5:2/The Fast Diet?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This has to be the worst diet I have heard of.

You pretty much starve for two days then eat normally for five?

You lot will end up with a dodgy metabolism. I'm not being nasty but this really cannot be good for you.

What happened to eating properly and getting exercise? It's like a dangerous quick fix.

Surrey Girl through and through x

I must admit this is what I thought too when I first heard of it. But my mum is adamant that it is a good idea and after reading more about it, there are a lot of doctors saying it's safe.

Personally I wouldn't do it, at least not as extreme as limiting myself to 500 calories 2 days a week, I wouldn't function on that little and I wouldn't be able to do anything at the gym without passing out.

how is everyone doing? think im going to do my poached egg:wink2:

Not too bad :) I've had about 160 cals. But I'm a bit peckish today. But off to do some clients now so that will take my mind off it until tea :) although... no idea what I'm having for tea lol xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Not too bad :) I've had about 160 cals. But I'm a bit peckish today. But off to do some clients now so that will take my mind off it until tea :) although... no idea what I'm having for tea lol xxx

Me to! your doing well so keep it up :) xx

I've just started this up again. My mum does it and has lost a fair bit of weight but I always caved in but I'm determind this year. I'm doing this twice a wedk and following Slimming World for the other 5 days.

Today is my first fasting day and I'm absolutely starving. I wanted to leave all my calories for tea time but I caved and had a banana with a muller light yoghurt at lunchtime. Drank ridiculous amounts of water too but its all good.

Steph xx

Keep up with it, it's amazing how your body gets used to the fasting days. Before I did this diet I'd get the hunger shakes and brain fog if I was a few hours late for my meals but now I can go a whole day with very minimal calories and feel great, it actually makes my head much clearer and I never get hunger shakes anymore, even on normal eating days.

A good book to read is 'The alternate day diet' by James B Johnson M.D. It explains the health benefits and helps you work out exactly how many calories you need on your fasting days and normal days to get maximum benefit. I need to have less than 500 calories on my fasting days now as I'm less heavy.

I do this diet to help with my digestive problems and also the early arthritis I have in my knees. I only have trouble with my knees now when I don't fast once a week. At Christmas I had terrible knee pain again but back on the fasting and it's better now, it truly is amazing :)

S x

I am feeling quite pleased with myself so far and I only made up my mind to try it this morning!! :lol::lol:

My tummy was unusually active about 1pm and food was on my mind, so I had one of my little protein rescue remedies - half a slice of roast beef spread with an extra light laughing cow cream cheese and a tiny bit of Branston pickle to liven it up rolled up <hate bland food>. I have also done a 3 mile Leslie Sansone excercise dvd with weights. I always feel better for getting one of her workouts under my belt. Got my dinner all worked out and will hold off with that until about 7pm if I can. Not cutting down on my cuppas, though. They are the staff of life to me and totally non negotiable! :wink2:

Only downside is my daughter and her OH are treating us to a day in London on Saturday as our Christmas present. We are being taken to see something at the Royal Albert Hall and a slap up meal, needless to say. Still, I can hopefully undo the damage in advance if I get to grips with this until Friday! :lol:

Had nothing but my water so far. I might have some almonds now to jeep me going until dinner. Feeling nervous about my noodles I hope they are nice.

Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

I am feeling quite pleased with myself so far and I only made up my mind to try it this morning!! :lol::lol:

My tummy was unusually active about 1pm and food was on my mind, so I had one of my little protein rescue remedies - half a slice of roast beef spread with an extra light laughing cow cream cheese and a tiny bit of Branston pickle to liven it up rolled up <hate bland food>. I have also done a 3 mile Leslie Sansone excercise dvd with weights. I always feel better for getting one of her workouts under my belt. Got my dinner all worked out and will hold off with that until about 7pm if I can. Not cutting down on my cuppas, though. They are the staff of life to me and totally non negotiable! :wink2:

Only downside is my daughter and her OH are treating us to a day in London on Saturday as our Christmas present. We are being taken to see something at the Royal Albert Hall and a slap up meal, needless to say. Still, I can hopefully undo the damage in advance if I get to grips with this until Friday! :lol:

But that's the beauty if it. If on Saturday you have very low calorie brekkie and lunch feel free to enjoy a slap up meal. X

I'm soooo hungry! &#128553;xx

But that's the beauty if it. If on Saturday you have very low calorie brekkie and lunch feel free to enjoy a slap up meal. X

Sadly, I haven't got total confidence that a TDEE of around 1900 is going to be man enough for the job on Saturday! :eek: :lol: x

I'm soooo disappointed. I picked up skim pasta instead of skim noodles and it's horrible like chewing rubber and all watery and I have 3 mire packs to get through. The only thing that gets me through a fast day is looking forward to a nice dinner :rolleyes:

I'm soooo disappointed. I picked up skim pasta instead of skim noodles and it's horrible like chewing rubber and all watery and I have 3 mire packs to get through. The only thing that gets me through a fast day is looking forward to a nice dinner :rolleyes:

Ah no that's not good, I was making pasta for my daughter and tested two tubes! Sounds stupid but I'm not happy!!
Just didn't think!! Xx

Oh noooo don't be disappointed 2 tubes will be hardly any calories it won't make a difference

Well.... I'm home and starving lol so just knocked up a bagel, phili light and cucumber!! Have 100 cals left, hmmmm what to eat?! As that bagel didn't touch the sides haha xxx

I just had a Muller Greek style yoghurt and it tasted amazing after my horrible dinner.

Ah no that's not good, I was making pasta for my daughter and tested two tubes! Sounds stupid but I'm not happy!!
Just didn't think!! Xx

From memory, i think I weighed 16 tubes dry weight to the ounce or was it spaghetti? On that basis, you're looking at roughly 6 calories each or thereabouts. Run up and down the stairs a few times - sorted! :hug:

Last edited:
Just had chicken and veg. Got about 100 calories left, but I really should surrender those to the skimmed milk in my tea all day. :irked:

Its amazing how good food tastes when we are rationed Nikki :)
And thanks Deena im off to do a few steps :)

This has to be the worst diet I have heard of.

You pretty much starve for two days then eat normally for five?

You lot will end up with a dodgy metabolism. I'm not being nasty but this really cannot be good for you.

What happened to eating properly and getting exercise? It's like a dangerous quick fix.

Surrey Girl through and through x

It is scientifically proven that controlled fasting has many health benefits as well as shedding excess weight.
Think back to caveman times, our bodies are programmed to go short periods without food. X

Latest posts

Back