1st and 2nd spray tans

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissConfused

Reaction score
hello

i know that spray tanning questions get asked constantly and i am all for searching, which i have done but found nothing but i'm guessing i've missed the post because surely i can't be the only person to ever ask this question :\

i am so so confused... if somebody wants regular spray tans how soon after the first spray tan should they have their 2nd spray tan ideally? is it possible to spray tan every thursday for eg or would that just not work at all? should i be telling clients to make sure they get all the original tan off before their next appointment or can you spray tan over a spray tan? does that make sense? any thing else i should be mentioning to clients who want to be tanned constantly? i feel so stupid :\

thank you for any advice in advance.

x

hello

i know that spray tanning questions get asked constantly and i am all for searching, which i have done but found nothing but i'm guessing i've missed the post because surely i can't be the only person to ever ask this question :\

i am so so confused... if somebody wants regular spray tans how soon after the first spray tan should they have their 2nd spray tan ideally? is it possible to spray tan every thursday for eg or would that just not work at all? should i be telling clients to make sure they get all the original tan off before their next appointment or can you spray tan over a spray tan? does that make sense? any thing else i should be mentioning to clients who want to be tanned constantly? i feel so stupid :\

thank you for any advice in advance.

x

In order to attain the best possible tan outcome it is best to ensure the previous tan has been completely removed from the skin giving you a new fresh blank canvas to work on...so that anything between 5-10 days dependent on the quality of solution used and of course the clients post tan care regime as well as there skin condition so it is difficult to put a definitive timescale on this.

Best to asses each customer...if a customer does everything he/she
should and has good skin then the gaps between spray tan application should be longer ...and vice verse of course.

Use the"is there any residue spray tan still on the skin " thought process to help guide you on individuals specific rotation times.

Some therapists offer a spray tan and a light wafting over 5 days later at a reduced cost..and then revert back to the full tan and then the wafting over.....seems to work for some and of course can encourage clients to come in on a more regular basis

HTH:hug:

The best rule of thumb

Hi,

I have some clients who have regular weekly tans.

I do find that it goes on better if they have got most of the old tan off, but I do whatever the client wants.

I advise them that it's best to leave it long enough for all the old tan to have worn off and every few weeks to leave it a little longer, say 10-14 days so that they get a 'fresh' tan and so I'm not going over the previous weeks tan.

If I have given all the right advice and they want to have a tan every 7 days then I do their tan every 7 days. If I don't someone else will is the way that I look at it! :D

In order to attain the best possible tan outcome it is best to ensure the previous tan has been completely removed from the skin giving you a new fresh blank canvas to work on...so that anything between 5-10 days dependent on the quality of solution used and of course the clients post tan care regime as well as there skin condition so it is difficult to put a definitive timescale on this.

Best to asses each customer...if a customer does everything he/she
should and has good skin then the gaps between spray tan application should be longer ...and vice verse of course.

Use the"is there any residue spray tan still on the skin " thought process to help guide you on individuals specific rotation times.

Some therapists offer a spray tan and a light wafting over 5 days later at a reduced cost..and then revert back to the full tan and then the wafting over.....seems to work for some and of course can encourage clients to come in on a more regular basis

HTH:hug:

The best rule of thumb

thank you for replying!! so basically you can't just keep topping a tan up with more tan so the client has a tan constantly? just advise clients to re book when all their previous tan has gone completely? have i read what you have said right?

i don't think i'd bother with 'wafting' (i assumed that was just a quick light spray, is that right?) - the amount of time it takes to drive to and from clients homes and set up aswell as sorting out child care it'd just not be worth the hasle for me to be honest. x

DHA, which is in all sunless solutions, will start to build layers which can eventually lead to the "oranging" look that no one really desires (or I would hope so).

We always recommend to apply 1 session, wait 7-10 days depending on the care your client gives themselves (tan extenders push the time longer into the 10Th day typically), then apply again once it wears off.

You could always offer additive sprays, anti aging, slimming solution, and shimmer drops in-between the spray tan if they want different treatments, ect.

Good luck!

-Michael Sjolie

Hi,

I have some clients who have regular weekly tans.

I do find that it goes on better if they have got most of the old tan off, but I do whatever the client wants.

I advise them that it's best to leave it long enough for all the old tan to have worn off and every few weeks to leave it a little longer, say 10-14 days so that they get a 'fresh' tan and so I'm not going over the previous weeks tan.

If I have given all the right advice and they want to have a tan every 7 days then I do their tan every 7 days. If I don't someone else will is the way that I look at it! :D

i wasn't sure if clients would end up two different colours you know because there was a colour on a colour and some parts of the skin would have no colour on because it had wore off kwim?

so stick to the rule of telling clients if they want to rebook to rebook when they feel their tan has worn off but mention that of course it's up to them, is that right?
x

DHA, which is in all sunless solutions, will start to build layers which can eventually lead to the "oranging" look that no one really desires (or I would hope so).

We always recommend to apply 1 session, wait 7-10 days depending on the care your client gives themselves (tan extenders push the time longer into the 10Th day typically), then apply again once it wears off.

You could always offer additive sprays, anti aging, slimming solution, and shimmer drops in-between the spray tan if they want different treatments, ect.

Good luck!

-Michael Sjolie

thank you for your reply! i def don't want people walking around with orange tans from me lol there'sso much pressure to get fake tans right - it's a huge walking advertisement! i always worry myself that i'll make somebody look terrible and they'll tell everybody and nobody will come to me again haha x

thank you for replying!! so basically you can't just keep topping a tan up with more tan so the client has a tan constantly? just advise clients to re book when all their previous tan has gone completely? have i read what you have said right?

i don't think i'd bother with 'wafting' (i assumed that was just a quick light spray, is that right?) - the amount of time it takes to drive to and from clients homes and set up aswell as sorting out child care it'd just not be worth the hasle for me to be honest. x

Its not worth the hassle, not a very good approach to have to clients needs. If you are mobile you are exactly that mobile and that is why clients book you. Wafting is a great way to achieve a light tan as said previously, It gives my clients confidence in my ability when I offer a range of diffrent tans and techniques not just spray and go iygwim.

I have clients whom I go to once a week and I will on occasions if I feel they need more time between next tan advise them to exfoliate and moistuise more for 10 days instead of 7 and if she wants she can pop over to mine if she feeling pale and I would waft over her upper body to give her a kinda glow, and I will usually do this for free, (got some very regular loyal clients whom I have had lots of business through) I see it as my little treat takes 5 mins if my tent up and next to nothing is solution, however makes my clients feel appreciated that I care.

It is to easy to think of your own needs, but if you think of your own needs before clients they will sense this and go elswhere:idea:

Just my opinion though:)

i wasn't sure if clients would end up two different colours you know because there was a colour on a colour and some parts of the skin would have no colour on because it had wore off kwim?

so stick to the rule of telling clients if they want to rebook to rebook when they feel their tan has worn off but mention that of course it's up to them, is that right?
x

I always leave it up to the client to tell me when they want to re-book. Some book for weeks in advance if they have a regular tan so that they secure the desired day/time slot.

If someone asks how often is safe to have a regular tan, I would advise them to see how long it takes for the tan to fade and then decide how often they want to have it. For some that's every 7 days for others its longer.

I also advise them to buy a tan extender to keep their tan looking good in between top up's

I do weekly tans on some clients, some because they want to be tanned all the time, others have it for their profession and because it's a requirement.

I've never had a problem with the tan going 2 different colours, usually after 7 days most of the old tan has worn and as long as they have exfoliated and followed to pre-tan prep I never seem to have a problem.

I do however advise them after a few weeks to leave it 10-14 days to ensure all the old tan is gone so I have a fresh base to apply the tan too as I don't want to get a build up of old tan and them to end up looking orange!

Latest posts

Back