20 minute lashes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

laura grant

Reaction score
semi permanent eyelash extensions Hello all, its the £40-£45 sets that you have to remove every 2 weeks. ( if they remember)
please can someone explain in detail the procedure of the 20 minute lash,
and what effect it will have on the eyelash extension industry, as i was taught seperate seperate seperate.mmmmmmmmmmmmm
thanx in advance.:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
semi permanent eyelash extensions Hello all, its the £40-£45 sets that you have to remove every 2 weeks. ( if they remember)
please can someone explain in detail the procedure of the 20 minute lash,
and what effect it will have on the eyelash extension industry, as i was taught seperate seperate seperate.mmmmmmmmmmmmm
thanx in advance.:confused:

I think you should get in touch with Nouveau Lash if you want a detailed explanation of the BLINK & GO procedure.

I had mine done 3 weeks ago and have loved Them -- time now to have some more. They are by no means temporary (not on my lashes anyway). Brilliant.

Hey hey hey Laura, this is Jojo. There have been a few threads here about this lashing system. You're right it is definitely not the way we were taught. It is my understanding from reading the threads on this site that they do not do any isolating but rather just add lashes on the top of the natural lashes. Apparently they use the same adhesive as we do for our beautiful lash on lash extensions. I have read that these lashes are only to be worn for about two weeks. From what I gather, after the two weeks then the client returns to have them removed and a 'new set' is put on.

Ok I still have LOTS of concerns about this technique. There are a few different companies that are offering this service. You and I have both seen what can happen when several lashes are 'stuck' together. This can be very damaging to the natural lashes. What happens when the client doesn't return for the removal??? I really think it's "McLashes" and I'm sorry but it won't ever be something I will offer. The first thing I do when I 'inspect' a set of lashes is to see if the lashes are not clumped and that the application is clean.

Anyhow, welcome to the site. I'm sure there will be more discussions about this system. :)

yes I agree, in all our years experience with the semi permanent lashes we have found the best way is to separate the lashes to apply the extensions. This way you avoid sticking the "neighbouring" lashes or even the "layers" below thus creating single extensions and avoiding clusters.

If extensions are dropped onto the natural lash without separating the bond is not as secure and lasting and the danger of sticking unwanted other lashes at different growth cycles is almost guaranteed. These clusters tend to be very uncomfortable for the client and when they fall, the natural lash (es) will all fall out leaving a gap.

It seems that the extensions dont last as long (up to 2 weeks) which is very short compared to the single extensions. Yes the therapist can apply these a lot quicker and the treatment is also offered at a lower rate but rather than infills the lashes all have to be removed (what is left) and newly applied.

I agree to your concerns as we are dealing with clients eyes, lashes grow slow enough as it stands and the last thing we want to do is damage the natural lash. In our industry we have to be so careful to ensure thorough and safe training, certification only once the student is confident to make sure that insurance requirements are fulfilled and that we offer these accredited therapists to offer the treatmens fully confident and competent to be able to deal with any complications that may come their way.

yes I agree, in all our years experience with the semi permanent lashes we have found the best way is to separate the lashes to apply the extensions. This way you avoid sticking the "neighbouring" lashes or even the "layers" below thus creating single extensions and avoiding clusters.

If extensions are dropped onto the natural lash without separating the bond is not as secure and lasting and the danger of sticking unwanted other lashes at different growth cycles is almost guaranteed. These clusters tend to be very uncomfortable for the client and when they fall, the natural lash (es) will all fall out leaving a gap.

It seems that the extensions dont last as long (up to 2 weeks) which is very short compared to the single extensions. Yes the therapist can apply these a lot quicker and the treatment is also offered at a lower rate but rather than infills the lashes all have to be removed (what is left) and newly applied.

I agree to your concerns as we are dealing with clients eyes, lashes grow slow enough as it stands and the last thing we want to do is damage the natural lash. In our industry we have to be so careful to ensure thorough and safe training, certification only once the student is confident to make sure that insurance requirements are fulfilled and that we offer these accredited therapists to offer the treatmens fully confident and competent to be able to deal with any complications that may come their way.

Unfortunately and quite wrongly you are all assuming, speculating and surmising that the Nouveau Lash BLINK & GO lash technique does not separate the lashes .............. YOU'RE ALL WRONG ..... The lashes are separated and the false lash is not attached to clusters of natural lashes.

It's negativity, manipulating and PopIts all over again!!
You know what assuming does folks???

It makes an ASS of U and ME.

Unfortunately and quite wrongly you are all assuming, speculating and surmising that the Nouveau Lash BLINK & GO lash technique does not separate the lashes .............. YOU'RE ALL WRONG ..... The lashes are separated and the false lash is not attached to clusters of natural lashes.

:cry:
Now now the professionals had no intentional rudeness....they're only stating their knowledge which is what we all visit for. They could have been corrected in a more professional less negative and rude way. Who wants to read ugliness?!? It would be far more productive to have spent more words being informative about the lashes and less words rudely bashing. Their words were infromative even if they aren't as knowlegable about the subject as you. I wish you would tell us more because others would like to know more even if they did not originate the question or bother to respond

I agree with the above, please explain then people will not be offended :hug:

Unfortunately my comments were not based on assumptions but sadly on professional knowledge, own experience and those of our clients. :irked:
But maybe if you are a therapist for those lashes then maybe you can explain and rule out any mishappenings with the therapists and application methods that we have seen and experienced? :hug:

Unfortunately my comments were not based on assumptions but sadly on professional knowledge, own experience and those of our clients. :irked:
But maybe if you are a therapist for those lashes then maybe you can explain and rule out any mishappenings with the therapists and application methods that we have seen and experienced? :hug:

Then maybe you have seen bad therapists or a bad job.

I've seen plenty of crappola applications done the 'other' way too. Look at some of the befores and afters on the websites of those that do lash extensions including ones 'close to home'. :rolleyes:

No different with nails or anything really. Even the best systems can be done by technicians that just can't do nails well and make the nails look rubbish.

Why blame the technique ... blame the therapist.

I'VE HAD EXPERIENCE TOO AND MINE HAS BEEN POSITIVE AND LONG LASTING. Just because I may be comparitivley new to 'lashing' doesn't make me or my opinon or experience uninformed, and I am beginning to resent the implication whenever I post about lashes, that this is so. I've had plenty of experience and I'm no fool either and see quite clearly what is happening here!!

Then maybe you have seen bad therapists or a bad job.

I've seen plenty of crappola applications done the 'other' way too. Look at some of the befores and afters on the websites of those that do lash extensions including ones 'close to home'. :rolleyes:

No different with nails or anything really. Even the best systems can be done by technicians that just can't do nails well and make the nails look rubbish.

Why blame the technique ... blame the therapist.

I agree, not everyone is made to be a perfect therapist. Not everyone can do nails, or massage, or lash extensions but isnt it up to the trainer and the company to make sure that the training is sufficient and that only those pass and get certified that can fulfill the requirements for confident and competent treatments that dont upset or even worse could hurt the client? I think it would be a very easy way to blame it on the therapist.....but i dont think that is the right way?

I agree, not everyone is made to be a perfect therapist. Not everyone can do nails, or massage, or lash extensions but isnt it up to the trainer and the company to make sure that the training is sufficient and that only those pass and get certified that can fulfill the requirements for confident and competent treatments that dont upset or even worse could hurt the client? I think it would be a very easy way to blame it on the therapist.....but i dont think that is the right way?

Realistically both you and I know that people who show competence in a class can 'slide' or start taking short cuts etc. once they leave the classroom. 'You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink' ....

I know in my business we do absolutely our uppermost to try to ensure standards, but in all practicality it is impossible to guarantee those standards in all therapists ... would that it were. :idea:

I am not a teacher for Nouveau Lashes and I would be the last person to share their training techniques here on this website. The rapid lash service as taught by Nouveau lashes is their concept and their business and how they do it is why people buy into the concept and go and train with them. Of course I would not share that .... up to interested foks to go to Nouveau Lash and get the training they need.

BLINK & GO is an alternative service that I 'm sure will be hugely successful for therapists .. it IS an alternative not a take over bid to put those who do another service out of business. After all Nouveau lashes were one of, if not THE brand that started the lash revolution in the UK and they still teach that method first and foremost and I'm sure knowledge of that service is a prerequisit to anyone learning BLINK & GO. You can't really learn one without knowing the other first.

To Anita -- I do not think my reply was rude at all, certainly was not intended to be ... the assume thing is a well known expression in the UK. And I do think many are assuming far too much about the rapid lash service and being very negative and I have seen it all before when I first introduced PopIts to the nail industry.

The parrallels are clear --- If one can't do nails already the traditional way, then one can't do PopIts ... it is also a rapid service ... it is an alternative service .. it was greeted with much scheptisism and negativity ... and Look at them now !!! Nail technicians have stopped 'fearing' them or the impact they thought they might have had on the industry and finally seeing them for the alternative choice that they ARE.

Lots of questions to be answered. The main one is what's the difference between these and normal extensions and why are they better.

They're not better. If your client has a hundred quid in their pocket and a spare hour and a half, then they want lash extensions, preferably Nouveau Lashes as they're the best. (If I'm coming on to explain, I'm going to get a plug in!!)

If your client wants a quick fix for a single night out and wants a dramatic look and can hide the ugly glue line with make up, then they need a pair of strip lashes fitting. (The Blink and Go range includes a range of strip lashes although these are not the Blink and Go procedure.

Somewhere in the middle, you have the ladies who don't have an hour and a half to spend, wouldn't be seen dead with strip lashes and wouldn't go out without their longer lashes. Blink and Go is a method using different techniques, no isolation (lash technicians will understand this)and an eyes open method and a very realistic, attractive set of lashes can be applied in well under 20 minutes. We have developed the procedure after listening to the needs of clients, celebrities, "city girls" etc who have all said that they don't have the time for a full set of extensions, we're not trying to create the demand, it's already there.

Blink and Go is a brand more than anything. We already have a number of major high street chains taking it on. We've made it easy for you to put it into your salon, similar to the way McDonalds have done. The package price includes advertising literature, branded products, point of sale displays, the notorious chair and training amongst other things. There's over £3000 worth of kit with a double up on the retail items.

To answer one of the easier questions on how long it will take to recoup the initial outlay, £45.00 every 20 minutes means just over 18 hours work to cover the £2500.

Eyes watering is a touchy one. We use the Nouveau Lashes Ultrabond 5 adhesive and one of our major claims on this is that it has virtually no vapour and is harmless to the eyes. It certainly doesn't give off fumes. Hopefully, we can blame the eyes watering on either the dry, air conditioned atmosphere or the draughts in the exhibition hall. I think the leaks from the roof dropped into the audience.

With reference to longevity. I am personally disappointed that lashes are falling off so quickly. In all our trials (and we've been trialling the products and techniques for over a year) we have achieved results that have lasted well over a week. When we launched Nouveau Lashes to the UK, we made claims of them lasting up to eight weeks but chose to drop this when advertising to the public as it created unreasonable expectations. I can offer a multitude of excuses such as watering eyes, bad lighting (yes the flashing lights didn't go down well with the technicians on stage) sleeping on them a bit funny but to be frank, they should be lasting longer despite this so we will look into it, as with all treatments, the biggest variables are the cleanlyness of the lashes pre-procedure and the ability of the technician to work in the conditions.

Please understand that this is a business model which we have created with the help of some brilliant, successful people.

I see I have two PMs so will answer them when I've worked out how to do so.

In the other thread about this system, Nouveau Lashes stated that they do not isolate the lashes. . .

No one is being negative or manipulative, we are using our knowledge of what we know and what we have seen in this industry.

Don't be so defensive!

Last edited:
I did not use the word isolation .. I used the word separation ... two different things to my way of thinking.

My Blink & Goes have lasted just over 3 weeks and I still have plenty in but now have noticed a few just coming off.

And please don't tell me how I should write my posts. I am not so much defending as EXPLAINING ....... I've seen it all before when people who are afraid of anything new or afraid of a new market of clients using something they do not do ....afraid they'll loose business ... afraid something is so easy that anyone can do it and their 'expertise' will be undermined etc etc. So these people jump in and try to disrespect others hard work or new idea without really knowing the facts. Pretty unfair really.

Don't knock it until you've seen it and tried it and experienced it ........... it's not easy, it's not 2nd rate, it's not dangerous, it needs to be done by a competent person and the more so the better they look and last, and the results are great and there is a definite NEED for rapid services. The one thing everyone is short of these days is TIME ......... I'm sure we're all agreed on that?

Last edited:
I have looked into the blink and go, and the various other companies offering this. At this stage it is def not for me. It goes against everything we are taught in semi-permanent lashes. In my humble opinion, it cheapens the service of lash extensions, and I can just see lots of problems arising from this type of application. If I remember correctly, there isnt even a requirement to be a qualified lash extensionist before embarking on the drop and go, (oops sorry blink and go :lol:) training. For those that want to go for it, great! I do think there is a need for a quicker lash extension service, so understand the "gap in the market" that has been "filled" by the companies. Having said that, once a client has a full set of lashes on, (which i agree is a 2 hr appointment in most cases) her infills are about 1/2 hr - 1 hr. Not far from the rapid services. I am more than happy to accept and welcome new concepts in all things, but, having looked into it, this kind of "drive through" lashing is a big red warning sign. However, it is still a new thing so maybe we will all be won over by it when no problems arise and all the clients are happy bunnies!:hug:

There are several different types of personalities in this world and here are a few I have identified in business:

... Those that are smart enough to recognize the potential in a new idea and just DO it -

... Those that can't see it or recognize it and never DO it -

... Those that feel threatened and are negative who immediately talk against and don't DO it -

and ... Those that sit on the fence and wait for others to DO it and to be successful, before they dare to do it -

Which ever cap fits!

I think it's the same with any new concept.
I bet when everyone started using oil under waxing, you would get the brigade that would say 'but we were always taught to use talc under the wax'.
Ok so that may be the way you were taught but it doesn't mean that things don't change and change for the better.
Everyone needs to keep up with the latest trends and techniques otherwise we would all be stuck in the 20th century!
Things advance and you need to keep up and keep learning new things.
Same principle with the lashes i would assume (can i use that word :lol:). Just because you were taught one way it doesn't mean there aren't other ways!

Quote from geeg --- Those that are smart enough to recognize the potential in a new idea and just DO it!!!

This was me....id always thought the other lashes took far to long. got blink and go in, and we have been inundated. i have lots of clients who have had the other type of lashes and they have said they prefer these upto now...we include a removal in 2 weeks in our price.

The lashes for us are taking quite abit longer than 20 mins at the moment for us...i think the 20 mins is more for basic lashes, and not a fuller look.

I would recommend this to anyone. i think most clients will think this is more affordable, and less costly...for pretty much the same longevity give or take a week!

As was mentioned earlier i think it does really depend on how well you do something, how thorough you are and how careful you are. any treatment can be done badly, and as professionals we have to make sure the treatment we do is being done competently. the training for these lashes was really very good.
:)
this is just how i see it. im sure the hardcore lash technicians will not agree with me, or will have been taught otherwise...but this has been awesome for me. money well well spent.

Quote from geeg -- Those that are smart enough to recognize the potential in a new idea and just DO it!!!
This was me....id always thought the other lashes took far to long. got blink and go in, and we have been inundated. i have lots of clients who have had the other type of lashes and they have said they prefer these upto now...we include a removal in 2 weeks in our price.

The lashes for us are taking quite abit longer than 20 mins at the moment for us...i think the 20 mins is more for basic lashes, and not a fuller look.

I would recommend this to anyone. i think most clients will think this is more affordable, and less costly...for pretty much the same longevity give or take a week!

As was mentioned earlier i think it does really depend on how well you do something, how thorough you are and how careful you are. any treatment can be done badly, and as professionals we have to make sure the treatment we do is being done competently. the training for these lashes was really very good.
:)
this is just how i see it. im sure the hardcore lash technicians will not agree with me, or will have been taught otherwise...but this has been awesome for me. money well well spent.

Bravo for being a leader and not a follower ... if you don't make dust you EAT dust!!! One of my pet mottos! Inundated sounds good to me. :green:
Also thank you for the sound and positive words from someone who is experiencing the benefits.

Hard core in your sense of the word here, to me means intractable and stubborn and unwilling. Not good business traits.

If I see the sense and the benefits to a new concept I am absolutely a 'go for it girl' as well. But I do LOOK for the benefits and the sense first ... I'm not a negative Nelly that gain says everything first and then sees the light later.

Last edited:
My friend had some Blink and Go lashes done last week and they are still looking and feeling fab......and guess what!!!! They really DID take 20mins to apply.

She had them done with a view to taking on Blink and Go in her salon. When she asked me for my thoughts, I said for what's included in the pack....AND the PR and support she'll get, I would grab it both hands and sign up for her area before someone else does. I think it sounds a great deal!

I WANT MINE DONE! (Stamps foot like a spoilt child).

For many years from around the age of 10 to about 27, I had Trichotillomania (so) where I pulled every single top lash out.....never touched the bottom. So, my top lashes are quite sparse. Does anyone know if these lashes would work on sparse lashes? xxx

My friend had some Blink and Go lashes done last week and they are still looking and feeling fab......and guess what!!!! They really DID take 20mins to apply.

She had them done with a view to taking on Blink and Go in her salon. When she asked me for my thoughts, I said for what's included in the pack....AND the PR and support she'll get, I would grab it both hands and sign up for her area before someone else does. I think it sounds a great deal!

I WANT MINE DONE! (Stamps foot like a spoilt child).

For many years from around the age of 10 to about 27, I had Trichotillomania (so) where I pulled every single top lash out.....never touched the bottom. So, my top lashes are quite sparse. Does anyone know if these lashes would work on sparse lashes? xxx

There are various things that can be done to improve the appearance of sparse lashes my dear Kimmie. :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back