5:2/The Fast Diet?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been deviating a bit, so mine is a bit of a DIY routine, but overall I've lost 4lbs so far. :)

For the first time since starting I don't want to fast tomorrow for some reason. I normally look forward to fasting :confused:hoping I wake up with a better attitude

Could it be the weather? Xx

Could it be the weather? Xx

It could be and I went shopping and bought lots of yummy food today. Lol I'm going to try 3 small meals instead of my usual not eat all day and see how I get on with that.

Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

It could be and I went shopping and bought lots of yummy food today. Lol I'm going to try 3 small meals instead of my usual not eat all day and see how I get on with that.

Ahh worth a go, I did that had poached egg on one slice of toast about 130 then soup and salad with tuna for tea!
I'm in a picky mood tonight! I'm blaming the weather 😉xx

Ok I'm doing it, I missed breakfast but I have lunch and dinner planned. Who's with me today?

Ok I'm doing it, I missed breakfast but I have lunch and dinner planned. Who's with me today?

You go girl! Think how good you will feel tomorrow :) stay strong, if you can get your hair shaved you can do this 😉xx

I'm on my fast day and absolutely starving I've got a bit of a headache!

Tummy keeps making noises and so keep drinking water, fruit tea, I'm working until 8 tonight, what I'd do for a big bag of crisps and some chocolate - I don't even like chocolate!

I'm on my fast day and absolutely starving I've got a bit of a headache!

Tummy keeps making noises and so keep drinking water, fruit tea, I'm working until 8 tonight, what I'd do for a big bag of crisps and some chocolate - I don't even like chocolate!

I have smarities in the fridge and I have nearly given in so many times, keep reminding myself that I can eat them all tomorrow if I want

Fast day for me today too.

Made sure to get myself a bottle of water today so I do keep drinking.

Just having my sweet & sour chicken, and looking forward to my caramel sundae (WW desert).

Another fast day almost over.

I'm off yo bed. I went about 100 cals over but at least I didn't give in.

What is everyone losing a week? I lost 4lb on my 1st week and weighted in this morning and lost 1lb for my 2nd week. I know you always have better loss on 1st week, so is a pound a week after that a good loss for this diet xxx

What is everyone losing a week? I lost 4lb on my 1st week and weighted in this morning and lost 1lb for my 2nd week. I know you always have better loss on 1st week, so is a pound a week after that a good loss for this diet xxx

The book suggests you should lose a lb a week. It's not a quick fix fad diet it's a way of eating for life that is sustainable. Your doing really well. I'm mot losing at all but sticking with it for other health benefits. X

I'm losing 2lb a week. Weigh day tomorrow.

Hi ladies I know my question isn't about this diet (I'm definitely not following it at the moment) but as you all seem so knowledgeable I thought someone may know the answer. Basically I'm going through a really chronic bout of IBS (for the past 3 weeks) and can barely eat. I've worked out I'm only consuming around 534 calories a day at best (I literally can't eat anything when I'm bad like this) and yet I've not lost hardly any weight - maybe about 3lb. Those of you that know about fasting, does this mean that I've ruined my metabolism? Is my body probably in permanent starvation mode? I saw my consultant last week and I'm sure he thought I was exaggerating when I said I've been barely eating as surely I'd be skin and bone by now? Please note I DO want to eat and am actually hungry but cannot physically keep much down. I'm having an exploratory op in a few weeks but I just wondered if there is a reason (based on fasting?) why the weights not dropping off?
Am so worried my metabolism is completely shot now :(

Hi ladies I know my question isn't about this diet (I'm definitely not following it at the moment) but as you all seem so knowledgeable I thought someone may know the answer. Basically I'm going through a really chronic bout of IBS (for the past 3 weeks) and can barely eat. I've worked out I'm only consuming around 534 calories a day at best (I literally can't eat anything when I'm bad like this) and yet I've not lost hardly any weight - maybe about 3lb. Those of you that know about fasting, does this mean that I've ruined my metabolism? Is my body probably in permanent starvation mode? I saw my consultant last week and I'm sure he thought I was exaggerating when I said I've been barely eating as surely I'd be skin and bone by now? Please note I DO want to eat and am actually hungry but cannot physically keep much down. I'm having an exploratory op in a few weeks but I just wondered if there is a reason (based on fasting?) why the weights not dropping off?
Am so worried my metabolism is completely shot now :(

Hey there Waffle, im not to clued up but i think maybe it is because your not eating enough on normal days, so your body is not getting the "shock" it needs. Hope your feeling better soon x x x

Waffle4
Yes your body will be in starvation mode if your only eating aprox 1/4 of your daily intake for a few days (definatley after 3 weeks) and not only is the weight not dropping off you now but when you do finally start eating more calories your body will start to store fat ready for the next time you 'starve' so you will put weight on.

Your metabolism will sort itself out and level off again once you know what to avoid foodwise or your given medication to fix your medical problems (or whatever they do after investigation & dianosis).

Maybe the 5:2 would actually help you get back on your feet again and stop you gaining too much after diagnosis if you can work out what foods you are ok with and what foods to avoid.

Have they asked you to stop eating some food types yet to see how it affects you? Like adoiding all dairy, or all wheat etc.. for a while to see if you can pinpoint what is setting you off.

Waffle4
Yes your body will be in starvation mode if your only eating aprox 1/4 of your daily intake for a few days (definatley after 3 weeks) and not only is the weight not dropping off you now but when you do finally start eating more calories your body will start to store fat ready for the next time you 'starve' so you will put weight on.

Your metabolism will sort itself out and level off again once you know what to avoid foodwise or your given medication to fix your medical problems (or whatever they do after investigation & dianosis).

Maybe the 5:2 would actually help you get back on your feet again and stop you gaining too much after diagnosis if you can work out what foods you are ok with and what foods to avoid.

Have they asked you to stop eating some food types yet to see how it affects you? Like adoiding all dairy, or all wheat etc.. for a while to see if you can pinpoint what is setting you off.

Ahh thank you so much for your reply. You make so much sense. It's not any particular food setting it off as I have been allergy tested and know what I can't eat (dairy, wheat, cocoa etc). They think it might be bacterial related so are going to take biopsies. You are correct that I do put on weight after a bad bout and then can't shift it. Such a vicious circle as I have so many flare ups my body is obviously holding onto the fat as it knows I'm likely to go into starvation mode again soon. Really don't know how to tackle this weight gain as they've said there's no cure for IBS and all the meds they've given me haven't worked :(

Ahh thank you so much for your reply. You make so much sense. It's not any particular food setting it off as I have been allergy tested and know what I can't eat (dairy, wheat, cocoa etc). They think it might be bacterial related so are going to take biopsies. You are correct that I do put on weight after a bad bout and then can't shift it. Such a vicious circle as I have so many flare ups my body is obviously holding onto the fat as it knows I'm likely to go into starvation mode again soon. Really don't know how to tackle this weight gain as they've said there's no cure for IBS and all the meds they've given me haven't worked :(

I know how you feel hun. I've been in and oit of hospital for over a year having tests and operations etc. Seen a dietitian too.

However, since starting the 5:2 (had to start when I wasn't feeling too bad) the symptoms seem to have subsided slightly.

Hope you feel better soon hun xxx

Latest posts

Back