1st rebalance since training didn't go great!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrsR

Reaction score
Luckily it was a work colleague and luckily I am charging training prices but I didn't feel it went great, few things happened which I know whow to rectify but what happened that was wrong was:-

Thought I had new Hotshots in my case - I didn't so went through 4 used ones but still struggles so big lesson learnt there.

Cut my client for the first time! Huge lesson learnt there.

Didn't put enough product on zone 3 so when I went to file and shape the product on zone 3 was so thin it came away! Lesson learnt!

When I was filing the old product off in zone 2 I thought was a white spot of product so gentley (thank god) buff it out but it ended up like a small pin prick hole and bled ever so slightly ! I was horrified!

I know in training I found the rebalnce hard work and I think I will do until I do quite a few but didn't leave happy. My clint was happy though with them and has booked me for her birthday nails in 2 weeks time but they looked shoddy and I think as my clients eye sight isn't the best I got away with murder today. :cry:

I have learnt a lot today and will treat her in a couple of weeks to a mini arm and hand massage for her birthday but also as I feel guilty!

I thought was a white spot of product so gentley (thank god) buff it out but it ended up like a small pin prick hole and bled ever so slightly ! I was horrified!

sometimes those white spots are on/in the nail, gotta be careful with those, i have a little go at them, if they don't come off in a swipe or 2, those little buggars stay!!!!

the most important thing is ...... you are learning from your mistakes
keep on keeping on ... good luck

sometimes those white spots are on/in the nail, gotta be careful with those, i have a little go at them, if they don't come off in a swipe or 2, those little buggars stay!!!!

Thanks, huge lesson learnt.

Will this go bad under the L&P though?

Nikki,

One thing about life is we hopefully learn by our mistakes. You know what went wrong and you know how deal with it in the future.

Dont beat yourself up hun, you are doing fine.

One thing I have learnt is that lighting makes a huge difference. Make sure you have good lighting.

xxx

The thing is Nikki, you are doing all the right things, so dont worry!! Without exception, everyone goes through the same learning curve, and makes the same mistakes. What happens next is what separates the women from the girls because you then either a) Identify where you went wrong, why it went wrong, and learn how to overcome it or b) Think it doesnt matter, they look fine to the untrained eye, learn how to mask the errors rather than deal with them properly, and go through life thinking you're a fab tech who doesnt make mistakes.

As long as you fall into the first category, you're on the right tracks. Keep up to date with your education and critically analyse your work and you will do well.

Just as an afterthought, as long as you critically analyse your work with the intention of improving it, and not just to beat yourself up!!!!:lol:

p.s - just another thought. I recently found that I do much better with rebalances with the outblack files (padded 120/240 grit). Obviously you cant blame the tools, but I have found these files excellent to rebalance with.

p.s - just another thought. I recently found that I do much better with rebalances with the outblack files (padded 120/240 grit). Obviously you cant blame the tools, but I have found these files excellent to rebalance with.

Have to agree with this. I love padded files and buffers as they just seem to take away the tendency to push way too hard with a flat board. As you push on the board (sometimes a little hard when learning), you are pushing the padding, and not a rigid file into an unsuspecting nail.

The white bits may be the little damage knocks, nearly every one has them, they're the things people always say are due to a calcium deficiency (sp)!
They do no harm under an enhancement.

The more people you get through your hands the faster you learn.

We all have made mistakes and if you learn from them then they won't happen again. If you don't, then you become one of 'those' techs who just don't care.

It doesn't sound to me like you are one of those ones!! :hug:

We all have made mistakes and if you learn from them then they won't happen again. If you don't, then you become one of 'those' techs who just don't care.

It doesn't sound to me like you are one of those ones!! :hug:

Definately won't become one of them - I always strive for the best.:)

Nikki,

One thing I have learnt is that lighting makes a huge difference. Make sure you have good lighting.

xxx
Excellent ......RULE NUMBER 1
it stops you making excuses for quite a few mistakes.

If you can't see properly, whats the point in going any further?
It amazes me when I judge at comps, the poor lighting some people use.

Light gives you the ability to see (and if using the right lightbulb) provides heat in your immediate area to help product cure.

Latest posts

Back