5 year old acrylic nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cherrysoda

Reaction score
Hi everyone!!

Ive just opend my new salon today and a lady from the shop nxt door wants me
to take off her acrylic nail extensions and replace them with new ones!
Easy peasy i hear u say! Thats what i thought!
Then she told me she'd had this current set on for 5yrs just going back for a backfill when they needed it!
5yrs!!! Is this possible??? what will her natural nails might be like?
Anyone delt with this before?
What did u do??

Thanks xx

nothing wrong with that....

the acrylic wont be 5 years old...it will just grow out and be replaced with each infill.

her nails will probably be in fab condition as they have been protected ... as long as the tech thats been doing them has been good.

i have clients who have been having nails in-filled every 3 weeks for over 2 years now and never had a removal and new set...

you could actually infill her nails and not remove them at all....why does she want them removed and not just infilled...?

yes, they just grow out with each fill
her nails should be great after being protected all of these years.
good luck,
kathleen
My Nails Rock!

just because shes had them on for 5 yrs , doesnt mean they are 5 yrs old,
what she means is that shes had nail enhancements on for 5 yrs.

nails grow end of,
so unless her nails are 5 meters long you have nothing to worry about!!
just soak off if you are sure thats shes been to a reputable salon and replace,
if you are unsure then maybe just infill until her old product grows out,
do you know what product she has on at the moment or where shes been for these nails??

I have no idea? I did suggest that but she said she just wanted some new ones!! just wonder why she hasnt gone back to her normal tech?

I know nails grow hense tellin people to come bk for infills i just aint had someone that hasnt had a break from extensions for 5yrs so wasnt quite sure what they would be like!! I just hope she had a nice experienced tech that isnt a buffaholic lol!!!!
Thanks for the help guys - much apreciated!!!
xxx

unless her nails are 5 meters long you have nothing to worry about!!

:eek::eek: can you imagine that!! 'i'd like them painted with nail art please'

My friend has had enhancements on for 10yrs without a break.
At least this lady is used to them and will know aftercare etc xx

i have had my enhancements on for 4 yrs without a break as i dont see the point in having them soaked of or file off if all they need is an infills and as the new nail growth looks healthy i cant see a problem with having them infilled instead of replaced

Lots of my clients have had theirs on since i started and one of them 7 years before that.
I thought the only point in removing and replacing was if there was a problem or if the tech uses white tips and is unable to use p&w to rebalance.

There are LOADS of ladies out there who will look after their enhancements, won't be seen without them and will come back without fail for maintaining - they make the best clients! xxx

There are LOADS of ladies out there who will look after their enhancements, won't be seen without them and will come back without fail for maintaining - they make the best clients! xxx

Absolutely, they are die-hard nail fanatics! And as regular as clockwork.

You should be fine with her. As you say, if her tech's looked after her natural nail when maintaining them, her nails should be fine . . .

Perhaps she just fancies a fresh set, people do once in a while for no reason.

Hope it goes well x

Saw the lady again today and asked why she was leaving her nail tech if she didnt mind me askin!! She said it was because her nail tech had gone mobile and everytime shes had them done at her house its taken her tech almost half the time as usual to do them and that they are chipping and cracking and she keeps havin to get them fixed!! Naughty tech! lol!!
I also asked her if she knew what her nails were like underneath and she said that one of her enhancements came off the other day and that her natural nail was very soft but followed with "they have always been very soft"
So now i know what exactly im dealing with and cant wait to show her how much better mine are that her current tech :p! hehe

xoxo Sarah oxox

i'd love to paint some art on that if she let them grow!
i know my first thumbnail grew for 4 1/2 years and was about 8 inches long!
when i finally took it off, i had the Backstreet Boys faces painted on it.
i just took off my third thumbnail, it's only about 4 1/4 inches long, and it's still just black.
you can see all, but my latest one (didn't download it yet), on my site.
My Nails Rock! under "my thumbnail obsession".

kathleen
My Nails Rock!

...and my daughter says, "hi everybody!"

Latest posts

Back