5:2/The Fast Diet?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm def giving another go when feeling better, you girls are doing so well xxx

Hope your feeling ok. Just get yourself well. Thats most important. X

Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

Hope your feeling ok. Just get yourself well. Thats most important. X

Thanks Hun, I'm just waiting to go for foot op but still feel like I've head cold :( a few weeks and I really want to try again as you mentioned you do eat less on normal days xx

Thanks Hun, I'm just waiting to go for foot op but still feel like I've head cold :( a few weeks and I really want to try again as you mentioned you do eat less on normal days xx

Hope all ok with the op hon. Just get through that and then you can worry about this after. Xx

This is the end of my second week. My first week didn't really go that well and I definitely exceeded my TDEE at least twice and by a country mile!! :rolleyes:

Despite that, I STILL lost 1.5lbs and this week appears to be going better. Although the fast days are a bit difficult as yet, I definitely don't feel inclined to over indulge on the feast ones. I guess it's just a case of getting used to it. Fingers crossed for my 'Results' on Monday morning when I check my progress on the scales. :Scared::biggrin:

Well I've gone all day with just the 1 mug of tea.

About to have my Admiral pie and I will be having a mushroom cup of soup & 2 slices of bread (no butter) before bed.

Thought today would be hard but it was ok until I could smell the kids tea cooking earlier, the hunger pang didn't last too long though and drinking water made me feel a bit better.

Think i will start next week. Not sure what days to fast on. I was thinking of Wednesday and Friday. But I am thinking of doing zumba on a Wed night so not sure if thats a bad idea.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Think i will start next week. Not sure what days to fast on. I was thinking of Wednesday and Friday. But I am thinking of doing zumba on a Wed night so not sure if thats a bad idea.

Everyone has their favourite days.

I prefer mon and thurs or tues and thurs ;) good luck xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

If I've got to live like a gastronomic nun two days every week, then I need all the distractions I can get! If anything, I exercise more on my fast days and certainly don't feel any ill effects. :hug:

I've just eaten a big fat curry and naan bread and have pudding for later!!! Hahaha!

This is my FEAST FEAST day lol xxx

hello
i did this for a while but when on holiday in thailand i stopped and never started again.. the kg's i lost came back, it was only about 4 kg's which is a lot for me as im not an overwight person, i just wanted to be the way i used to when in my 20'ies! But guess what really freaked me out, my period stopped for one month and hasnt returned to its normal after that, my cycle completely changed after and i feel it might have to do with that diet!! so not sure how healthy it can be/??

How true

Attachments

• 1390601824189.jpg
    1390601824189.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 111
hello
i did this for a while but when on holiday in thailand i stopped and never started again.. the kg's i lost came back, it was only about 4 kg's which is a lot for me as im not an overwight person, i just wanted to be the way i used to when in my 20'ies! But guess what really freaked me out, my period stopped for one month and hasnt returned to its normal after that, my cycle completely changed after and i feel it might have to do with that diet!! so not sure how healthy it can be/??

I don't think its the diet hon, I have done this for ages and my periods are fine in fact they have gone from hideous to normal. If you watch the documentary you will see our bodies are made for the occasional fast and there are many many health benefits. Xxx

I don't think its the diet hon, I have done this for ages and my periods are fine in fact they have gone from hideous to normal. If you watch the documentary you will see our bodies are made for the occasional fast and there are many many health benefits. Xxx

okidoki, well I am not a doctor so who am I to say! :) scared me off it though! I find them two days quite hard tho lol.. and difficult when u go travelling which i do quite a bit :green: i think maybe ill try one day a week instead of two! X

Last edited:
Ahhhhh mug of tea and 2 buttered hot cross buns for breakfast.

Wonderfull how the simple things can please me after a fast day lol.

okidoki, well I am not a doctor so who am I to say! :) scared me off it though! Maybe ill start again! I find them two days quite hard tho lol.. and difficult when u go travelling which i do quite a bit :green: i think maybe ill try one day a week instead of two! X

My OH had to give up when he changed job as it was too difficult for him whilst travelling. X

Ok so it's fast day again & also weigh day.

I'm 2lb down :biggrin:.

Proving that eating what you want on feast days works as I have eaten ALL the wrong foods in the last week including Domino's pizza, cheesey dough balls, chicken strippers & wedges followed by warm cookies (& that was just 1 meal lol).

Ok so it's fast day again & also weigh day.

I'm 2lb down :biggrin:.

Proving that eating what you want on feast days works as I have eaten ALL the wrong foods in the last week including Domino's pizza, cheesey dough balls, chicken strippers & wedges followed by warm cookies (& that was just 1 meal lol).

Well done :)

I'm on a fast today and sooo hungry lol. I'm keeping topped up with lots of water though :) I am actually excited about my weigh in on Friday haha... I had better not be disappointed! Lol xxx

I'm so upset. Been doing it a month, counting TDEE the first 2 weeks and not counting the next 2 and no weight loss. I'm still fasting today as I like the benefits but so gutted to not be losing weight. Do I give up and do SW or do I persevere? :(:banghead:

Well, a modest 1lb for me this week, which doesn't disappoint in view of my slightly loose adherence to the rules. I have already had my 500 for today and I won't be able to manage the rest of the day on that! Maybe I could try and shift it to tomorrow?

On balance, I do believe this could work but sometimes the fast days do get a bit much. You can't have it all! :D:wink2::hug:

Nikki May there are so many questions I'd ask you to try & work out what might be going wrong for you, I'll start with just a few.

Are you restricted with food when you feast (through intollerences etc)?

Aprox what would a normal days calorie intake be (lower, normal, higher than RDA)?

How are you consuming your allowance on fast days (spread out or all at once)?

Latest posts

Back