3d characters from disney??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lotus blossom

Reaction score
i have a client in on wednesday who wants winnie the pooh, tigger, eeyore and piglet on her nails, done in 3d using liquid and powder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
omg!! you know how much i hate nail art at the best of times!!!
have any of you done this before (pics would be great!)
if not any ideas what to do??? i do do 3d , but its mainly flowers, petals etc, i have loads of colours but also no idea what to charge her for this as i thinkits going to be tricky!!
i usually charge 3 to 5 quid per nail for a flower or a design of not much dificulty, any suggestions??
or any web sites that i can get pics off, that show these characters
many fanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh dear! thats sounds really tricky!!! could you suggest to her that maybe she have a character on just the thumb nail and little finger nail maybe? so its not so tricky? im not sure about actually painting the characters tho, sounds hard as i dont think id be able to get them right without a bit of practice. could you try and look on google for some pics to help you? good luck x

Nice to have a client who likes her nail art, but:eek: :eek: !

You are going to have to think carefully about the cost, as it will sure take a while.

At least you can do the characters prior to her coming and then attach them to her nail!

Good luck, i'll try and find some pictures for you later! x

ooooh i love the sound of this ....i want some !!!
i wish i had exciting clients like that lol

and id charge a blooody fortune mate its gunna take a long time xxx:hug:
i cant wait to see the piccies of these babies xxx

sorry I dont have ideas BUT as was said already, think carefully and be sure to charge appropriately for such unique art!
Dont rip yourself off, ok?

Maybe if you stick to just doing the 'busts' of the characters? Like just their heads? It will be easier? Less shapes and details to worry over. And likely if you tried to put their entire bodies on the nails, they wouldn't fit well anyway.

Good luck and keep us posted!!
TAKE PICS:!:

What about using stickers, do you think your client would go for that? This would be alot less stressful on yourself, and your client could have them on ALL her nails. The amount of work that goes into something like that is amazing!

Here is a website that has a few dvd's on different art stuff, including cartoons. They should have english versions coming soon. www.nailtechpr.com

I know they have practice sheets as well. If you go there, click on the cartoon dvd, and a really good pic of tigger comes up.

Try printing off decals of the characters and applying them. strange person though wanting things like that on her nails could understand it if it was a child.

its possible .... but id go for the simple option on a paying client as you could be faffing for hours hunnio....lol
you should have a practice on tips and draw out how you want the design too look first

hth

Jess
xox

(ps... ive added a wee 3d disney thing i copied from the wee toy next to the tip.... sorry the photos arent that clear it was taken on my mob phone...lol)

edit/.... the pics really arent clear at all!!...lol.... if i can take my digi cam to the salon tomorrow ill get another photo of the tip

Attachments

• stitch thing.jpg
    stitch thing.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 109
  • photo-0001(5).jpg
    photo-0001(5).jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 118
Sparklepink said:
its possible .... but id go for the simple option on a paying client as you could be faffing for hours hunnio....lol
you should have a practice on tips and draw out how you want the design too look first

hth

Jess
xox

(ps... ive added a wee 3d disney thing i copied from the wee toy next to the tip.... sorry the photos arent that clear it was taken on my mob phone...lol)

edit/.... the pics really arent clear at all!!...lol.... if i can take my digi cam to the salon tomorrow ill get another photo of the tip

pmsl :lol: sorry I had too, is there anything you won't do????

Couldn't you get sparkle to do them for you and send them, sort of like a pre made thing?

There you go sparkle made to order service :)

omg !!! thanks so much everyone, specially for the web site links and jess for going off and doing it!!! thanks babes!!!!

i know what you mean luc about thia woman, she is about 40 ish , i felt like saying " grow up!!" lol
( no offence to those who like 3d characters!!
she defo wants 3d not stickers, so i reckon tomorrow ill have a play and see what comes out lol!! failing that ill tell her ive left work for good and become a nun!!!
cheers all again guys xxx

Danger Mouse said:
pmsl :lol: sorry I had too, is there anything you won't do????

Couldn't you get sparkle to do them for you and send them, sort of like a pre made thing?

There you go sparkle made to order service :)

pmsl:lol:

i only did the one... it was a challenge from student i had sometime last yr....lol
i generally never get time to have a play when im at work

Just thought I'd mention that I've seen tigger nail art in a book i have. The Encyclopedia of nails by Jacqui Jefford and Anne Swain. It's a really brilliant reference book. There is a section on decorating etc and has a step by step guide on how to do tigger. All good bookshops stock it. Perhaps have a sneaky peek in there. May give you the impotus to do am eeyor ?????

Moo said:
Just thought I'd mention that I've seen tigger nail art in a book i have. The Encyclopedia of nails by Jacqui Jefford and Anne Swain. It's a really brilliant reference book. There is a section on decorating etc and has a step by step guide on how to do tigger. All good bookshops stock it. Perhaps have a sneaky peek in there. May give you the impotus to do am eeyor ?????
hi hun!
yes ive got this book and seen the pic, thats why i thought id go ahead and do it well we will see!!!!!!!!!! lol

xx

lotus blossom said:
hi hun!
yes ive got this book and seen the pic, thats why i thought id go ahead and do it well we will see!!!!!!!!!! lol

xx

you will have to post a piccie when you have done it!

Excellent, let me know how it turns out. It looks pretty adventurous but I'm a complete novice - only two weeks of nail art under my belt. Nothing like a good challenge. Go for it!!!

what did you ever do to do this woman for her to want to subject you to what i consider cruel and unusual punishment:lol:. i would be having seizures by now trying to figure out where and how to start this. you should charge her big bucks for this.

this sounds tricky but relli would like to see some pix wen they r finished

ill try , but if they are rubbish i wont lol!!!
im doing it on wednesday, so get ready for post saying, ive had the worst day ever!!! ( again lol!)

good luck hun
cant wait to see puc

Latest posts

Back