1st comp practice with Entity

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sam1

Reaction score
1st practice for this year conditions weren't great but I want any suggestions. I've been offered a spot on the Entity team for the Sydney comp so I need to get as much practice as possible! thanks

The pic is a little fuzzy - or have i just been geeking too long tonight? Anyhow,its a bit tricky to see thoroughly

I don't know much about comp nails but I can see some gorgeous lines of light there Sam.
I'd like to see a better pic, more of a closeup. Congrats on being in the Entity team :D

The pic doesn't work for me at all :(

When I click it, I get taken to the Salongeek homepage!

just fixed it I tried to put a bigger pic in and it didn't like it

It is hard to give all round critique without piccies from different angles but from what I can see there are some lovely smiles and lines of light. The white on the middle finger on the right hand looks longer than the rest.

Can you submit piccies so that we can see the apex placement and perhaps a barrel shot.

Well done & good luck!

the whites could go a little longer for competition, though it does depend on the category. they look great though.

Great lines of light there Sam and smiles....some inconsistent but that can be sorted (hey like I'm an expert), I would say for comp nails as in Entity/EZFlow style if that's what you want to emulate, you need to go a lot squarer on the tip, like 90 degree angle scratch your face off with a sharp c curve.... yours are quite softly squared...also, the side walls taper in a bit, they need to be more parallel......I'm just going on areas where I needed improvement in the comp that I recently did.

As Sandi said other views would be really helpful! :hug:

So you're a convert Sam ? The demo day must have blown your socks off x

I agree with Cathie in regards to the "look" of Entity nails,especially on the comp circuit.

I can't offer better critique than has been given,but keep posting your practise sets and good luck with the comp !

I'm affraid you forgot to tick the boxes so there is no way to rate your work.
I do love these nail but here some thing you can improve:
- The consistency - The ring finger on the left hand has a smaller nail bed and a wider white compare to the others, also the indicator on the same hand shows a rounded shape compare to the others (these would hardly matter in salon nails, but these are ment for competition)
- Sidewalls - Not so easy to tell, would be better with diferent angles, but the sidewalls don't look as starit to me as they should, pehaps too much product in the apex? Keep you comp nail very thin and file very perperdiculary using the nail grooves as guideline for the sidewalls.
Again as i said they are very very good, keep up the good work!

Latest posts

Back