!!! Sooo pleased I order everything............as usual lol :D

An mine! So excited! I keep tracking the delivery man on my phone! Xxxxx

Aaaah they are here! The additives are sooooo gorgeous and dessert poppy is stunning too :)

Mine have arrived, but i have a client arriving in like 5 mins, so all i can at the moment is look at the box...................IT's TORTURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My manicurist complains of struggling with the curing of darker Shellac colours on the thumbs. I have had wrinkling on the thumbs every time I have had a dark colour applied. I am sure she is doing everything right, i.e. prepping the nails and curing for the right amount of time. Any advice?

Mine have just arrived. Love the additives. I ordered the sun bleached and the desert poppy. I think the yellow is going to be a bit of a challenge to create some nice effects with but love a challenge....

Latest posts

Back