3D flowers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laura16

Reaction score
Hi everyone I was wondering if someone can help me. I want to know how to make 3D flowers with acryic. I have had a try but I just dont seem to be able to do it. I can do bows so I have had a little go but I cant get flowers.

Also this may seem a dumb question but do you put clear polish over your nail art?

x

After my nail art is dry, I put a top coat over it. I have started to use the one from lechat,Top Secret ultra fast drying was told by a geek and its fab:) xx

there are some great step by step tutorials on this site for doing flowers. also search youtube, its a GREAT resource for nail art! make sure you work with dryer than normal mix ratio. you can definitely topcoat your 3d art but you dont have to, you can leave it matte. personally i prefer to encase my 3d nail art in clear l&p or gel:)
Posted via Mobile Device

If you want to make very thin looking flowers there are two main things to know that trick most beginners up. The first is that the mixture has to be more wet that you would use for sculpting (not dryer) and it's very important to have a good quality #4 oval brush that has the right amount of strength in the hairs and a very pointed tip.

If you are coming to Olympia Beauty, Iryna will be there and will show you how to do this exactly! ;-)

If you want to make very thin looking flowers there are two main things to know that trick most beginners up. The first is that the mixture has to be more wet that you would use for sculpting (not dryer) and it's very important to have a good quality #4 oval brush that has the right amount of strength in the hairs and a very pointed tip.

If you are coming to Olympia Beauty, Iryna will be there and will show you how to do this exactly! ;-)

how do you do this with a wetter mix ratio? i always use a dryer mix and my 3d flowers are always very thin!

I can only tell you what I have seen Iryna explain to other in her classes. Logically though, if the mix is dryer it will be harder to press.

If you're coming to Olympia come and see Iryna - she will show you the technique she learned in Russia (from a former Nailympics winner in mixed-media and fantasy) and explain all.

when is olympia and where is it at?

If it is wetter you can kind of draw your bead open in for example a thick bended line which you wait for it the set a bit and then you can press it out into a rose pettle, repeating this over again to create a rose. or you can drag your bead open in a drop shape and press it into place when it starts to set so it starts to holds the details to create a leave or flower pettal etc...

using dryer beads is good if you want to sculpt figures or so in the height avoiding your bead from sagging down again.

If it is wetter you can kind of draw your bead open in for example a thick bended line which you wait for it the set a bit and then you can press it out into a rose pettle, repeating this over again to create a rose. or you can drag your bead open in a drop shape and press it into place when it starts to set so it starts to holds the details to create a leave or flower pettal etc...

using dryer beads is good if you want to sculpt figures or so in the height avoiding your bead from sagging down again.

Thanks for explaining and clarifying that :hug:

i see what you mean! when i first started experimenting with 3d i guess i mustve worked a bit wetter as this is pretty much what i did, now i tend to go drier. i think it all depends how fast you work, but i do find it easier working drier (not super dry, just drier than you would for regular sculpting) as you set the bead down, press it into shape and move on, you dont have to wait for it to set up before you begin manipulating it.

Latest posts

Back