20 minute lashes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have looked into the blink and go, and the various other companies offering this. At this stage it is def not for me. It goes against everything we are taught in semi-permanent lashes. In my humble opinion, it cheapens the service of lash extensions, and I can just see lots of problems arising from this type of application. If I remember correctly, there isnt even a requirement to be a qualified lash extensionist before embarking on the drop and go, (oops sorry blink and go :lol:) training. For those that want to go for it, great! I do think there is a need for a quicker lash extension service, so understand the "gap in the market" that has been "filled" by the companies. Having said that, once a client has a full set of lashes on, (which i agree is a 2 hr appointment in most cases) her infills are about 1/2 hr - 1 hr. Not far from the rapid services. I am more than happy to accept and welcome new concepts in all things, but, having looked into it, this kind of "drive through" lashing is a big red warning sign. However, it is still a new thing so maybe we will all be won over by it when no problems arise and all the clients are happy bunnies!:hug:

I totally agree with you, and like many others I am always the first to try and find out about new ideas that can and could make the application quicker, better, more cost effective for the therapist and/or client. Its all about finding new ways that might be an improvement on the "old", however i am a firm believer in only providing and supporting methods that are safe for both - the therapist and the client.

I think the main confusion on this "express" way of application comes from the contradiction that is caused by contrary postings and misleading information. This is totally independent of brand!!! and should be seen as such. It is simply the application method (no isolation, application with open eyes etc) that seems to be questioned not the brand or the fantastic idea and business plan behind it!

I totally agree with you, and like many others I am always the first to try and find out about new ideas that can and could make the application quicker, better, more cost effective for the therapist and/or client. Its all about finding new ways that might be an improvement on the "old", however i am a firm believer in only providing and supporting methods that are safe for both - the therapist and the client.

I think the main confusion on this "express" way of application comes from the contradiction that is caused by contrary postings and misleading information. This is totally independent of brand!!! and should be seen as such. It is simply the application method (no isolation, application with open eyes etc) that seems to be questioned not the brand or the fantastic idea and business plan behind it!

What contrary postings and misleading information would that be then? It has all been pretty clear to me.

And I THINK IT HAS BEEN AMPLY EXPLAINED AND PROVEN THAT THE METHOD AND MATERIALS USED ARE QUITE SAFE FOR THOSE WHO ARE TAUGHT THE CORRECT PROCEDURE. (Sorry for hitting the caps button). No one as responsible and with the training record and experience that Nouveau Lash has would be training an unsafe method.

I mean ... hurling yourself off the side of a bridge or precipice is a pretty questionable pastime if you don't use the right equipment and methods .. everything is. Riding a horse can be pretty dangerous without knowing how or tacking it up properly ...... and then there are those who can ride quite safely without a saddle etc. That is what education is for.

What contrary postings and misleading information would that be then? It has all been pretty clear to me.

Geeg if you go back to my other post you can see one example of contradictory information.

Nouvaeu Lash says you don't isolate. In Lash tech terms isolate means that you isolate one lash by itself so that you attach the synthetic ( or mink)to that lash and that lash alone.

Now in one of your posts, you say you separate the lashes. Ok so can you tell us what exactly you mean when you use the word 'separate' ? How is it different than isolate? This clarification would actually be helpful.

No one is being negative here. Please don't ASSUME we are feeling threatened that this procedure will 'take over', we are simply wanting clarification. Through our training and our work we understand the importance of isolating and lashing one lash at a time. Last week we had a gal come into our spa and she had her lashes done elsewhere and let me tell you, they were an absolute mess. Many lashes were stuck together. We had to do a complete removal.

You know what would help us better understand this procedure and clarify things is if someone could post a short video of the application.

Last edited:
Geeg if you go back to my other post you can see one example of contradictory information.

Nouvaeu Lash says you don't isolate. In Lash tech terms isolate means that you isolate one lash by itself so that you attach the synthetic ( or mink)to that lash and that lash alone.

Now in one of your posts, you say you separate. Ok so can you tell us what exactly you mean when you use the word 'separate' ? How is it different than isolate?

No one is being negative here. Please don't ASSUME we are feeling threatened that this procedure will 'take over', we are simply wanting clarification. Through our training and our work we understand the importance of isolating and lashing one lash at a time. Last week we had a gal come into our spa and she had her lashes done elsewhere and let me tell you, they were an absolute mess. Many lashes were stuck together. We had to do a complete removal.

You know what would help us better understand this procedure and clarify things is if someone could post a short video of the application.

I'm sure it would but ... Why would a company that is offering a training procedure as well as a whole franchise -type concept etc. provide you with a video of their procedures? You are in Canada are you not? Nouveau Lash are in the UK. Are you ever going to purchase a Blink & Go salon from Nouveau lash?? Why do they need to explain it to you? Why do I need to explain to you?

I've seen it, experienced it , had great results from it, and never experienced the slightest discomfort from it. It is possible to separate the lashes so you can get to ONE lash at a time without isolating it with tweezers.

I'm not being argumentative ... just wondering why on the www, Nouveau Lash should expose all their proprietery teaching techniques to you? They have experience .. the highest rep in the UK .. fab products and service and their customers TRUST them. I can see why you may not, but frankly .. that is immaterial. The followers will soon see that it is a successful concept and in their own time will follow along .. in the meantime, those with the trust and vision and passion will be the innovators and the founders and will do well.

Ok I've have alot to say right now but I think I'll just hold off because it's obvious where you're coming from. Anyone, no matter where they live geographically should really be free to ask whatever they wish. :eek:

Good luck with those lashes!

Ok I've have alot to say right now but I think I'll just hold off because it's obvious where you're coming from. Anyone, no matter where they live geographically should really be free to ask whatever they wish. :eek:

Good luck with those lashes!

Is it? Where's that then? :rolleyes:

Ask away .. but ask Nouveau Lash and not me. You can contact them here on the site. They have made themselves available. It is the smart thing to go to the source is it not?

mmmmmm..... contradictions made by the brand owner as well as its supposedly trained therapists.......and it shouldnt make a difference where someone is located to ask a simple question....ie UK, Canada, Europe, Australia......the answer of the brand or someone been trained sufficiently should be the same????????????

mmmmmm..... contradictions made by the brand owner as well as its supposedly trained therapists.......and it shouldnt make a difference where someone is located to ask a simple question....ie UK, Canada, Europe, Australia......the answer of the brand or someone been trained sufficiently should be the same????????????

mmmmmm ... Guess I don't see the contradictions you obviously want very badly to point out as being so obvious. That as well as the scantily veiled insults to me I think clearly show who has a motive behind their posts and it is not I. I'm not a competitor.

As I said, if you want training from Nouveau then .. ask away ... but ask Nouveau not me. I don't represent them but I certainly can speak for the treatment I have had .. which is what I have done. My 'supposed' training was excellent and I am enjoying doing lashes and people are enjoying having them done. No problems so far ... I'm happy.

Last edited:
OMG ive seen many a thread that goes pear shaped but this one truly takes the biscuit and is so full of so much non professional and unqualified discussion and contradiction its quiet frankly unbelievable.:rolleyes:

Its truly a shame that professionals cant discuss matters on a ...well erm ...professional basis without ego's blurring things.

If this were any other thread it would without a doubt been closed by now on the basis its going no where and getting somewhat personal and way off topic :hug:

As the manufacturer has already said themselves...they are addressing the problems...that are clearly there for any qualified or unqualified individual to see and no doubt they will in time :hug:.

Tap into the brand, the concept...but lets all remember were all singular participants in an industry which needs to retain its integrity on the various treatments it offers to the paying consumer who, in their own wright,time limitations or not,perceive they have ..well ...had and paid for a truly professional treatment :hug:

Anyone can compare this concept to whatever they wish....not relevant ...after all Sinclare though we would all be driving around in electric 3 wheeled cars while others laughed at the prospect of a man flying like a bird....comparing...well just isn't relevant :hug:

Therapists that are qualified within the profession they are..well qualified in ...don't seem to have been answered here with their general concerns other than having been shot down and hoodwinked into listening to conflicting information and "OMG praise the Lord a friend of mine had this done and she thinks its marvelous"

There also seems to be considerable editing going on which is most unusual and further confuses matters so in conclusion ... really this thread is basically gone well past its due date and seems to be non productive now to anyone that has a modicum of intelligence about them.:eek:

Sorry but...this shouldn't continue any further...unless of course a modicum of professional discussion can ensue :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back