3 Sets of L&P's to do tomorrow - need words of wisdom

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrsR

Reaction score
Well after my first set of L&P's at training price a few weeks ago that I had to soak straight off I have 3 sets boooked tomorrow at training price and so need your words of wisdom to get me through. I am armed with Gigi's book which I will read from cover to cover today and now have a mobile nail table so won't have to battle with a low coffee table ever again!

Get a friend or the training hand,
all the products you use ready on the table and Gigi's great book,
do a practise set and use the book as you work,
when you are doing the clients sets try to relax and don't keep looking at the clock, if you keep looking at the time it makes you worry all the more about how long you are taking,
it does not matter how long you take as long as both you and the client are happy with the work done,
and remember this is practise for you, it will be a while yet before you knock out the perfect set so don't worry yourself about it :hug:
and enjoy the experience

Hi MrsR

Practice, practice and practice again!

Just for the record, your/my nails have survived pamper party, tanning party, kids nail party, 2 lotsof acrylics, one manicure and yesterday - the "race for life". If that doesn't give you confidence, nothing will!

Go for it - and all the best!

Thanks Jules, see you on Friday sweetie
x

Relax, sit away from the clock:lol: and remember that you are doing these as training sets, that means they know you are new, so talk to their hands and try to get them to do most of the talking, don't panic and think you must soak these of because you can see they are not perfect, ask them if they like them and when they say yes, smile!!!
Good luck hun:hug:

Well I did 2 of the 3 -1 cancelled late last night.

Was they successful - erm yes I didn't have to soak them off - hooray. The first set I saw mistakes on which I rectified on the 2nd persons and they were not by anyway salon standard but they were training nails at a training price and both ladies were happy - 1 even gave me a tip :) Time will tell if they stay on, etc but at least I didn't have to soak them off and after not being able to practise for the last week due to being on nights I am semi-chuffed.

Semi chuffed, what are you like
you be really proud of yourself hun, i can remember what it is like doing your training sets,
its nerve racking but you got through it and honestly it does get easier the more you do,
relax now and have a drink :hug:

I agree with Louise, you should be very proud of yourself, with every set you do your confidence will grow :hug:

Awwwwww thanks guys for your support it means a lot x

Congratulations, you should be very proud - you're on your way to being a great nail technician :hug:

well done Mrs r xx the first few sets on paying clients are the worst .. promise .. now you've got them out the way you'll be on a roll , it sounds like you did a really good job you learned and COULD SEE what you needed to improve on with the first set and then did it with set 2 ..... its what its all about xx

well done x

Have another set booked in after my last CND L&P course day on Friday :)

No pearls just wishing you luck!- go for it......

Latest posts

Back